Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > On The Dyno
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

looks bad, feels the same
Old 06-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
opinion914
White Group Rulez!

Default looks bad, feels the same

Different dynos do different things, attached is my dyno run at Performance Cycle on Sat. the 4th. Divide the torque in half, it was a faulty setting, but the airfuel was what i was after, he says its good, but a bit on the lean side , i suppose i could play w/ the PC3R, but i wouldnt know what i was actually doing. Great seeing you Joe, and great seeing you Jen, i never got to check out the under tail jen, but Joes bike is sharp.

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	air.fuel.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	88  

Old 06-06-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
5wytchBh4kk
Short Shifter

I found through trail and error that the best map for at least my bike is the one for a completely stock bike. I was never able to make more power or get any less flat spots with any other pre fab map from PC. I really do not believe that dynojet sat there with every bike, with every exhaust /intake combo and R&D'd a custom map for it. The PC3 would then cost about $10,000 if that was the case lol. Also if you compare most similar maps, ie, stock bike to ones with some kind of slip on, theyre not very different. Something else you could do is call your exhaust manufacturer to see if they have a map they can email you, or perhaps they can reccomend which one from dynojet comes closest for them.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
CBRBob
A 37 Production

They do make those maps for every exhaust they test. The way they do it is people come in with X bike with Y exhaust on it that they have never tested and make a map for it. It's not that much work with a PC3 to do that. But Every bike and EVERY pipe is different so the only way YOU can have a map for YOUR bike is to have one made! Sounds too simple but its true.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Damn, so atleast we know now it'sreally the rider thats fast huh Kev ...those #'s seem about right for that year, no?

Was awesome chillin with ya man...we gotta set up a lil ride one day

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #5
opinion914
White Group Rulez!

must be the rider, 130hp isnt enough to break static friction

Old 06-08-2005, 10:00 AM   #6
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

as far as re-mapping a bike because of a slip on isn't needed. If you've gone with a full exhaust and replaced/modified/removed any emissions equipment then you should remap. If you've done more than that such as modded your intake, changed cr, changed fuel psi, head work, cams, etc then you have to re-map. These are pretty basic rules to follow.

Another thing you have to remember is that the maps from dynojet are strictly a starting point. As mentioned every engine is different even in the same year, same model. Also note that alot of dynojet tunners only tune for good a/f ratio's. This doesn't give you the best performance. This is also why someone who has the same bike as you but has tunned their bike based on real world results will walk away from you if you've only tunned based on a dynojet run.

I mention dynojet directly because most dynojet owners/tunners only adjust maps based on a/f. Other types of dyno analyse differently and therefore the bike is tunned differently.

I could probably go on for pages but this is good enough to get people to look for more info and gain a better understanding of things dyno related.
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Old 11-19-2005, 04:05 AM   #7
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commuta_Busa
as far as re-mapping a bike because of a slip on isn't needed.
There was one case where someone put a Devil slip-on onto a '04 Gix 6. No other mods were performed and right after the install the bike's idle was very uneven constantly jumping from 600 to 1,000 rpms. So would that call for a re-mapping?

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 12-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
opinion914
White Group Rulez!

even stock bikes should be dyno tuned and possibly remapped. the fluctuation in the idle might have always been there, just more noticeable due to the extra db's being produced now.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:22 PM   #9
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

remapping will even help a stock bike, let alone one with just a slip on. as far as the "pre-fab" ones that you could download off thier site, they are submitted by dealers and tuning centers that have made and tested them, and not usually by dynojet themselves. keep i mind that different conditions will make bikes have different tuning requirements, so what was made and works best on a rainy November day in Seattle may not be so good down in New Mexico.
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts