Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #16
BlackHat2305
Learner's Permit

Send a message via AIM to BlackHat2305 Send a message via Yahoo to BlackHat2305

yes this is sad !! i awnser 911 calls every day and no matter who it is the call is traced to there adress and police /ems are allways dispatched withen 3 seconds of the call even if its a prank or a 911 hang up, and then its the police on scenes job to make the call for additional resources or to say it was a prank . id love to meet this lady and kick her ass what a shame ! Now this boy lost his mom over some 360 lb bon bon eating 911 dispatcher ughhhhhhhhhh!!!

Last edited by BlackHat2305; 04-11-2006 at 07:27 AM..

Old 04-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #17
Barbi
Unscheduled Blond Moments

What a shame. What a horrible shame.

R.I.P. R14cd 6/4/06

Old 04-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #18
CuCullin
MCSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
Every case should be, that would happen if they had the means to do so. There are only so many cops and EMS on a shift and if they're busy wasting their time responding to or dealing with prank calls cuz they have to respond that takes precious moments away from the calls that need to be responded to. You know exactly what I mean regarding what you're involved in.
Absolutely. But enforcement of the rules associated with 911 (as in prosecution) needs to be strictly adhered to - it tends not to be. In most areas, there are more than enough cops to handle every 911 call that comes in. It will leave some sections without police for a bit, but they otherwise are simply roaming the streets looking for people to give parking citations, pulling people over for seatbelts not being used, or harassing someone about pot (which I don't smoke, but I'm definitely not against). As a firefighter, I'd prefer to roll out to a hundred calls and take my chances than ever miss the opportunity to provide real, much needed assistance.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #19
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin
but they otherwise are simply roaming the streets looking for people to give parking citations, pulling people over for seatbelts not being used, or someone about pot. As a firefighter, I'd prefer to roll out to a hundred calls and take my chances than ever miss the opportunity to provide real, much needed assistance.
I understand your point of view being you'd probably enjoy being out in the field more so than sitting around waiting for the bell to ring, but those cops are just doing their jobs when they aren't responding to those calls. They just have the opportunity of being on the road more so those types of situations are going to happen. Hopefully they have the time to prosecute at least some of the offenders, if not all of them which I doubt they do as you stated.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'