Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

penguin
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
opinion914
White Group Rulez!

Default penguin

so i have this tasty opportunity presented to me. Guy in New Hampshire i know is offering me his 748R to do the Penguin School at Louden, Whos done this class, seems like a no brainer since i wont have to hump my 749 up there, cant imagine i'll be that quick, 1st time on that track 1st time on that bike but hmmmm, sounds fun none-the less.

http://www.penguinracing.com/

Last edited by opinion914; 08-30-2007 at 08:33 AM..

Old 08-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion914 View Post
so i have this tasty opportunity presented to me. Guy in New Hampshire i know is offering me his 748R to do the Penguin School at Louden, Whos done this class, seems like a no brainer since i wont have to hump my 749 up there, cant imagine i'll be that quick, 1st time on that track 1st time on that bike but hmmmm, sounds fun none-the less.

http://www.penguinracing.com/

I took the Penguin school back in 1995 and it was a good class. But make no mistake, this is a class for you to get your roadracing license and really nothing else. The class covers flags, starting procedures, correct lines and track etiquette. The on track sessions more or less show you the lines arounf NHIS. At some points in the on track sessions, you stop in some corners and watch the advanced group ride (so you get a real time idea on the lines). Once the school is over, there is an open practice from 2 or 3 until around 6. You'll get some good track time but it's not really like a TPM or NESBA track day.....just about everybody is there trying to get their racing license.

Good luck and enjoy it.

njracer

Old 08-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
opinion914
White Group Rulez!

Thanks NJ,

You're the one that got me started on the trackday kick about 6 years ago, We were on a Gixxer.com ride w/ BMF, ChrisC, RidinNY, the rest i forget but yeah, this is all your fault.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion914 View Post
this is all your fault.
LOL, same here...took me to Summit, guys from Louden were hosting a day at Summit back in '03... I still remember the riders meeting where the guy kept saying, "If you find yourself doing [enter stupid mistake here]...you just screwed the pooch." Rest is all history.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
LOL, same here...took me to Summit, guys from Louden were hosting a day at Summit back in '03... I still remember the riders meeting where the guy kept saying, "If you find yourself doing [enter stupid mistake here]...you just screwed the pooch." Rest is all history.
Yes I remember.....I also remember you trying to taste the kitty litter in T1 I think in the 1st session. And if I remember correctly, you did taste it that day and then you went and busted the kick starter on da chappy (it's still fugged up and parts are almost impossible to find.....so I think I'm gonna have to kick your new bike over for the hell of it ).

Old 08-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer View Post
Yes I remember.....I also remember you trying to taste the kitty litter in T1 I think in the 1st session. And if I remember correctly, you did taste it that day and then you went and busted the kick starter on da chappy (it's still fugged up and parts are almost impossible to find.....so I think I'm gonna have to kick your new bike over for the hell of it ).
Naa...that day was uneventful...I didn't test the kitty litter until my 2nd TD w/NESBA...1st session, 6th lap

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.