Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The new shop is starting to look good (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4383)

Onedwn5up 01-29-2007 01:57 PM

The new shop is starting to look good

For the last two weeks I have been working insane hours to get my new place up and going and it is coming together nicely. Finally got all the paint done and it is a really nice two tone maroon and white that runs the full circumfrence of the shop ( about 2000+ sq ft). We did the same thing in the foyer area along with the black and white checkered tile floor that looks really sharp. Got new carpet put in the office and a fresh coat of paint in there. Started getting the equipment into their respective positions last night and it is starting to look like a real nice bike shop.

I am still in the process of going through all the vendor stuff and getting a few other pieces of equipment I'll need but I am aiming for a grand opening in mid-march/ early april just as we are getting into the start of riding season. But I may do some other stuff here and there in the meantime though my first priority is to get all my own bikes up and going for the season.

A few of the guys on here came out to help so I just wanted to thank the people that came out to lend a hand. Painting is such miserable work and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I couldn't be any happier now that thats over. So thanks to everyone that came out to lend a hand.

Hopefully in about two weeks I'll be having a little Pre-Daytona get together. Just need to get the furniture in there and get all the other odds and ends sorted to make it a comfortable hang out. Probably have the (indoor) grill going and a keg or something. We can eat and watch some motogp from last season or the doctor, the kentucky kid and the texas tornado or maybe the worlds fastest indian. That is such a good movie. Just watched it again over the weekend with a few friends that never saw it and man is it a good movie. Makes me want to go to bonneville so I can say I've done that as well!

For anyone looking to get ready for the '07 track season starting in March/April, feel free to hit me up if you need anything. I'll do what I can for you up until the shop is open full-time. Our First Team Pro-Motion day at Pocono is April 11th I think, or something close to that.

That's about it. Just thought I would give an update as to whats going on! Take care! Feel free to hit me up with questions or let me know if there is something I can help you with! Advice is always free!
-Eric

EuniceEstelle 01-29-2007 03:15 PM

yeyyy!

shadoxkila 01-29-2007 03:50 PM

hey i can tell you right now i'll be the first person comin in for a full tune up

Rev 01-29-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoxkila (Post 57785)
hey i can tell you right now i'll be the first person comin in for a full tune up

Guess you made the wise decision to keep her huh..
Can't wait to come see the shop...only bout 20 min ride for me

John712 01-29-2007 07:24 PM

Eric when can i drop off my wifes bike its making all kinds of noises and i do not feel like digging into it lol.

other then that she needs a new chain and sprocket to.

2002 Gix750

Onedwn5up 01-29-2007 08:52 PM

I don't even have my lifts in yet to work on my own stuff. Going to be a few weeks till I start bringing in other peoples stuff on a regualr basis. My open date is around mid-march, or atleast thats the goal, after I get back from Daytona.
But Chain and sprockets is easy stuff. If you get the chain/sprockets I'll gladly handle the work for you and can do it as soon as next week. Won't take me long at all to do that stuff. I just don't have the vendor stuff set up yet for resale purposes. The fastest thing would be for you to order the sprockets online or over the phone, BUT...I can still get them for you if I get you vortex stuff through my racer support program. You would just have to pay me first so I can order them. It would be faster to order them yourself and have me install them and is what I reccomend for the time being.

if you are talking about a noise from the 02' gix 750 the cam chain tensioner is a pretty common issue though it could be valves or a couple different things but the cam chain tensioner issue is pretty common. Sometimes you can fix the stock one but I reccomend going to a manual tensioner from A.P.E. or a comparable company like orient express or something. They are usually cheaper than stock replacement ones but the adjustment from that point out is manual but I can easily show you how to adjust it if need be. Send me a pm if you are serious about doing the sprockets and chain and I will look into the noise at the same time.

Onedwn5up 01-29-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoxkila (Post 57785)

What bike? What's it need? Or I should say, what do you want done?

yb929rr 01-29-2007 09:38 PM

good luck...i hope everything works out for you!

shadoxkila 01-30-2007 12:06 AM

nothings wrong with it just a normal tune up to get it going for the start of the season once it gets warm, honda rc51... yes, this bitch isn't going anywhere

Onedwn5up 01-30-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoxkila (Post 57826)
honda rc51

cool. I have an '03 that I use for instructing at TPM trackdays. The motor is still stock but I am working on getting a second motor to do an overbore with hi-comp pistons. I used to think that bike was real fast when I first started riding on the track and now I am squeezing the life out of it and wanting more. So I am going to rework the motor and do a few other odds and ends to it and hope to have about 160hp when I'm done. The HRC RC's that hayden an duhamel raced were around 180-190 hp. But I still put it in the top 10 at Daytona this past october. I was doing over 175 on the banks. It was so much fun.

Rev 01-30-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onedwn5up (Post 57859)
cool. I have an '03 that I use for instructing at TPM trackdays. The motor is still stock but I am working on getting a second motor to do an overbore with hi-comp pistons. I used to think that bike was real fast when I first started riding on the track and now I am squeezing the life out of it and wanting more. So I am going to rework the motor and do a few other odds and ends to it and hope to have about 160hp when I'm done. The HRC RC's that hayden an duhamel raced were around 180-190 hp. But I still put it in the top 10 at Daytona this past october. I was doing over 175 on the banks. It was so much fun.

NOT FAST...lol..wtf...that would make me squeeze out a turd right into my sidi boots..

shadoxkila 01-30-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 57860)
NOT FAST...lol..wtf...that would make me squeeze out a turd right into my sidi boots..

well compared to the newer bike the RC is not "fast". Stock its only 125 hp i believe. The new 600's are pushing higher then that forget about the 1000's, there more like 180 stock. I'm not saying i don't love the shit out of my bike but, if i could tweak out some more juice on my bike i would love too. I think i got it at about 140 hp which is still pretty awesome..... + i definitely gotta make it to WCW to see what their suspension work is all about

shadoxkila 01-30-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onedwn5up (Post 57859)

well as everyone knows its not the straight aways that win you the race....good work, that right there is why the RC still rocks

Onedwn5up 01-30-2007 04:44 PM

yeah, stock is about 123-125 hp. which is funny since my supersport r6 is 125 hp.

The best thing to do with the suspension on the RC is replace the rear shock and revalve the forks. But in your case if you are just riding it on the street softer springs and a change of fluid might be all it will take to make it more enjoyable as a street bike. And if you were being budgfet minded we could also replace the rear spring to something more approriate for your weight/style.

sonny 01-30-2007 07:28 PM

I'm in for a sprocket / chain change.