Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Got Gear?
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Got Gear Bag?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
SlowSteve
Learner's Permit

Send a message via Yahoo to SlowSteve
Default Got Gear Bag?

Cycle Gear had this on sale/closeout last week. Not bad for $30. It seems to be made well enough.....

I had this stuff in it in the 1st photo and have room for lots more......
GS750C.....welded crank pins, Yoshimura 845cc 10.5:1 piston kit, Stage 1 cams, HD Tsubaki cam chain, manual CCT, Manley SST valves, Yoshimura kit springs and retainers w/collets, 5 angle seats, ports cleaned and matched, Mikuni 29mm smoothbores w/velocity stacks, Yoshimura hand bent race pipe, Martek electronic ignition, Barnett clutch and heavy duty springs, Lockhart oil cooler, D.I.D. aluminum rims w/8 guage SST spokes, Fox shocks, 10w fork oil w/spring spacers, Ferodo brake pads, fork brace, Kal-Gard Gun Kote, Piranha fiberglass1/4 fairing

Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Lazarus
Burnout

You fit all of that in the bag? No room for helmet?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
RCM78
Tech Nazi

I use a Nike hockey bag. Has plenty of room for all my gear and a seperate compartment that my helmetbag fits in...
TPM Coach #71

Old 12-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Very cool for $30 especially.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Nice pick up. I looked at them the other day when I was at CG. My only complaint would be the lack of helmet storage. I was fortunate enough to get an RS Tachi bag as a gift last year.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
SlowSteve
Learner's Permit

They don't play hockey down my way, so I was out on that option.

I repacked all the stuff WITH a helmet too, though it is not in a separate storage area specifically for a helmet. There is still room for some other things if needed.

That RS Taichi bag looks real nice, how much was it? Got wheels and everything....
GS750C.....welded crank pins, Yoshimura 845cc 10.5:1 piston kit, Stage 1 cams, HD Tsubaki cam chain, manual CCT, Manley SST valves, Yoshimura kit springs and retainers w/collets, 5 angle seats, ports cleaned and matched, Mikuni 29mm smoothbores w/velocity stacks, Yoshimura hand bent race pipe, Martek electronic ignition, Barnett clutch and heavy duty springs, Lockhart oil cooler, D.I.D. aluminum rims w/8 guage SST spokes, Fox shocks, 10w fork oil w/spring spacers, Ferodo brake pads, fork brace, Kal-Gard Gun Kote, Piranha fiberglass1/4 fairing

Old 12-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
SlowSteve
Learner's Permit

I found the RS Taichi bag @ Moto Liberty for $159.95
Reading more it sounds like a really good piece. Holds 97 liters.

The Trackside bag @ Cycle Gear is $59.99 now. Holds 140 liters.

All this talk about liters has made me thirsty

Old 12-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

I have the Ogio 9900. Its pretty cool and holds a crap load of gear. Two sets of leathers, two pair of boots, two pair of gloves, helmet, back protector. Also has a few zipper compartments on the outside for odds and ends.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
SlowSteve
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes206 View Post
I have the Ogio 9900. Its pretty cool and holds a crap load of gear. Two sets of leathers, two pair of boots, two pair of gloves, helmet, back protector. Also has a few zipper compartments on the outside for odds and ends.
That S.L.E.D. design is a cool set up, Cakes!

What kinda rubber is that?

Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #10
Lazarus
Burnout

I will wait for that CG bag to go back on sale. It should eventually. I'm surprised it wasnt in the last circular I got.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
SlowSteve
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I will wait for that CG bag to go back on sale. It should eventually. I'm surprised it wasnt in the last circular I got.
CG has the FOX Shuttle on for $111.99 right now. It holds 142 L! Oh yeah, that trackside bag is normally $79.99.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
Lazarus
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSteve View Post
CG has the FOX Shuttle on for $111.99 right now. It holds 142 L! Oh yeah, that trackside bag is normally $79.99.
I don't need to spend $100 on a bag, I dont want to spend $50 on a bag. I'll wait until its back down to $30.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
SlowSteve
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I don't need to spend $100 on a bag, I dont want to spend $50 on a bag. I'll wait until its back down to $30.
I hear you......best of luck on finding a bag for less than $50.

Maybe you should think about getting the Trackside bag @ Cycle Gear while it is still on sale for $59.99....the regular price is $79.99. If they lower the price in a few weeks/months see if they will give you a refund on the difference. Lots of places do that if they put somethnig on sale within a few weeks of paying a higher price.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
Lazarus
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSteve View Post
I hear you......best of luck on finding a bag for less than $50.

Maybe you should think about getting the Trackside bag @ Cycle Gear while it is still on sale for $59.99....the regular price is $79.99. If they lower the price in a few weeks/months see if they will give you a refund on the difference. Lots of places do that if they put somethnig on sale within a few weeks of paying a higher price.
Nah I'll wait. They will go on sale again.