Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

great economy
Old 02-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa
Default great economy

So after seeing Joe's nice shiny new truck and my long long time need for a tow vehicle I figured I would look at some used ones. So I did around and find a semi used (2007 model) with 21k miles on it. I figured let me help "stimulate the economy" by buying from the big 3.

My next step was to see what kind of financing may be available. Since the bank exec's went to congress saying they'er handing out lonas as much as ever I figured let's uncover the truth.

So regardless of how much I were to put down, regardless of the terms (48, 60, or 72 month), and forget about even talking about interest rates, I discovered since my credit score is not in the >700 very very good credit rating that doors just keep closing.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to save my money and NOT contribute as a consumer.
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
RCM78
Tech Nazi

No offense intended here but a big part of the problem was letting people with questionable credit take out loans they couldnt afford.

It's a good thing they are tightening the qualifications to get a car loan or mortgage.
TPM Coach #71

Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

none taken the key is not being able to afford a lona. My debt to income ratio is fine but it's my fault for not carrying recurring monthly debt other than my mortgage.
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot