Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Dealer - Vendor Experience
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

new bike?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #1
shadoxkila
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to shadoxkila
Default new bike?

Hey next year i'm leavin my options open to possibly gettin a new bike, either sellin mine and gettin another sportbike, but i think i might be keepin the RC and gettin a chopper to add to my stable for when i wanna cruise down the shore so when i'm hungover i don't wanna kill myself... any recomendations on places to check out for choppers/ cruisers etc... Was thinkin about going down to motorcycle mall to check out some of those Titans cuz they are bad ass as hell but not sure what i'm gonna do yet.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoxkila View Post
Hey next year i'm leavin my options open to possibly gettin a new bike, either sellin mine and gettin another sportbike, but i think i might be keepin the RC and gettin a chopper to add to my stable for when i wanna cruise down the shore so when i'm hungover i don't wanna kill myself... any recomendations on places to check out for choppers/ cruisers etc... Was thinkin about going down to motorcycle mall to check out some of those Titans cuz they are bad ass as hell but not sure what i'm gonna do yet.

Doesnt sounds like a very smart idea... it doesnt take much to get you killed, and your logic of driving while hungover on a cruiser is safer than a sportbike is what seems to get so many harley riders in trouble.

That thought process really scares me... If you are going to drink, dont get on a bike.. ANY bike...

Ok, lecture over...

As for Motorcycle Mall, i've heard too many horror stories about that place to even bother, but if its close to check bikes out, go for it.. just do your homework before buying from them...

I have been considering a cruiser myself, but it will be a while since I just picked up a new bike in July... I've been wanting a V-twin for a while, and since sportbike v-twin selection is rather limited, I'll probably make sure my cruiser is a twin... I do like the Yamaha V-star a bit... But there are lots of options out there...

Old 11-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Scroll down a bit and check the motorcycle mall post, bunch of momos right tharr. Check out Monmouth Cycles and Sport Honda Power House...both have banner ads in rotation at the top of the site.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #4
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Bike show is just around the corner, I would wait until after that unless you know what you want and are looking for an end of season deal on a leftover bike.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 11-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

If you're looking into a cruiser at least get something that handles well and still has plenty of grunt to boost, like the Honda VTX 1800.

A sluggish chopper is the last thing you want to be riding...sober.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 11-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
Rock712
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Rock712 Send a message via Yahoo to Rock712

BMW!!!!!!

"How can you kill women and children?"
"Easy ya don't lead them as much!"
"navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse"
You think chicks dig guys who look like road-grimed astronauts and have interesting x-rays? You're smoking rope.

Participated in:OEF,OIF, OIF2, very sad I won't return
THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET THE MORE I LIKE MY DOG
UTMC : We are the good guys
ALL YOUR SIDEWALK ARE BELONG TO US
NSD