Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 06-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

cops on sport bikes = a lot less eluding.

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #17
ezpunkx
Short Shifter

biker should definitly be charged... maybe idiots like him will think twice about running

Old 06-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #18
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpunkx View Post
biker should definitly be charged... maybe idiots like him will think twice about running
Exactly, without offering someone up to the sacrifice, the next guy is going to say, "oh crap, I'll run too, the worst that could possibly happen is I'll get an extra ticket for eluding the officer. Whoop-dee doo!"

It's people who run that make the cops do stupid shit to try to catch them knowing that a straight pursuit just won't work.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 06-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #19
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retom7 View Post

It's people who run that make the cops do stupid shit to try to catch them knowing that a straight pursuit just won't work.
Thank you. All I want is for people to realize this cop was no quick thinker. "Stupid shit", as you put it, shouldn't go unnoticed by superiors on any police force. Nor should the stupid shit the biker did, but lets split blame evenly and fairly, according to who actually caused what.

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED

Old 06-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #20
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?nav=hcmodule

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED

Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #21
Mack
Washes njf4i's Back With a Pink Loofa

Send a message via AIM to Mack

this says it all:

"The department's pursuit policy says officers can engage in high-speed chases only if there is probable cause that the suspect was involved in the use of force or was involved in a hit-and-run accident that resulted in death or serious injury. The policy states that an officer's primary concern should be the preservation of life and that apprehending or identifying the suspect is secondary to safety."

yeah the biker was at fault for running but the officer is just at as much fault for actually chasing....I mean hell if I set up my drillers on a drilling location and nailsx a gas or water line it's my fault even though I called in a mark out to all the utility companies. The cop needs to take responcibility to being an ASS on the job. People that say the cop shouldn't be blamed is just giving the asshole cops on the road even more power over the average citizen. The moto is to PROTECT AND SERVE....tell me how chasing a bike for speeding is protecting anyone...if the bike wrecks most likely the rider will die not anyone in a vehicle. FUCK THE POLICE.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #22
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Cop should have terminated the chase, rider shouldn't have ran. Both at fault. Rider should face more penalties than the officer since he intiated the pursuit.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #23
MatthewC
Learner's Permit

The police are not allowed to kill innocent people in a bank robbery and they shouldnt be allowed to kill innocent people in a bike chase either. If you take the cop out of the equation no one would have died, so i think it is the cops fault.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #24
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
If you take the cop out of the equation no one would have died, so i think it is the cops fault.

True but the biker is the one who started the chain of events the moment he/she decided to run.

BTW, we don't know how long the chase was (could have been a minute or two) and from what I've heard on other boards, the biker caused the suv to swerve and the police car collected it and everything went real bad after that.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #25
ezpunkx
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
The police are not allowed to kill innocent people in a bank robbery and they shouldnt be allowed to kill innocent people in a bike chase either. If you take the cop out of the equation no one would have died, so i think it is the cops fault.

what kind of drugs are you on... that is some ridiculous logic.

if you want to look at it that way how about....

if you take the biker out of the equation no one would have died either. AND the biker is the one who INITIATED IT... because he was doing something ILLEGAL.. so... 100% the bikers fault.

people should be held responsible for their actions...

Old 06-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #26
BurnCycle
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to BurnCycle

Lots of conclusion jumping going on here... Like the biker even knowing he was being pursued by an officer in the first place.

If you haven't been reading up on this (the link above) the police and not even confirming a pursuit... "But Thursday and yesterday, police said they could not confirm a police chase. "We're not even calling it a pursuit," said Lt. April Delabrer of the public information office."

Right now that department in under a lot of heat for the actions taken by the officer that day. If it was a clear case of wrong doing on the riders part then more would be known... But all we have is speculation, a rider that hasn't been identified, questionable police actions and 2 lost lives.

Granted, if the biker wasn't speeding in the first place then none of this would have taken place... The flip side is that is an area where traffic routinely flows at 75-80mph, why was he being singled out for something the police have never been able to control in that area in the first place.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction… and sometimes a scar.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #27
MatthewC
Learner's Permit

If the biker caused a car to swerve i can see how it is his/her fault, but my understanding was that the biker was cutting through traffic and the cop tried the squeeze in where he didnt have room.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #28
PSYCHO1000R
SPF 15

Send a message via AIM to PSYCHO1000R Send a message via Yahoo to PSYCHO1000R

you guys bitch and whine about the police and talk like tough guys, but the second you need them, you'll be crying like a little bitch for the po-po. when all else fails, its always the cops fault i guess, so is the state of our country.. deflect blame, never take personal responsiblity, bunch of whiney bitches. stop braking the fucking law and we wouldnt have these problems.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #29
jnicosia
Learner's Permit

never had any problems with cops infact I pulled over after a nj trooper clocked me doing 145 in a 55 zone in chattsworth(sj huge forrested area) he was cool about it and let me off with a 61 in a 55. 2 pt tik I thanked him and drove off. I didn't even have to explain he knew why I was back there I was running my bike to what it's made for. he told me to stick with a race track.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #30
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000R View Post
you guys bitch and whine about the police and talk like tough guys, but the second you need them, you'll be crying like a little bitch for the po-po. when all else fails, its always the cops fault i guess, so is the state of our country.. deflect blame, never take personal responsiblity, bunch of whiney bitches. stop braking the fucking law and we wouldnt have these problems.

Seriously, grow the fuck up people.

I've only ever had two tickets my whole life, both were my fault.