Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > On The Dyno
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

dyno sweep
Old 08-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa
Default dyno sweep

since this section hasn't been touched in a while I figured I would contribute...

Here's my most recent dyno run, all motor. It would make more power but it's tuned very fat for high heat, >200mph ram air effects. Runs like a champ all day long and this is on pump gas... no dyno queen here

thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Old 08-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
kneedragger
Squid

damn! you really need more than 215 rwhp?? that things gotta be a killer!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
GinoE
Brain Close Behind

Send a message via AIM to GinoE

ha! why dyno a suzuki gs500f?

TRACK DISTANCES

Old 08-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
kneedragger
Squid

thats the dyno of a modded 500??

Old 08-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

please my electric wheelhair makes more HP than that

Old 08-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
skid vicious
Burnout

nice numbers! what do ya think you'll hit when you go down to maxton?
how much is walts bike pushing now?

Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

My goal is to set a record. The last even I ran 207.5 against the record of 207.8! We got rained out so I wasn't able to improve/beat that record. (that's racing)

I'm looking to hit 210. I'm still doodling around with gearing and everything though. It all depends on the air quality for the up coming race. If I can get to 210 then I might spray and see where that brings me. We'll see...

Ghetto King was pushing a solid 280hp or so with 12lbs. When you rode with him he was on at 8lbs/ say 240hp. He sold the turbo kit though and is getting a small version of the ultra kit with 2 or 3 stages of boost. He should end up just north of 400hp if all goes well. He's coming to the next race too so hopefully he has a chance at throwing down some good numbers. He's just got to get used to riding the freakin' monster! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid vicious
nice numbers! what do ya think you'll hit when you go down to maxton? I'll let cha know after september 23-24...

how much is walts bike pushing now?
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot

Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
skid vicious
Burnout

that bike was a monster when i rode with him. 400 hp might take some gettin used to. whats he lookin to hit 230? he must have some serious work done to that bike. pistons, injectors, cooler, i'm assuming he's going to run on race fuel now too.
i'd like to come down and check things out, but i'm still not sure if i'm going to make it. it would be a hell of a weekend though. 9 hrs one way, races on sat and sun. go back on monday. super streetbike crowd gonna be there too? that might gum things up for the real racers...
you gotta start taking pics and video.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #9
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

you should try and make it down. yea it's gonna be tough to get some good runs in with the expected crowds. It'll still be fun though! we'll head down friday and leave sunday right after the races. Sunday is normaly a short day anyhow till 3pm no later. pictures... video... lol! last event I brought my camera and never had any time to take pics... I gave my son the video camera once and we ended up with hours of him eating fritos, rumaging through the van for other snacks, walking around the pit areas, and that's about it! lol he didn't realize he had the camera on record the whole time! lol

GK has now been doing alot of upgrades to prevent the thing from exploding! pistons, rods, big bolts, secondary injectors, standalone fuel system, etc... As far as the speed he wants... it's tough to keep him within a goal. Either it's set to the moon or it's always more... how many people do you know who are on their second turbo kit in less than one year! lol it'll be fun to see how things go though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid vicious
that bike was a monster when i rode with him. 400 hp might take some gettin used to. whats he lookin to hit 230? he must have some serious work done to that bike. pistons, injectors, cooler, i'm assuming he's going to run on race fuel now too.
i'd like to come down and check things out, but i'm still not sure if i'm going to make it. it would be a hell of a weekend though. 9 hrs one way, races on sat and sun. go back on monday. super streetbike crowd gonna be there too? that might gum things up for the real racers...
you gotta start taking pics and video.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #10
skid vicious
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commuta_Busa
you should try and make it down. yea it's gonna be tough to get some good runs in with the expected crowds. It'll still be fun though! we'll head down friday and leave sunday right after the races. Sunday is normaly a short day anyhow till 3pm no later. pictures... video... lol! last event I brought my camera and never had any time to take pics... I gave my son the video camera once and we ended up with hours of him eating fritos, rumaging through the van for other snacks, walking around the pit areas, and that's about it! lol he didn't realize he had the camera on record the whole time! lol

GK has now been doing alot of upgrades to prevent the thing from exploding! pistons, rods, big bolts, secondary injectors, standalone fuel system, etc... As far as the speed he wants... it's tough to keep him within a goal. Either it's set to the moon or it's always more... how many people do you know who are on their second turbo kit in less than one year! lol it'll be fun to see how things go though.
thats classic! eating fritos. LMAO. thats ok, my last trip to san fran i used my buddies camera to take pics of the sites. alcatraz, the city, the wharf. towards the end of the day i wondered just how many pics were left cause i took an awful lot. got back to his place and realized there was no film in the camera
i guess you and walt will be trailering the bikes. i'd probably ride down. if i do go, i'd like to do a run. maybe the closest to 150 with the SS crowd. but i would have to get my bike up to tech, and buy a leather jacket and pants. then, i would have to find a campsite and rough it. not a big deal, but that is a lot of riding over the weekend.
looks like the LSR bug bit GK pretty hard. is he doing all the work himself or is a shop doing it. sounds like a pretty big job. 2 kits in one year. theres some big $$ invested in that thing.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #11
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

ya' gotta love the camera snapfoo's! lmao!!

Yea, he's got a small open trailer that'll fit two bikes just barely. Last time we rented a big uhaul inclosed trailer and his caravan almost puked a lung from trying to pull that monster. I've ridden down to Maxton before. Two up, with saddle bags! It's a pretty long very boring ride! You can camp at the airport. You wouldn't be the only one either. There are more than a few that do that and there are even a few motorhomes. The problem is there's no "facilities" only a johny on the spot.

For tech your biggest hurdles are really safety wirring (can be banged out in a day), water vs anti-freeze, and helmet w/specific snell, gloves, leathers, and boots. (I think for the <200 you might get away with work boots but I'm not sure. It's then all of the paper work that you have to go through too. You have to be an ECTA member (fee) and Entry fee. Both of these can be done in advanced. The other major thing they'll look at are your tires. They've got to be in good shape.

The LSR bug bit him bad and it's mostly my fault! lol At least that's who we blam when his wife gets pissed. TMH is going to do the turbo instal and tunning but I'm sure once that's done it's still spend a week or so on the dyno again for some additional fine tunning. He's shooting for a record too but for the blown guys it's around 225! I hostly don't think he'll get it. It's more of a seat time over anything else. The bike has more than enough power to over come the aero's he just needs to get it down on the track! I would like to see him end the weekend at 215-220 range though.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:55 AM   #12
skid vicious
Burnout

i guess you took 95 all the way down? i'm toying with the idea of stopping at my buds place in virginia beach, draggin him down for the day and then cruising back on up saturday. he's got an SV650 that he don't ride so much. maybe this will get him out. i kind of figured a whole bunch of people would be tentin it. the airport would be nice but ya can't beat a good shower in the morning. KOA's are usually pretty good.
the tech is the big hurdle for me. leathers, boots, new helmet, gloves etc. thats a little bit of $$. not that it's impossible, but i had plans to get rid of some if not all of my credit card debt this year. not much left, but it's still friggin annoying to be paying off something i bought a year ago.
GK might be able to hit the record if he were able to get a few runs in, but like you said, you need seat time more than anything else. how long will he have the bike before he goes to maxton? he should do a few launches to get used to that HP at the very least.