Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Blinker Problems, Help!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
Liltenatattoo
lil wiggle

Send a message via AIM to Liltenatattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Liltenatattoo
Default Blinker Problems, Help!!!

I have asked a few people and can't get a straight answer. I put aftermarket LED's on the back of my bike, and regular flushmounts on the front, all the wires are attached properly, the flasher relay is working, but when i turn the blinker on, it lights up (both front and back) but doesn't blink.
When I turn it off, the lights go off. They just don't blink.
I was told an equalizor is used for LED's but only if they are blinking fast.
What can I use or buy to get them to work? I need this fixed before Saturday!!! Help!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Take one wire off at a time and see what happens., You may have the running and signal wires crossed to ground.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Yeah l.e.d.'s take a lot less power to run compared to standard bulbs. This means the stock blinker relay will make the lights blink fast however it should not effect them so they don't light up. I agree with CBRBob and make sure your wiring is correct.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 08-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
Liltenatattoo
lil wiggle

Send a message via AIM to Liltenatattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Liltenatattoo

The wires that came off the LED's were exactly the same, no different markings to tell them apart. I will try to switch wires. But they do light up, they just don't flash. Do you think the equalizer is still needed?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue

Or there are also aftermarket solutions.

http://www.customled.com/index.htm

Some FAQ's

Q: Will my blinkers blink faster if I install a Custom LED Integrated Tail or the Universal LED Flushmounts and remove my stock blinkers?

A: Yes

Q: Why do my blinkers blink fast when I remove my stock blinkers?

A: The stock flasher relays on our motorcycles - which are the devices that make blinkers "blink" - are designed to blink twice as fast as normal when a bulb is burned out. This is to let the operator know that there is a blinker bulb burned out. Unfortunately, most after market blinker products (including Custom LED products) consume so little power compared to the stock bulbs, that the flasher relay thinks that a bulb is out when this is not the case.

Q: How do I slow down the blinkers on my bike?

A: If you are NOT using a Custom LED Integrated Tail you have two options:
o
simply replace the flasher relay with one that is not designed with a "bulb out notification." The Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Relay is perfect for this.
o
or you could install the Custom LED Load Equalizer Stage II.

If your you are using a Custom LED Integrated Tail you should:
o
simply replace the flasher relay with one that is not designed with a "bulb out notification." The Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Relay is perfect for this.

Q: If I decide not to slow down the flash rate, will it harm my bike or its wiring in the long run?

A: No it will not harm the bike, and as a matter of fact, some people prefer the faster blink rate as it is more attention grabbing.

Q: I installed a Custom LED Integrated Tail and another manufacturers LED flushmounts and now my blinkers wont blink at all, what's wrong and how do I fix it?

A: If the amount of power consumed by the blinkers is too little, the stock flasher relay will fall below a threshold where it will no longer blink. To fix this problem, you must either replace the flasher relay with one that does not have a minimum load requirement and/or a bulb-out notification such as The Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Relay. Or, if your bike does not have a replaceable flasher relay then you need to install the Custom LED Stage II Load Equalizer.

If you just want it to blink again (fast) the Custom LED Stage I Load Equalizer is a value packed solution! Please E-mail us for technical assistance.

Q: What is your standard shipping method?

A: The products that Custom LED sells directly from this website ship USPS Priority Mail which is 2-3 day mail. The shipping fees are automatically calculated on checkout and include a small handling fee and PayPal fee.

For products that are sold at McCoy MotorSports, please contact them directly about their shipping methods.

Q: What is a better way to correct the flash rate on my bike, the The Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Relay or the Custom LED Stage II Load Equalizer?

A: The better way to correct the flash rate on any car or motorcycle is to replace the factory flasher relay with one that does not have a minimum load requirement and/or bulb-out notification. The Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Relay is the best solution for motorcycles and cars with compatible flasher relays (see product page for compatibility note).

By replacing your flasher relay, you are taking advantage of the power saving aspects of the LEDs (or smaller lamps) you have installed. The Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Relay corrects the bikes blink rate without wasting power, and for HALF the price of two pair of the Custom LED Stage II Load Equalizer!

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion