Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Social Networking > Group Rides - Events - Bike Nights
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Who wants to go for a ride this evening? Monday 7/16
Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up
Default Who wants to go for a ride this evening? Monday 7/16

I want to take out my 600RR for some solo riding fun. Anyone want to join me? Smaller group than yesterday and please only people that are comforatble with tight roads and quickened pace in the right spots.

Like many saw yesterday, I am very selective about where I go fast. I can't afford the tickets any more than the next guy.

I want to leave around 5:30. Meet up will be at Dunkin Donuts on Rt 23. North at the intersection of jackson Ave, just after Pompton Honda/Suzuki and in the same plaza as the Kawasaki Yamaha Sport Center. I'll wait till 5:45.

Once we get a bit north we should get out of the traffic. I just want to do clinton road and rt 106 there and back. Should be done no later than 7:30 or so.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 07-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
RAC
Back It In

I missed out on yesterday due to a prior engagement and would like to join today, I'm not sure if I'm up to par for the riding you want to do though.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

you know your own ability and the pace that you ride at so you need to be your own judge.

I don't go that fast (well..what I consider fast) but I don't go slow either. The two sections I want to do today are both long roads and no matter who I ride with I end up waiting up at the end for a bit. So it's your call.

I can maybe stretch things to a 6pm departure. I just want to get back while its still light out. My 600RR has piaa lights on it of which one is burned out at the moment and is replaced with a small weak-ass yellow driving light.
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 07-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

actually, I just talked to one of my friends...I think we are going to ride up towards vernon to this limestone quarry with a big lake. You can cliff jump up there into this crystal clear quarry. Should be a lot of fun. Going to throw some shorts and a towel into my bag and go huck myself off a big rock. Yee haw.

let me know if anyone wants to go. We're still slightly up in the air about it but it sounds good to me. I'm just waiting on him since I don't know exactly where it is.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
sonny
Craigslist Champion

i'll be there, in spirit.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

We got up to the quarry and it was down about 4 ft from normal but was still pretty deep. I jump in and I hear "cops". My friends grab my clothes and I swim for shore opposite the cliff I just jumped off of. Turned out to be a false alarm. The cop was just turning around near the quarry entrance. But I was worried he would see my car parked in the woods. LOL. I can't wait to go back up there and bring my scuba gear with me. I just hope I don't have to go running out of there with that stuff. I didn't get a chance to take any photos. I was going to get some video of me doing some flips or a gainer but didn't get that far. Next time I'll try. And I'm going to try to bring the bmx bike with me too.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

sounds like you had fun, but I thought you were going to ride there!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
RAC
Back It In

I went by the DD 530 and again at 550 saw no one.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Sorry. I didn't get any responses on here before I left and we ended up just taking my car since we didn't have a lot of time. And it was 103 when I left.