Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Summit GP Race Results 7/16
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
pillaka
Stiffy Pooh

Send a message via AIM to pillaka
Default Summit GP Race Results 7/16

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php...=gpmoto_071607

Supersport Endurance

1 Jon Hovey
2 Martin Lazor
3 Mark Dolente
4 Tom Novelli
5 Zsolt Bencze
6 David Riccodonna
7 Dalton Mejia
8 Robert Crenshaw
9 Dale Jackson
10 Andy Reiss
11 Derek Osner
12 John Stevens
13 David Archbold
14 BJ Fibelkorn
15 Shawn Benton
16 Javier Vazquez

Superbike

1 Brian Ackerman
2 Martin Lazor
3 Dara Lor
4 Brian Hengeveld
5 Joe Riccodonna
6 Andy Reiss
7 Lee Rubin
8 Brian Mosholder

Supersport Sprint

1 John Hovey
2 Martin Lazor
3 Mark Dolente
4 David Zylberberg
5 Rob Allen
6 Ernie Dix
7 David Riccodonna
8 Robert Crenshaw
9 Dale Jackson
10 Dalton Mejia
11 David Archbold
12 Andy Reiss
13 Tom Novelli
14 Mike Mellon
15 Fran Ericsson
16 BJ Fibelkorn
17 George Benes
18 Javier Vazquez
19 Charles Colluro
20 David Anderson

Dash for Cash Expert

1 Brian Ackerman
2 Martin Lazor
3 Jon Hovey
4 David Zylberberg
5 BJ Fibelkorn
6 Charles Collura
7 Shawn Benton

Dash for Cash Novice

1 Kevin Gray
2 Jaier Vazquez

Twister LW

1 Sean Mueller
2 John Stevens

Twister HW

1 Bernard Wilson

Turned out to be a very good weekend for me. This past weekend I traveled down to Summit Point in West VA to race. Drove down sunday night, hit a whole bunch of traffic, then got to the track around 11pm and camped overnight. Woke up Monday morning ready for the day. Looked the bike over one more time, geared up, and waited in line to practice.

1st session out I just focused on getting comfortable on the bike. After crashing 2 weeks prior, I wanted to make sure I was in check mentally, and everything was working properly mechanically on the bike. One major difference on the bike was that I was not running my revalved/resprung forks, but an extra set of stock suzuki ones I got as spares off ebay. So the front end felt really spongy since the springs were softer. Dafan made some adjustments on the front forks and rear shock which made a difference in how the bike felt. Lap after lap, session after session I was gaining more confidence in the bike, and felt I was running a good pace. During lunch I decided to throw on a new set of tires, after I put the wheels back on and rode on the fresh set the bike felt awesome. I was ready to race.

In my superbike race I got a decent start and motored past everyone, took some more guys when I was braking for turn 1. Going into the first turn I was in 2nd, guy in front of me (Martin Lazor) made a little mistake accelerating out and I was able to motor past him. Once I got past I put my head down and laid down some smooth consistent laps. Started checking over my shoulder around lap 3 and saw I already built up a small lead, and lap by lap I was continuously pulling ahead. This is how I like to win races, you take the lead early, pull ahead, then after building a big gap you can relax the remaining laps and take the win after controlling the race. Found out afterwords I beat my best lap time by almost 2 seconds, on stock forks! Didn't have a timer on, they were timing my in the tower. From a dead stop my first lap was a 1:24, 2nd lap I ran a 1:18.2, definately feel like I got down into the 1:17 range because I picked up the pace on laps 3 - 6.

The second race I did for the day was the open class dash for cash race. Also got a good start, and was in third for the first half of the first lap. Passed the guy in front of me (Jon Hovey) under braking for turn 5, and was behind Martin Lazor. He was running a stronger pace this time and I was right on his back tire for about 3 laps. Being on a newer 1000 he had a little more motor than I do I did my best to stay in his draft on the straights. I think he knew I was there and started to feel the pressure, so just like in the superbike race, he had trouble accelerating out of turn 1 and I got the better drive and motored past him. The rest of the race I led but he was right on my back tire. On the final lap, he tried to take me on the brakes going into turn 1 and hold a tight line blocking me, but he couldn't hold his line and I snuck right up on his inside and retook the lead, lead the rest of the lap and finished first! Probably the best feeling in the world is winning a race after having a good battle like that, nothing beats it.

All in all, perfect weather, bike ran good, I felt good, won two races, can't beat that! Last time I took a double win was may 14th, and I was in a little slump following so I'm back on track. Also feel that I finally broke my plateau and found more speed out there, looking forward to the premeir event down at VIR on the 30th.

2009 Yamaha R6 Racebike R.I.P
WERA expert #360
CCS/ASRA #360
TPM Coach #360

2009 Sponsors

Team Pro-Motion
Woodcraft CFM Motorsports
Monmouth Cycles
Rider Insurance

Old 07-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Awesome write up and some great riding Brian. Congrats on the double win.

Good luck at VIR. I may head up for the day. If I do I will keep my eye out for you.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
BurnCycle
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to BurnCycle

WTG Brian!

The HW Twister group competition has been non-existent. My name at the bottom of that list is almost an embarrassment. 3 wins with only 1 other rider that I've raced against. Oh well one more win, or even showing up to run and I can say I was the 2007 HW Twister champion... It'll look good on a resume.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction… and sometimes a scar.