Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Black friday/ electronic gadgets
Old 11-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Default Black friday/ electronic gadgets

Got a 2 parter for you guys here.

I am looking to see if I can find a deal on a garmin zumo on black friday as well as a few other smaller things and wanted to know wehre guys look for deals and rebates etc....

Secondly turns out my palm pilot is dying a slow death (its 3 yrs old so I got my moneys worth, even more so since it was a gift) I was thinking about a palm pilot/cell phone like the treo I wanted ot know what pewople thought about the different models out there and what would be good. I mostly would need it to store data for my medical reference programs, thaen any other goodies would be gravy on top of that.

Tom

Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

First... You best bet on a zumo would be a place doing 10% sales on electronics.. Few places even carry the zumo, and those that do are unlikely to have it as any kind of doorbuster special.

The treos are pretty nice, I was testing with both the 700w and 700p while at Vzw and I preferred the windows version cause it had bubble breaker preloaded onto it.

They are considerably larger than the Palm PDA devices though, and for me personally too big for a phone. However, if you always carry your PDA and cellphone then you might be better off.

Any of the smartphones should do what you want, unless the data you are storing is accessed by Palm only software, then you are pretty much stuck with a PalmOS based phone, and then the 700p is your only option (at least with Vzw).

Old 11-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejtable View Post
First... You best bet on a zumo would be a place doing 10% sales on electronics.. Few places even carry the zumo, and those that do are unlikely to have it as any kind of doorbuster special.

The treos are pretty nice, I was testing with both the 700w and 700p while at Vzw and I preferred the windows version cause it had bubble breaker preloaded onto it.

They are considerably larger than the Palm PDA devices though, and for me personally too big for a phone. However, if you always carry your PDA and cellphone then you might be better off.

Any of the smartphones should do what you want, unless the data you are storing is accessed by Palm only software, then you are pretty much stuck with a PalmOS based phone, and then the 700p is your only option (at least with Vzw).
I will chck if these programs are also in windows, I assume they are since a lot of people use them at work. I am not too thrilled withthe size of them either but a tleast I wont have to carry 2 devices and worry about keeping them charged etc...

Tom

Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
CBRBob
A 37 Production

The batteries on the Treos last a looong timeas well. Not like some of these new mini-phones that seem to need to be charged after 2 hrs. Plus if you carry a palm anyway..........
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
The batteries on the Treos last a looong timeas well. Not like some of these new mini-phones that seem to need to be charged after 2 hrs. Plus if you carry a palm anyway..........

but where do I get one with all the cool sound clips and pics like yours

Tom