Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Michael Vick Indictment
Old 07-19-2007, 02:33 AM   #1
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Default Michael Vick Indictment

As someone who has made a habit of rescuing dogs this makes my blood boil. I hope all those involved die a truly horrific and painful death.

Quote:
Four Individuals Indicted in Virginia Dog Fighting Venture

(Richmond, Virginia) - Purnell Peace, age 35, of Virginia Beach, Virginia; Quanis
Phillips, age 28, of Atlanta, Georgia; Tony Taylor, age 34, of Hampton, Virginia; and Michael
Vick, age 27, of Atlanta, Georgia, were indicted today by a federal grand jury for conspiracy to
travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities (“Travel Act”), and to sponsor a dog in
an animal fighting venture, in violation of federal law. Chuck Rosenberg, United States
Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, and Brian L. Haaser, Special Agent-in-Charge, U.S.
Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General, Northeast Region, made the
announcement.

If convicted on the Travel Act portion of the conspiracy charge, each defendant faces a
statutory maximum of five years in prison, a $250,000 fine, and full restitution. If convicted on
the animal fighting venture portion of the conspiracy charge, each defendant faces one year in
prison, a $100,000 fine, or both. The indictment also includes a forfeiture allegation seeking
recovery of any property constituting, or derived from, proceeds obtained directly or indirectly as
a result of these offenses.

According to the indictment, the defendants were involved in an ongoing animal fighting
venture based out of a property located in Smithfield, Virginia, from early 2001 through on or
about April 25, 2007. The property was purchased by Vick in June 2001. Since that time, the
named defendants formed a dog fighting enterprise known as “Bad Newz Kennels” and used the
property for housing and training pit bulls used in dog fights. From at least 2002, the defendants
and others sponsored dog fights at the property, where participants and dogs traveled from South
Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, New York, Texas, Alabama, and other states to participate.
Generally, only those accompanying the opposing kennels and “Bad Newz Kennels’” associates
attended the fights. For a particular dog fight, the participants would establish a purse for the
winning side, ranging from the hundreds to thousands of dollars. Participants and spectators
would also place side-bets on the fight. The dog fight would last until the death or surrender of
the losing dog. At the end of the fight, the losing dog was sometimes put to death by drowning,
hanging, gunshot, electrocution, or another method.

The indictment also alleges that the defendants participated in dog fights at locations
other than the property in Smithfield. For these events, various members of “Bad Newz
Kennels” would travel to other parts of Virginia and across state lines to participate in dog fights
at other venues. The indictment alleges that the defendants and the “Bad Newz Kennels” dogs
participated in dog fights in North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey, and
elsewhere in Virginia.

The indictment also includes allegations about the defendants “testing” the pit bulls in
their inventory, to determine if particular dogs were good fighters. Sometimes, the dogs deemed
not to be good fighters were be put to death. In the summer of 2002, at various times, Peace,
Phillips, Taylor, and Vick performed “testing” sessions at the property in Smithfield. Following
some of these sessions, the dogs that did not perform well were put to death by Peace, Phillips,
or Taylor. Further, in April 2007, an additional “testing” session was performed by Peace,
Phillips, and Vick. Following that session, the indictment alleges that approximately eight dogs
were put to death by hanging, drowning, and/or slamming at least one dog’s body to the ground.

The investigation has been a cooperative effort involving, among other agencies, the
United States Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General; Virginia State Police; and
the Surry County Sheriff’s Office. Assistant United States Attorneys Michael Gill and Brian
Whisler are prosecuting the case on behalf of the United States. The federal investigation into
the defendants’ criminal conduct is continuing.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

All he is, is a thug and scumbag with some athletic ability. Fuck em. Take solace in the fact that he's up against federal prosecutors in federal court. He's prob. not going to get off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #3
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117

Let him be eaten alive by a pack of starving pitbulls

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
xstortion
Late Apex

Send a message via AIM to xstortion

Won't matter because he will get off because he has mad money

Old 07-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
All he is, is a thug and scumbag with some athletic ability. Fuck em. Take solace in the fact that he's up against federal prosecutors in federal court. He's prob. not going to get off.
Some intresting articles in the papers on how the NFL hasnt suspended him yet since he is a marquee player and brings in a lot of cash yet lower teir playes like pacman and chris henry got suspended rather quickly. Sound slike he will get hammered on this one and can kiss his career goodbye, even though nike still plans to release something with his name. I am sure the baclash for that will be prety severe too.

Look at his brother too hes a 2 bit thug who blew his chance at the NFL too so it obviously runs in the family.

Tom

Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
Won't matter because he will get off because he has mad money
Go look up how many cases federal prosecutors have lost.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Some intresting articles in the papers on how the NFL hasnt suspended him yet since he is a marquee player and brings in a lot of cash yet lower teir playes like pacman and chris henry got suspended rather quickly. Sound slike he will get hammered on this one and can kiss his career goodbye, even though nike still plans to release something with his name. I am sure the baclash for that will be prety severe too.

Look at his brother too hes a 2 bit thug who blew his chance at the NFL too so it obviously runs in the family.

Tom
Pacman and chris henry were repeat offenders. I think they said pacman was linked to like 10 different incidents. I think that is grounds for a suspension more then Vick as much as it pains me to admit it. You ARE innocent until proven guilty.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
Mike295
sponge mike square pants

vick is the most overrated player in the nfl.

I cant stand him and how espn always makes this guy out to be the best thing ever. He is one of the main reasons i cant stand espn.
Quote:
[Today 09:17 AM] Cakes206: Miss one comma, all of a sudden become gay lmao
Quote:
[Today 12:54 PM] Ant: omg it made me want to be illiterate

Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
Redlinerider
Dan the Man

Location: where you get pulled over just cause you own a bike..

too long to read, but fuck him, hope they lock him up for a while...

Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Pacman and chris henry were repeat offenders. I think they said pacman was linked to like 10 different incidents. I think that is grounds for a suspension more then Vick as much as it pains me to admit it. You ARE innocent until proven guilty.
I am not sure if pacman was ever convicted of anything yet or just arrested a bunch of times. I know Henry and tank johnson were convicted.

If this was one of us that was indicted I am sure our employers may look to get rid of us even before a conviction. Seems a lot of the sportswriters are calling for a suspension even though he wasnt convicted.

Tom

Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #11
Mike295
sponge mike square pants

dude the dog thing is terrible horrible,.. but that aside... they where betting on the dogs which in itself is against the law
Quote:
[Today 09:17 AM] Cakes206: Miss one comma, all of a sudden become gay lmao
Quote:
[Today 12:54 PM] Ant: omg it made me want to be illiterate

Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike295 View Post
dude the dog thing is terrible horrible,.. but that aside... they where betting on the dogs which in itself is against the law
Good point, the gambling aspect may hurt him with the league but I think that this occured over state lines is what the biggest charge will be.

On a side how bad does it look trading mat schaub now

Tom

Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #13
xstortion
Late Apex

Send a message via AIM to xstortion

Quote:
Go look up how many cases federal prosecutors have lost.
Couldn't find any stats but I am assuming they don't lose to many

Old 07-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #14
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
Couldn't find any stats but I am assuming they don't lose to many
No, they don't. lol You know how big a hardass Guliani is? Guess what he used to do? That's right, Federal Prosecuter. He brought down the Miliken / Boesky gang in the savings and loan scandal.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #15
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

vick is kaka... period.. he can throw far thats abotu it.. he has more rushign yards per game then the running back and thorws liek 150 yards.. he sucks aas a QB.. if they relaly did that with the dogs i hope they get what is comming ot all of them