Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Track Events
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Beaver Run 4/15-16 w/e Report *Some Pics Added*
Old 04-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206
Default Beaver Run 4/15-16 w/e Report *Some Pics Added*

Well folks...for alot of us this was our season opener, and what a better way to open the season with a lil Beaver...Run that is.

Ok, so here it goes. We head out Fri. for the journey westward. Get to the track around 6pm figuring perfect timing, whatever event was goin on should be over and we'd be able to grab our spot, drop off and semi set up for the morning. Wrong. We get there, and they tell us we can't get in till 10pm...some federal tactical training something or other must of been going on because as the guy is in the middle of telling us we can't go in yet...some dude came down dressed in what looked like middle eastern clothing...said something to one the other guys then took off again to do whatever. Ok, so fine...we leave the trailer there off to the side, meet up with CBRBob and Rita for some food. Go to Walmart and Giant Eagle (supermarket there) get everything we need for Sat. By this time its 1/4 to 10, head back tot he track to set up get there like 5 after...perfect timing again right? WRONG. They still won't let us in...whatever by this time they sent someone down from the group to let us know that it shouldn't be much longer...only a few more min. Fine...we sat and bs'ed with Gallo for a few...finally bout 30 min later we were able to go in, grab our spot, and set up.

Now on to Saturday...Go thru and passed tech...do some final tire psi check, slap on the warmers and head to the riders meeting. After that, get ready to be the first session let out for the day. Grid up, we're let out...out there doin my thing...shakin out some cobwebs...but feelin good. Next rotation, we go out...I expected myself to be fine and go all out...mentally I wanted to, but something just didn't feel right, what it was I have no idea yet. Session was over, thought to myself, maybe I'm still gettin back into it. Third rotation, same thing...I just couldn't get into a groove...now it's startin to mess with my head. 4th session I throw on the lap timer just to see. Ended up being 8 seconds off my pace from late year...wtf. Skipped the session after lunch did 2 more and called it a day. All along thinking/wondering what was goin on. Said, ok, tomorrow is another day.

Onto Sunday...same routine...tech, final setting up, riders meeting, 1st session. Said to myself, Sat was in the past, today (Sun.) is a new day. First session out...mentally I was fine...go out and warm up. 2nd session throw on the lap timer, again, same shit...8 seconds off my pace. Now I'm gettin pissed. 3rd session, go out and give it everything I got...and again...same 8 seconds off pace. The whole time thinking/saying...something just isn't right. Session before lunch, CBRBob was out there following me...just to see what I was or wasn't doing. After the session, I come in...Bob says, does the bike feel ok? Because you're doing everything you usually do, T1,2,3 and 4 you're railin fine...just when it comes to the faster part of the track, looks like the bike doesn't wanna go. This was exactly what I needed to hear...cause at this point at least I know I'm not the only one imagining this shit, lol.

Lunch Starts and we're talking...start coming up with ideas on what it could be. I know the bike was firing on both cyl cause I had checked that earlier...start with the basics, we checked air filter...fine, the plugs, they were dry...lil on the lean side actually. But was real easy to loosen them up(thought maybe this might of been an issue) Carbs...fine...air box/boots seated on the carbs fine. Put everything back...start it up..."Sounds" perfect. Ok, I'll wait till after luch and see if anything helped. Shootin the shit with everyone...I remembered when I spun the rear wheel it seemed a tad tight so I lubed up the chain...but for some reason I blurt out..."Could be the rear axle is to tight?" Omar replies with...it can't be...the spacers stop all that from happening. I said but when I swapped the rims with the new tires on this past Thurs. it happened and I had to back off the axle nut a tad and it helped...he basically jumps out of his chair, and says yank that rear wheel off...sure 'nuff...spacer inside the hub of the rear sprocket was missing To make a long story, longer...It must of fallen out and rolled away when I swapped the rims...totally pull a bonehead move and not checking over myself...get back today, fuggin spacer is sittin there on the side in the storage unit Talk about being lucky.
All in all was great time with everyone...Sorry for the short story...pics will be up at some point

Not finished yet...still typing...standby...

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
duc748pilot
chicken wing

done yet?

Old 04-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Qetesh

I'll wait 'til he's done to give my report

Old 04-17-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
IG.
Learner's Permit

So much for going to sleep early!

Old 04-18-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
Qetesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG.
So much for going to sleep early!

The report it up IG. He just edited his initial post

Old 04-18-2006, 01:03 AM   #6
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

made me get out of my damn chair and get my hands dirty! but it was your birthday, so i'll let it slide. you damn kids today!
I'm just glad that a bearing didn't sieze up while you were riding, that would have been very bad.
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Last edited by AfricanBootyScratcher; 04-18-2006 at 01:42 AM..

Old 04-18-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
benellis
Burnout

Glad to hear you figured out your deal, I didn't even know you were having issues!
Here's my report, My day went good, the new motor worked excellent, the Diablo Corsa's felt good (first time on pirellis) The track was fun, the bike was predictable and a joy to ride, it was the first time I ever rode the R6 in the dry, and by the end of the day I was wore out. The next day I headed home, and went to Point Pleasant with my family, The boardwalk sucked after being at the track, I think I'm ruined, It will be impossible for me to have fun doing "normal" stuff. Thanks to everyone who was there, it was a pleasure hanging out!

Old 04-18-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

Time to replace your rear wheel bearings...

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 04-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #9
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Didn't know you were celebrating a birthday Joe. Happy Belated Birthday.
Had a great time and thanks for the Beaverun photo package. Sorry your ride got cut short because of mechanical issues.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 04-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #10
DougZ
Out of Hiding

OMG..good thing it all worked out and you had no excursions. Maybe you wanna start letting someone else work on that thing.

In your words: " Ur a Mess!!"
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 04-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
GinoE
Brain Close Behind

Send a message via AIM to GinoE

gotta love them 'pocket parts'

good to meet you cats at beaveRun, thanks joe for turning me on to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
...fuggin spacer is sittin there on the side in the storage unit...

TRACK DISTANCES

Old 04-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #12
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Pocket Parts, I have to remember that one.
Good seeing you at the track again Gino
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 04-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #13
Cakes206
The Solution

Great to meet ya Gino...Pocket parts

Least I got to use EFP for Sunday...so it wasn't a total loss. Got a new set of berrings on the way...

GaleSpeed Wheel ride report at Beaverun
Old 04-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #14
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Default GaleSpeed Wheel ride report at Beaverun

Hey folks,
this weekend I finally got the opportunity to ride the TLR with the new wheels and bodywork at Beaverun. The weather was finally in our favor and the track was simply terrific. Long ride to the facility from my place, but well worth it. The people there are equally as nice. I would definitely go there again, especially since I hear that they are making plans to make the track longer in the near future.

The GaleSpeed wheels were from the group buy offered by BX-459. The wheels are ligher than stock and are very nicely finished. I ran the new Metzler Racetec tires on my bike and was very happy with the performance. Sticky with great feedback.

The bike definitely turned faster and accelleration was also quick. The bike just plain PULLS. I can attribute this to both the new wheels and the new 520 chain/spocket set(-1/+2) I am now running. The bike definitely has a better reaction to user input. I came away after two days on the track feeling that it did not take as much work to throw the TLR around with the new setup. After the first morning session, I got re-acquainted with my bike, learned the track layout a little and then began to have some fun. I would love to hit Beaverun again for another 2 day run.

Meeting up with some of the forum guys was also a bonus..had a great time.

This was definitely worth every penny and the next item on my list is the brake upgrade that will be done soon. Upgrading to iron brake rotors and a radial brake M/C.

Ken

2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

Last edited by NYCSTRIPES; 04-18-2006 at 10:28 AM..

Old 04-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #15
Cakes206
The Solution

Ken, your Tiller is bad ass man Lucky 7's!