Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Immigrant protests
Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Default Immigrant protests

Here's the funniest quote I've read so far, I thought I'd share:

Quote:
Johanna Holanda, 17, stayed away from school to attend the rally, carrying a sign saying "we are workers not criminals". She also carried her baby son, Eric.
source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060501.../usimmigration

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 05-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Failing to recognize this weak border policy as the problem that it really is will surely become something we will regret in the future. My biggest gripe besides allowing throngs of illegals to walk into the country un-documented is the double standard US Immigration has had for decades.
Immigration allows basically unrestricted flow of third world immigrants, mosltly illegal with few actual hurdles to clear. Immigrants from first world nations are restricted by both numbers allowed to enter and heaps of red tape to complete the legal process.

The whole thing needs an enema
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 05-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AFP) - US immigrants have launched a day of strikes and boycotts as part of a mounting campaign to demand reforms to give millions of illegal workers the right to stay in the country.
yeah fuck that, you got your own country to for in!

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 05-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
jcblitz

I'm enjoying the day of piece and quiet, I don't hear a lawn mowers or weed whackers anywhere. And I didn't have to say "what?" 3 times at Mc Donalds today. ba ba bap ba ba, I'm lovin' it.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 05-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz
And I didn't have to say "what?" 3 times at Mc Donalds today. ba ba bap ba ba, I'm lovin' it.

LMFAO

but seriously im against it, always was and always will be!! i dont hate them (immigrants) their people just like we AMERICANS are and need to live. but if a lot of us americans are struggling to get jobs in our own country they'll have to do the samething. go work in your own country, thats where you belong thats where you work!

main factor is because many immigrants are already in our jobs. doing it for less while these businesses are making a mint yearly.

do i have to fear my job where i get paid just a little bit over $20 a hour for what i do.? do i deserve to get paid $20+ a hour for the risks i take messing with 20,000+ volts of electricity, shutting off and turning on gas.? 6 days a week, i sure in the hell do!... most immigrants dont give a shit about it, they just look at it as im getting $5 a hour $3 or $4 more then what i was getting in their country! fuck, their just sending it back to their families in the forign countries so their families can live 10 times better! and fucking us from living the way we already do!

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 05-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

Sounds like the perfect time to go out with a big ass shovel and earth mover... puttem all in, and dump them over the border...

leave a note, in spanish of course, saying... you idiots, u showed us all where u were so we could deport your ass instantaneously...

Old 05-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
jcblitz

I just hate that my tax dollars send their kids to school's which they don't even help pay for.

http://www.couplescompany.com/Featur...oolbudgets.htm

Minarchism

Old 05-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
CuCullin
MCSE

Which is why they should be allowed to cross over at any time, allowed to work, but we should tax them - for everything, even those things (such as social security) that they won't benefit from.

Its impossible to manage the borders. Its makes more sense to let them come here and work for cheap, and simply get stricter with business owners paying for their labor to pony up on taxes. You do realize American companies profit big off them, and they save money on taxes and such as well, right?

Old 05-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #9
Hassmaschine
Mr. Megadeth

I say we hypnotize cheech, give him 30 lbs of marajuana and tie him to a truck, and drive around the country, then, drive him right into mexico.. it'll be like the pied piper.

RIP Jon 08.15.78 - 09.02.03, RIP AJ.

-Ein Verstand, eine Energie. Sie mögen Motorräder und sprechen über sie!
-If it bleeds for more than 3 days and doesn't die, BAN IT!

Old 05-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES
Failing to recognize this weak border policy as the problem that it really is will surely become something we will regret in the future. My biggest gripe besides allowing throngs of illegals to walk into the country un-documented is the double standard US Immigration has had for decades.
Immigration allows basically unrestricted flow of third world immigrants, mosltly illegal with few actual hurdles to clear. Immigrants from first world nations are restricted by both numbers allowed to enter and heaps of red tape to complete the legal process.

The whole thing needs an enema
Ken
I think I mentioned this a few times, but my gf is here on a temporary visa, and trying to become a full time legal citizen (or just a green card) in this country unless you have sponsorship from a company (not cheap, and not something your average landscaping company is going to do) or have a higher education degree of some form seems to require some sort of voo doo magic.

While I can see where the country wants "higher" educated people to help the country, its also hurting the average "American" by taking potential jobs away from educated Americans and giving them to legal foreigners who will work for half the pay. I saw this frequently at a startup I was with a few years ago.

The whole system certainly needs to be reworked. The bottom line is all of us came here because immigration made it possible. Our current laws are designed to essentially make it darn near impossible.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #11
CuCullin
MCSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejtable
While I can see where the country wants "higher" educated people to help the country, its also hurting the average "American" by taking potential jobs away from educated Americans and giving them to legal foreigners who will work for half the pay. I saw this frequently at a startup I was with a few years ago.
Eh... yes and no. I agree, but also because I believe that some fundamental aspects of our society from a financial standpoint need to be adjusted. We are obviously moving towards a global economy - we aren't there yet, but progress is being made. Outsourcing is a great example. What was found from some outsourcing, however, was a degradation in quality. Whats going to happen (over a very long period of time) is a levelling out of salaries worldwide for the same positions as the internet and other forms of communication and collaboration allow for any small company to act as a global producer. So... half the pay may be how it is now, but won't necessarily remain the case. Salaries will increase, or be appropriate to the level of skills associated as communication technologies close the gap between international borders and normalize us all into a global economy. Its unavoidable, really, but I think in a similar way to the 90's and the .com bubble, right now we are in a period of transition where this will continue to happen until we reach the point where it reaches a reasonable level for all.

Similar, if you will, to the current real estate situation - its definitely moving away from being a sellers market, and the growth of real estate value has substantially decreased.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Chaddup Jor Face...All of Joo...Chaddup...Puta!!!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin
Eh... yes and no. I agree, but also because I believe that some fundamental aspects of our society from a financial standpoint need to be adjusted. We are obviously moving towards a global economy - we aren't there yet, but progress is being made. Outsourcing is a great example. What was found from some outsourcing, however, was a degradation in quality. Whats going to happen (over a very long period of time) is a levelling out of salaries worldwide for the same positions as the internet and other forms of communication and collaboration allow for any small company to act as a global producer. So... half the pay may be how it is now, but won't necessarily remain the case. Salaries will increase, or be appropriate to the level of skills associated as communication technologies close the gap between international borders and normalize us all into a global economy. Its unavoidable, really, but I think in a similar way to the 90's and the .com bubble, right now we are in a period of transition where this will continue to happen until we reach the point where it reaches a reasonable level for all.

Similar, if you will, to the current real estate situation - its definitely moving away from being a sellers market, and the growth of real estate value has substantially decreased.
Globalization is different from foreigners taking Americans jobs in America... Quite frankly if a company wants to outsource to India because its cheaper, well ok, but at least the poor sucker they are outsourcing too still has to live in India... Give that same job to a foreigner living in the states, and now they have a job AND the freedom/security this country has to offer... In a way its all part of the same thing, but at this time they arent the same, as the standard of living is not equal among the countries involved in this globalization process (yet). Salaries may go up and level out for everybody across the board, but at the moment that only hurts those of us making more money and helps those making less.

My example was strictly talking about (highly educated) foreigners coming to this country to take jobs away from Americans, which our government has no problems with allowing. Its the low paying jobs (unskilled labor) that this country wont grant green cards for and has made immigration for these people VERY difficult even though they work their ass off. Its discrimination based on social status. We welcome with open arms anybody from a foreign country with a college degree (for the most part, there are limits), yet turn away those that are willing to do america's dirty work, even though our economy has shown that the services of these people are essential.

America is a country of immigrants. To deny these people access to the same immigration process as our ancestors (which we have) is no fault of theirs.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #14
sonny
Craigslist Champion

one word that answers all of this protest bullshit.

ILLEGAL.

you want to be here? get your ass here legally and learn the language.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #15
CuCullin
MCSE

ffejtable... I agree, I just simply see the stabilization of wages as inevitable, so the period of hurt for those of us making more is inevitable as well. And I definitely agree on your later comments.