Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 02-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #16
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o View Post
everyone should start on a busa!

on the real they make bikes to easy to buy.. i remember when there was no $39 dollars a month and everyone gets approved special ..
when you actually had to have money to buy a bike...
Lol... I don't know how valid this is... I'm piss broke, but still managed to finance my current bike, but I know I am more responsible on it then some of these rich kids who could go right out and drop 7-10k on a brand new liter bike because it looks the most bad ass, then a week later they are doing wheelies, and the following week doing wheelies at 160mph. Bikes being too easy to buy isn't the problem. I think that it should be mandatory to take the MSF course, free or not, it tought me more than I ever could have imagined. You don't think about a lot of the situations or details until they bring them up to you.

They need tighter restrictions on what sort of riding permit riders can do also. Most people seem to ride in groups the majority of their riding time anyway, so all you would need is one licensed rider within a 1/4 mile of a group of 20 permit riders and they are protected. Now, slap on a curfew time, and prevent them from taking those bikes out friday and saturday nights, you'll see how eager they will be to take that MSF course or go for their road test (and how many of them won't be able to pass the road test on their GSXR1000's)
1) Require some sort of motorcycle riding and safety course
2) Make it so that for each permit rider in a group has to be accompanied by a separate licensed rider
3) Pass helmet laws in each state also (can't believe dumbshits who refuse to wear them... proven fact, chicks dig guys with entire heads over guys without one)
4) While they're at it, take off the stupid questions about drunk driving (anyone that doesn't know the effects of alcohol on your driving aren't going to figure it out with a written permit test) and throw some more motorcycle questions on it

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

There should be separate tests for people wanting more powerful bikes. They would be expensive and actually require skill. This means that anyone could take the test and you could do it at any time but only people that can ride would pass. There should be a whole separate test for motorcycles. Forget "more questions", they should all be about riding a bike.