Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

AMA national Super Motard race at E-Town!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
njracer
Team Kessler

Default AMA national Super Motard race at E-Town!!!

Don't forget boys and girls.....the AMA Super Motard national stops in NJ on 6/1-3 and YES, they will be running on the new roadcourse with a infield dirt section. Friday the 1st will be the promotor practice, Saturday will be AM races and Sunday will be the Pro finals.

Tell your friends and come out and check out the races!!!

Anyway, here are some pics from this past weekends ESMRA race at E-town. This should be the last time we have to use the kart track.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Whats the difference between the foot out or on peg body positioning?

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
Whats the difference between the foot out or on peg body positioning?
Foot out means the rider comes from a dirt/MX backround. It's very awkward for me to ride foot out because I have very little dirt riding skills and roadracing is all I really know. Not to mention, the MX style has you sitting more upright compaired to RR where you hand off on the inside.

Regardless, it's VERY fun and I highly suggest it......oh yeah, you can crash these things all day long and they come out with little to no damage.

Oh yeah, a full day of racing (2 races, 2 heats and 4 practice sessions will only set you back $135.00 + gas......and tires last 4EVER!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117

this is something I would love to do! what kinda set up do you need for these bikes?

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 05-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
this is something I would love to do! what kinda set up do you need for these bikes?
How much you willing to spend?

If you have a dirtbike, you can get a big rotor kit and run on/off tires (sportsman class) to get a taste. After that, it gets a bit spendy.

Here are some prices from www.eastcoastwheels.com (where I go) :

Basic Supermoto Conversion Kit - Level 1
Basic Supermoto Conversion Kit
The Basic Conversion Kit includes the items needed to convert your bike to a basic supermotard bike. Kit requires you to lace these rims to your hubs. Want us to do it? - Send hubs to us and well lace them for you. ($50.00 per wheel)

Kit Includes:

1 Front Excel Rim 17 x 3.50

1 Rear Excel Rim 17 x 4.25

Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Spokes and Nipples

1 EBC 320mm Rotor with relocation bracket
Regular price: $1,000.00
Sale price: $750.00

.................................................. .....................................

Warrior Supermoto Conversion Kit - Level 2

For the Weekend Warrior who is looking for that extra "Bite"... Perfect for switching from Dirt wheels to Supermoto Wheels. Simply remove the relocation bracket on your front caliper and remount caliper to fork for dirt wheels set-up. This kit includes a 320mm Oversized supermoto rotor - not stock size replacement rotor.

Kit Includes:

Talon Hubs laced with Black Excel 17" Rims (Lifetime service warranty)

Tires of your choice (most apply) with heavy Duty Tubes PLUS FREE Mounting.

Motomaster or EBC Street Kit (includes 320mm Rotor and Relo Bracket)

Supermoto Front Fender

Rear sprocket gearing of your choice

Chain

Rear Disc Brake
Regular price: $2,150.00
Sale price: $1,750.00

.................................................. .........................

(This is what I have/run but I do have some stuff from the kit below)

Predator Supermoto Conversion Kit - Level 3
Predator Supermoto Conversion Kit

For the rider looking for a race set-up... This kit will allow you to completely convert your bike and make it race ready while still allowing you switch back to dirt tires. The front brake system is complete with CALIPER & Master Cylinder that you can remove all the way up the the handlebars and replace it with your stock one so you don't have to bleed your brakes everytime you switch wheels. This is a Preimer serious kit that includes everything you will need without any "filler" items.

Kit Includes:

Talon Hubs laced with Black Excel 17" Rims (Lifetime service warranty)

Motomaster Race Kit(caliper/rotor) or Braking USA Caliper with 320mm Rotor

Braided Brake Line

Brembo or Magura Master Cylinder (Resevior included)

Supermoto Front Fender

Pro Rally Hand Guards

Front and Rear Sliders

Rear sprocket gearing of your choice

Rear Disc Brake

Chain
Regular price: $3,395.00
Sale price: $2,650.00

.................................................. ...............................................

Pro/Am Supermoto Conversion Kit - Level 4
Pro/Am Supermoto Conversion Kit - Level 4

Looking to compete at the local or National Level ? Let our expert experience outfit you with the all items you will need in order to make your bike a serious Supermoto bike. Want to know what we are using on our National Team Race Bikes?

Looking for something different not included ? Let us know and we'll work it into the package for you.

This is the most complete race package we sell. This is a serious package with no "filler" items.

Kit Includes:

Talon Hubs laced with Excel Rims 17x3.50 or 16.5x3.50 Front and 17x4.25 or 17x5.00 Rear(Lifetime service warranty)

Motomaster Race Kit(caliper/rotor) or Braking USA Caliper with 320mm Rotor or Brembo 4 Piston Caliper with 320 Rotoror Beringer 6 Piston Caliper with 320 Rotor

Braided Brake Line

Brembo, Beringer or Magura Master Cylinder (Resevior included)

Supermoto Front Fender

Pro Rally Hand Guards

Front and Rear Sliders

(3) Rear sprockets with gearing of your choice

Rear Wave Rotor Disc Brake

Chain

Catch Can

STM Slipper Clutch

Chichen Hawk Tire Warmers

HotCam High Performance Racing Cam

Moose Stage 2 Jet Kit or FMF Power-up Jet Kit

*** Receive a 20% discount on any additional items including Riding Gear, Suspension work, Exhausts, Motor Work ***
Regular price: $5,800.00
Sale price: $4,550.00

.................................................. .................................................. .............

"Fa-get-aboud-it" Supermoto Conversion Kit - Level 5

You have been asking for it so here it is. The Absolute one stop to have your entire bike converted to Supermoto and if necessary - we'll supply a brand new bike, modify it and have it delivered to you.

Want to just make one phone call and have everything you need ? Here it is, just send us your Motor and Suspension.

Kit Includes:

Any Color Talon Hubs laced with Any Color Excel Rims 17x3.50 or 16.5x3.50 Front and 17x4.25 or 17x5.00 Rear along with spokes and nipples any color you want. (Lifetime service warranty)

Motomaster Race Kit(caliper/rotor) or Braking USA Caliper with 320mm Rotor or Brembo 4 Piston Caliper with 320 Rotoror Beringer 6 Piston Caliper with 320 Rotor

Braided Brake Line

Brembo, Beringer or Magura Master Cylinder (Resevior included)

Supermoto Front Fender

Pro Rally Hand Guards

Front and Rear Sliders

(3) Rear sprockets with gearing of your choice

Rear Wave Rotor Disc Brake

Chain

Catch Can

STM Slipper Clutch (installed)

Chichen Hawk Tire Warmers

HotCam High Performance Racing Cam (installed)

Moose Stage 2 Jet Kit or FMF Power-up Jet Kit

Alpinestar S1 Supermoto Leathers or (2) sets of Thor Core Supermoto jerseys and Pants

Alpinestar Octane S-Moto Gloves or Thor Core Supermoto Gloves

Head Modified including port/polishing as well as valve seat modifing if necessary.

Fork and Shock Revalving to your individual weight.

***Kit should have aftermarket exhaust - cost of exhaust will be added)

*** Need the whole bike ? Call ***
Regular price: $8,320.00
Sale price: $6,750.00 + the cost of the bike

Old 05-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
ezpunkx
Short Shifter

whats the top speed at these events? where else are there track besides E-Town?

I've been riding my bro's DRZ400 through the twisties its fun

I also dont understand why people would ride MX style on tarmac, only reason i can see is cause of habit. But IMO its only making things worse by having the bike lower to the ground VS hanging off keeps the bike more upright for better grip.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpunkx View Post
But IMO its only making things worse by having the bike lower to the ground VS hanging off keeps the bike more upright for better grip.
Not to mention if someone lowsides into them while trying to make an inside pass...that could get ugly.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Not to mention if someone lowsides into them while trying to make an inside pass...that could get ugly.
I guess you really don't watch MX racing......it's a regular thing and since most of the guys come from MX, it's nothing to worry about. BTW, the speeds in the turns are VERY slow vs the speeds on a proper road course.

Regardless, you NEED to come see the races and watch the "REAL" fast guys back it in to every turn........it's a fuggin amazing site.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:43 PM   #9
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer View Post
I guess you really don't watch MX racing......it's a regular thing and since most of the guys come from MX, it's nothing to worry about. BTW, the speeds in the turns are VERY slow vs the speeds on a proper road course.

Regardless, you NEED to come see the races and watch the "REAL" fast guys back it in to every turn........it's a fuggin amazing site.
I've seen mx racing...theres a lot more sliding around on dirt as opposed to asphalt, using the leg out for better balance while sliding around...I guess. Just seems unorthodox for a road course, but hey, whatever works. I definitely want to check it out one of these days though.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #10
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
I've seen mx racing...theres a lot more sliding around on dirt as opposed to asphalt, using the leg out for better balance while sliding around...I guess. Just seems unorthodox for a road course, but hey, whatever works. I definitely want to check it out one of these days though.

You should see the "sliding" that some of these guys do in every turn. If they were on a roadrace bike they would be on their heads in a heart beat!!!

BTW, thw coolest sound is the rear tire hummin as they brake and set up for a corner.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #11
DubbleRNR
Learner's Permit

I just picked up a DRZ 400 SM over the winter. Do you have to race or can you go down and do track days?

Old 05-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #12
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleRNR View Post
I just picked up a DRZ 400 SM over the winter. Do you have to race or can you go down and do track days?

It's only racing right now but I'm sure e-town will have another practice day or two once the new track opens in a few weeks. However, you can probably run the promotor practice on 6/1 prior to the AMA national. It will probably set ya back about $50 or less. You will have to drain the coolent, tape up your lights and a few other things but nothing major.

BTW - there are quite a few guys in the beginner and novice class's running the DRZ's. Come out and join us, our next race is 6/17 and we should be running the big track.

njracer

Old 05-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #13
Pwang
Learner's Permit

Here's Hayden, Rossi and Biaggi and some othe MotoGP guys playing w/ supermotos. Watch the crazy sh*t Hayden does on his Honda!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjYuWjvlJAQ

Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
NGB
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwang View Post
Here's Hayden, Rossi and Biaggi and some othe MotoGP guys playing w/ supermotos. Watch the crazy sh*t Hayden does on his Honda!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjYuWjvlJAQ
That is some wacked out sh*t.I def want to check this out this weekend anyone interested let's get together and go.

Midgets on gsxr's =

Old 05-31-2007, 08:43 PM   #15
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

That last kit up there makes this bike sound like a steal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...16878317QQrdZ1

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute