Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 06-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #16
SPRHK
Throttle Lock

It never ceases to amaze me. All the stolen recoveries I ever see are destroyed. These stupid fuckers are smart enough to steal a bike and get away with it, but they dont know how to ride the fucking things..........

ROADRASH IS LIKE A STD, YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT IF YOU WORE PROTECTION !
Saxon's "little" big brother,older,wiser, FASTER
CycleMadness Motorcycle Repair
Belvidere NJ (908)475-2332
Mon-Wed 7pm-10pm Sat. 9am-5pm

Jesus may love you, but I think you're a cunt!

Old 06-15-2007, 03:34 AM   #17
Duff750
Short Shifter

Send a message via Skype™ to Duff750

Well I got a call from a buddy of mine that works at one of the local bike shops this morning. He was freaking out saying he had that bike in his shop for about a month after it was wrecked, and knows the guy quite well that wrecked it. He didn't know how long the guy had the bike, but he said he bought it for his girlfriend, then broke up with her so he was going to give it to his son...After he wrecked it, he sold it to the guy that ended up finding out it was stolen...then calls our insurance company and tried to pay them for the title to it so he wouldn't be out of his $1500. Supposedly the guy who had it and wrecked it had no idea it was stolen...which kinda makes sense because he's one of those underwater welders that is only home in Oklahoma for 4 weeks out of the year at the most...but it still seems fishy.

We're beginning to put some things together though and think we have an idea of who stole it initially though. We were out of town when it was stolen, and from what the cops said it looked like someone that knew us is who stole it....well before I met my wife she had let a friend of hers borrow her bike for a couple of days. He wrecked his own bike a couple of weeks before her bike was stolen...he had a 2006 GSXR 750 in the blue/white scheme...He just HAPPENED to come up with some brand new mint plastics for his bike and got a killer deal on them. The tank that's on HER bike right now has a decal on it...the 2006 GSXR 600 tank was solid blue, the 2006 GSXR 750 tank has a decal on it. The center piece of the tail section on HER bike is now black....the center piece of a 2006 GSXR 600 is blue, and the 750 is black.... We looked at his myspace page... his 2006 GSXR 750 now has a solid blue tank, and a blue center piece in the tail section. After she had claimed her bike stolen, got the money and bought her black/maroon 06 GSXR 750, she bought it used and it didn't have a seat cowl, just a passenger seat....he just so happened to have a spare seat cowl that used to be blue that he had painted black...and just gave it to her because he didn't need it. And the final kicker, the key cylinder had NO signs of being tampered with, and the security torx bit screw that holds the key cylinder in has no signs of wear from being touched by a driver of any type. Looks to me like it's the original key cylinder in the bike...which tells me this guy went and had a key cut for her bike...knew when we were going to be out of town...and off he went just riding down the street on his brand new stolen GSXR 600

Old 06-15-2007, 03:47 AM   #18
fire83tug
Short Shifter

With friends like that, who needs enemies. That guy sucks the BIG fat one. When you gonna give us his anme and address so we can destroy his life for you. At a minimum we want his mySpace address. What a scum bag!

Old 06-15-2007, 04:25 AM   #19
Duff750
Short Shifter

Send a message via Skype™ to Duff750

I want the cops to get involved with it before I go handing out names. He can sue our asses into the ground if we hand out his name and it ended up not being him at all. It's hard to believe that it wouldn't be him though, the way everything's fitting together

Old 06-15-2007, 07:40 AM   #20
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Well hopefully you get all the facts before you go looking for street justice on this guy. But that goes to show you that you really can't trust anyone. Including so called friends.

Either way i hope the thief gets it in the ass when everything is said and done.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #21
Lucky7
Tank Slapper

Fucking bike thieves must die.

"Footpeg, knee-puck and side tire wear tell how deeply the devotee partakes of our cult sacraments: the scuffs, scrapes and feathered side rubber from conquered forces, or the fractured plastic of triumphant ones, are worn proudly up and down our two-lane tabernacles as proof of personal enlightenment."

Keith Code

Old 06-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #22
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Let the cops do their thing, sounds like you have the right guy. I did notice that the ignition was intact from the pictures....too many thieves in the world.

Glad you got it back, albeit in shitty condition. Amazing just how many idiots will buy bikes with no paperwork. I used to have a Captain who said that everyone has a little larceny in their hearts...
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 06-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #23
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

You should buy your "friend" a gift for being such a champ.

WTF?

Several short, sharp kicks in the nuts followed by prison might work as a gift, I don't know, he may not like them but that's just my suggestion.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #24
Bugatti
Learner's Permit

When my TLR was recovered I just got a form from the Police in the mail saying where and what condition it was in and if I wanted it back I'd have to go through many hoops or choose to ignore it and that would be the end.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
SuperHawkNJ
Learner's Permit

I had my Honda Super Hawk (VTR1000) stolen on mischef night. I go out to a lodge meeting and come home and it was gone and still haven't recovered it. I guess thats what i get for living in Gloucester City.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #26
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue

Glad you got it back.. Hopefully things will work out as best they can. Being honest... I hope the thief is hung by his nuts. tho.

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion

Old 03-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #27