Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

my problem. help?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
nj01f4i
Squid

Send a message via AIM to nj01f4i
Default my problem. help?

i bought my bike back in august froma dealer, when i was looking at the bike the tires looked in ok shape (i didnt really know any better) the salesman told me they were in great shape and i wouldnt have to worry about em for a long time. now i bought the bike with 10,100 miles in it, the bike now has 12,057miles on it andthere is now a 5 inch strip on the rear tire where the belt is pushing thru after only 1900miles the tires are shot?
i talked to the parts guy and explained to him what my problem was, all he could tell me was "400$ for front and rear tires installed balanced and everything" . now my question is after the dealer told me the tires were great and now i have to replace should the dealer be held accountable for the tires? or should i have to pay for the tires and install?.

i think personally the dealer should be responsible, they told me the tires were in great shape now i have to replace them 1900 miles later? come on that seems kinda silly.

any input would be great thanks guys

Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

things usually work better when you go there and speak loudly, let other customers hear you. hear what you were told and what the problem is now. they hate that. draws from potential buyers.

but for only 1900 miles. thats a weeks worth or riding for me. i would seriously hold that dealer responsible, but then again, some places dont warranty tires.

go to the dealer. dont call. explain it to them. let other hear you, maybe you could get a tire out of the deal.
let us know what happens

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 03-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

I understand your view regarding the principle of the situation, but it shouldn't be a major concern with items like brake pads and/or tires, if it involved the motor then there would be some serious issues.

Bikes aren't like cars in any respect to longevity on certain items like brakes and tires, they need to be replaced more often and cost nearly just as much, it's just the nature of the sport.

Upon inspection of the tread it should've been easy to see that the tread depth was either very low or totally gone for the cords to show thru only a few thousand miles later...that is unless someone was doing burnouts on it shortly after they took delivery of the bike.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 03-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Well i don't think your really gonna get anything out of the dealer. But if you do like john said i think they may be able to work something out for you.

Oh and if it doesn't work, DO NOT give the place $400 for new tires mounted and balance. Call Ron at wcw and get a price for better tires like pirrellis or metzzlers. He'll give you a lot beter price.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 03-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
nj01f4i
Squid

it was my first bike and no i didnt do any burn outs with it.

i never rode the bike hard at all. it was neevr on any roads where it could have been damaged at all.

the salesman todl me the tires were in great condition, mind you this was my first bike so i didnt really know any better.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

ill give u a set of tires, they have plenty of tread left in the middle and about 80% on the sides.
Team Pro-Motion Coach #300
CCS AM #300

Old 03-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
nj01f4i
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowleroftheYear View Post
ill give u a set of tires, they have plenty of tread left in the middle and about 80% on the sides.
what kind of tires? im not picky im just curious as to the size and if they'll fit.
how much are you looking to get for them?

Old 03-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #8
nj01f4i
Squid

i had problems withthe dealer from the first day i bought the bike, i was supposed to take delivery the next day, the next came i called they said the bike couldnt be delivered because it had to be inspected and they would call me wehn it was ready, i didnt get a call for 4 days following. so i called them and they said they found a bent fork and were replacing it, but no one called to tell me this, so 3 more days went by and they told me i could bike up the bike when they orignally said they would deliver it, i told them they had 2 days to get me the bike, i didnt gett he bike to my house til almost a week later. i think they owe me one.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
yb929rr
Skid Mark

sound like a beat dealer. hope things get better.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01f4i View Post
what kind of tires? im not picky im just curious as to the size and if they'll fit.
how much are you looking to get for them?
pirelli supercorsas 180/55 rear 120/70 front.. free
CCS AM #300

Old 03-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
nj01f4i
Squid

Quote:
Quote:
pirelli supercorsas 180/55 rear 120/70 front.. free

when can i pick them up ha. no for real if you want something for them just name it

Old 03-24-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

where do you live?
CCS AM #300

Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #13
nj01f4i
Squid

spotswood, monroe. ill meet you somewhere

Old 03-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #14
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

Them BSing you around on delivery dates should have been sign number 1 to go somewhere else. Some dealerships give 2 shits about their customers because they know if it's not you, it's another guy who wants a bike. I have one of them in my area, the only way to get their attention on the sales floor is to throw money in their face... and even then it doesn't work well if it requires them to actually go look something up or ask about something... talking about wheelies and hitting a buck fifty is apparently more paying the bills, so why worry about customers?

Anyway, the guy probably lied to you. If it was a used bike, he would have no way of knowing how many miles the previous owner put on the bike. You might have bought it with 2000 miles already on those tires, or more.

I bought my bike with 2700, just hit 5000, and replaced the tires... though I still had plenty of tread, the rear was leaking air.

If they won't throw you a bone and you sincerely believe you were lied to, give them a big ole FUUUCK YOUUU and go find someone else. From then on out, refuse to go to that dealership and badmouth them every chance you get. That's what I do!

Who did you buy the bike from, btw?

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 03-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #15
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

i live in monroe
CCS AM #300