Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > General Bike Media
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 01-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #16
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Nice!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #17
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

I can say that Friday's show had much less of a "street bike gangta" presence. I went on Saturday last year and that was a heavy part of the show. I guess the trick to avoiding that element is to go on the opening Friday. Smooth sailing for sure on that day this year.
Last year I can remember all of the club colors being worn on wannabe kevlar vest carriers. This year I saw a few vendors selling the phony body armor carriers for use as club color vests. Other than that and the lack of Triumph's participation in the show, I had a very good time.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 01-21-2007, 11:39 PM   #18
CBRBob
A 37 Production

One sad thing, Chris Carr was there with the BUB streamliner. Hardly anyone knew who he was! He was sitting on a stool 7 feet from it and everyone was looking at the bike, he was alone. I told him great job this year, he thanked me. Unfortunately I was rushed and couldnt talk with him some more.

Here is one more pic from the show (No time to put the static discharge on this one though LOL!)
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 01-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #19
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

I managed to squeeze in a few hours on Sat afternoon during the height of the mess. I had a nice time, was very comfortable sitting on the Honda 600RR, the Duc 1098 wasn't that comfortable, overall I enjoyed the show as usual.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #20
JoeyHonda
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Guess it was better to go on friday then, not too many of the wannabe idiots with their tech vests on wasnt too crowded either which is always good.

Tom
I didnt see your lanky ass there. Then again.. last year if Kamzilla was more than 5 feet away I would lose him in the crowd. Early Friday was a much better time to be there. I didnt have to fight to sit on the 1098 or 600RR when I got there... a few hours later it was almost a madhouse (but still not as bad as a saturday)

Aside from the social aspect, I dont think I will be going for the next few years. I can get the same thing from a group ride to a few dealerships. I did get to try on a bunch of helmets (arai's suck for me) and win some prizes from a local radio station. I even saw a couple of TPM coaches but they were surrounded like movie stars and engulfed in conversations.

I didnt get to mount any Triumphs so I have to get up to Rockwells I guess.

-jh

Old 01-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #21
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyHonda View Post
I didnt see your lanky ass there. Then again.. last year if Kamzilla was more than 5 feet away I would lose him in the crowd. Early Friday was a much better time to be there. I didnt have to fight to sit on the 1098 or 600RR when I got there... a few hours later it was almost a madhouse (but still not as bad as a saturday)

Aside from the social aspect, I dont think I will be going for the next few years. I can get the same thing from a group ride to a few dealerships. I did get to try on a bunch of helmets (arai's suck for me) and win some prizes from a local radio station. I even saw a couple of TPM coaches but they were surrounded like movie stars and engulfed in conversations.

I didnt get to mount any Triumphs so I have to get up to Rockwells I guess.

-jh

You know all us long haired white guys look alike but I will take the lanky comment since I am loosing weight With the discounted tickets its not too bad just to wander around and look at stuff, plus I needed to talk to a few powder coaters for my TL project.

Tom

RE: BUB
Old 01-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #22
Xracer264
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to Xracer264 Send a message via Yahoo to Xracer264
Default RE: BUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
One sad thing, Chris Carr was there with the BUB streamliner. Hardly anyone knew who he was! He was sitting on a stool 7 feet from it and everyone was looking at the bike, he was alone. I told him great job this year, he thanked me. Unfortunately I was rushed and couldnt talk with him some more.

Here is one more pic from the show (No time to put the static discharge on this one though LOL!)

Ant Natale and myself got to talk to Chris for about 15 minutes. He was very cool. He was telling us about the run and on his return run he had a side wind and he was full lock to the right on the controls just to keep it tracking straight at 350MPHs! If you watch the video you can see the bike leaning to the left. Not a bad show but whats with the Fake bullet proof vests the gangs were wearing?

"Me and Max we no like" Valentino Rossi in "Faster"

Old 01-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #23
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Those lame ass vests have been around about 3 years now. The 1st year they were going for the authentic look. I suspect someone tried to see if they really worked because last year they were in several different colors. This year the 2 that stood out were metallic (like a womans dress) and a pink one that was way too small on a woman that was wayy too big.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #24
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

yeah, no triumph OR KTM. I was also dissapointed to see that Honda didn't have a single bike from Zemke, DuHamel or any of the supported guys. On top of that they go and raise the '07 600rr price to 9,499! It's starting to sound like europe in here. Sitting on the new 1098 is cool and it is much more comfortable than the 999. The new monster 695 is sure to be a hit as well.

One of the coolest bikes I saw was the Cagiva Mito 500 that they were surveying to see if they should produce. That would be such an awesome lightweight bike to compete with the likes of the sv and kawi 650r.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 01-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #25
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Not True, Honda had a Zemke 600RR there, but nothing else. I was hoping Nicky
s bike would be there like Rossi's was. Nicky's bike is probably in Japan.
Ken

2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 01-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #26
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

must of been hidden around the other side of the display where I didn't see it. Wish I did.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 01-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #27
JoeyHonda
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onedwn5up View Post
must of been hidden around the other side of the display where I didn't see it. Wish I did.
it was stashed behind the dirt bikes with two others.

It was wierd that they only had one vfr, one CBR 1K and 600RR available to sit on. (that I saw anyway)

I guess honda isnt trying to impress anyone or sell any bikes?

-jh

Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #28
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
Those lame ass vests have been around about 3 years now. The 1st year they were going for the authentic look. I suspect someone tried to see if they really worked because last year they were in several different colors. This year the 2 that stood out were metallic (like a womans dress) and a pink one that was way too small on a woman that was wayy too big.
Those Hell's Angels vest looked very authentic.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 01-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #29
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyHonda View Post
it was stashed behind the dirt bikes with two others.

It was wierd that they only had one vfr, one CBR 1K and 600RR available to sit on. (that I saw anyway)

I guess honda isnt trying to impress anyone or sell any bikes?

-jh
Jeez, you missed a lot! There were 3 Interceptors, 2 1Ks and 2 600s on the floor.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #30
GinoE
Brain Close Behind

Send a message via AIM to GinoE

here are a few shots from my camera/phone:

my tax refund will go to this:

i took this pic for all you momo's:

fun with cakes:

and jen

TRACK DISTANCES

Last edited by GinoE; 01-23-2007 at 06:41 PM..