Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

to all who dont like the show "superbikes"
Old 08-23-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
kneedragger
Squid

Default to all who dont like the show "superbikes"

not sure if anyone has seen this yet but i stumbled upon it and thought maybe others would be interested in signing this petition. i think the shows is just plain stupid. sure they show a track day or a curve here and there, but they ought to call the show supersquids. i mean, do sportbikers really need anymore negative attention brought on them?
http://gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=18661

Old 08-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
HookRone
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickawilly
i like the show. its not hurting anyone or anyones "reputation". the people who do stupid shit like run from the cops or standups on the freeway with no gear gives sportbike riders a bad name. but the show doesnt......
I have to agree to one of the comments on the thread. I guess they could put on more nascar. If anyone doesn't like it just don't turn it on.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
RCM78
Tech Nazi

So far the show sucks. But I heard they are turning it around. They are profiling AMA Racer Scott Jensen on an upcoming episode. Plus they did do a profile on NYSBC on a past episode...
TPM Coach #71

Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #4
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

The show serves it's purpose regarding entertainment for the masses despite the fact that it sheds a negative light on sportbike riders...

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 08-23-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

I think by constantly showing the reckless side of urban sportbike clubs, we will all pay for it eventually when the insurance industry hammers us again for trying to get insurance for sportbikes that grace the streets.

Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #6
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Somehow I doubt that the next time Allstate is coming up with its formula for motorcycle rates that some TV show is going to factor into the equation. I havent seen the show but I can only imagine the squidly things they do and the negative image it is portraying.... but a lot of TV is like that...

Old 08-24-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Hmm, someone let ider know the SVs were being used to go fast and look what happened to their rates!
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 08-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #8
Shelly
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to Shelly

Hmm...I'll have to check this show out and see what I think...it's media...in high hopes that we're not put in such a negative light

"Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth."-- Ken Blanchard

Old 08-24-2006, 09:15 AM   #9
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
The show serves it's purpose regarding entertainment for the masses despite the fact that it sheds a negative light on sportbike riders...

lmfao..ronnie poo...showing negative light on sportibkes does not serve any purpose...the show isn't entertaining..it's gay...

Old 08-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #10
Drew
Short Shifter

http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/s...hlight=squidtv

Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #11
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

yes it kind of sucks but who cares... i think the show just whows what goes on everyday... that sit ther eare reckles idiotic riders inthe streets every single day.. ..what are you goign to do sign a petition to ban those riders from riding...?

Old 08-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
kneedragger
Squid

the show is a lil squidly for me, and i dont want people to get the impression that all sportbikes run up and down the highway doin standups. thats the only thing that bothers me about the show. their coverage on track days, the epidsode on the streetfighters and the one on deals gap, all pretty cool. i just figured id post in case anyone really wanted to sign that petition. dont know if it would really do anything, but figured id throw it out there for everyone

Old 08-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #13
HookRone
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger
the show is a lil squidly for me, and i dont want people to get the impression that all sportbikes run up and down the highway doin standups. thats the only thing that bothers me about the show. their coverage on track days, the epidsode on the streetfighters and the one on deals gap, all pretty cool. i just figured id post in case anyone really wanted to sign that petition. dont know if it would really do anything, but figured id throw it out there for everyone
I have to agree. I always feel like I have to defend myself against the squidish riding. But It's hard when to when you see people doing wheelies on highways all the time. Down 287 w/ t-shirt flapping or Yellow Duc doing a stand up pass to troopers (2 that stood out that i seen recently). Bet the 100 cars they passes on one wheel most of them never heard or seem the show.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #14
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

well there are plenty of other shows that don't portray their respective industries/fields accurately either, but they're still on the air. basically as long as the show makes money and there is SOME interest in it (from the general public, non-riders, and squids), then it will stay on...