Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Dealer - Vendor Experience
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

exoticsportbike.com *FINAL UPDATE*
Old 01-29-2007, 02:50 AM   #1
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7
Thumbs down exoticsportbike.com *FINAL UPDATE*

Waiting for exact opinion of company/service, but here's the deal to date. PS, if the price wasn't right, I would have ordered from RPM, I HATE mail order...

Anyway, I ordered a seat cover from Second Look Design, which is orange/black to match the bike. The quality is great except that there's a tattoo on the orange part... some sort of dark stain that went all the way through, so I want to get that replaced with a clean version.

Secondly, I ordered the Wolf Exhaust oval c/f slipon. The packaging was poor to say the least... the only wrapping the can had was a thin plastic bag with some crumpled paper on both sides and a piece of cardboard seperating it from the pipe. So, there are knicks and scratches all over it in the clear, otherwise the twill is really great looking. The pipe is also for a different bike completely, with two bends in it instead of the one bend like my stock exhaust. The mounting hardware in the envelope came with one clamp to fit around the can and mount to the rear set, and 4 bolts while I have no idea what for. It also has "GSXR B/O" written on the envelope, so I'm guessing I got the exhaust for a GSXR of some sort rather than my 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4.

So, I sent them an email with a full description of the problems and pictures of everything I mentioned, and I'm waiting to see how their customer support is before my final say on the company. Website mentions needing to request an RMA # online, but there is no link on the "click here" option, so I sent an email to customer support and a message to the customer support message box on the website. If I don't hear back tomorrow, I am going to call their 1-800 number and see what I can get.

Products took a while to receive (a full month before both items came), and the order status is very poorly designed, giving hardly any details. Just figured I would post my experience thus far here and reiterate how much more I like dealing with companies in person.

Ye Olde Myspace

Last edited by Retom7; 03-05-2007 at 09:17 PM..

Old 02-02-2007, 02:11 AM   #2
rpm cycle works
Banished

Smile

You should have came to us. We would have taken care of you!

Old 02-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm cycle works View Post
You should have came to us. We would have taken care of you!
Believe me, I truly would have, but their price was just unbeatable for that... if I knew the headache involved, it wouldn't have been worth it...

This is where I'm at. After contacting both customer service AND the site contact box, I finally had an RMA return/exchange request form emailed to me, filled it out, and faxed it to them. They have it in the paper work that I'm responsible for the shipping charges, which is a big no no since this had nothing to do with me, and now I have to wait until Monday to call their 800 number. I didn't hear anything back from them about the return request either. I'm guessing it's more of a case of a company that's too big for their own staffing's abilities.

Save yourself the hassle for now on and purchase through local dealers... RPM Cycle Works specifically.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 02-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Update: Still no contact back after faxing them the RMA requests. Slow customer service responses = bad business. I will be calling their 800 # tomorrow. If nothing else comes of it, stop payment is being placed and items will be shipped back to them. So far, they suck.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 02-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #5
Retom7
Tank Slapper

FINALLY! Called the number, first guy put me on hold and never came back. Called again, got some chick... she was AWESOME. Boxing the exhaust back up and shipping it to them and hopefully they will send the correct exhaust this time. As for the seat cover, they play 3rd party for the company, so I have to contact Second Look and get them to take care of it (which is retarted), and Second Look didn't answer the phone either time I called, but I get the impression they are a very small company, so I'll cut them a little slack on that end. Still not happy yet, but steps are now being taken, so that's a plus.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 02-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Second Look finally was reached... took three days because of terrible phone answering (no messaging service, website isn't functional either right now). They are taking care of the problem and making me a new seat cover. VERY helpful once we got ahold of them.

Exoticsportbikes... they still suck even if they are fixing the problem.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 02-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

I hate dealing with internet sales some times. I like to go to the actual place and see what I'm buying. Especially on moto parts....I hope everything works out for ya

Old 02-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
liquiddevil2000
Tank Slapper

dam that sucks bro...i am in the middle of buying a cowl for my 636 online and it was shipped within a day and it should be here on monday through ups..
lets see what it looks like on monday..lol
i'm ordering from www.58cycle.com

Old 02-09-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I hate dealing with internet sales some times. I like to go to the actual place and see what I'm buying. Especially on moto parts....I hope everything works out for ya
I am the same way. I really don't buy anything online. I've purchased a couple things just because of amazing savings, and luckily it's the winter, so waiting almost two months for parts isn't a huge deal and keeping me from riding or anything, but still, I like in person sales. Other than the set of tires I bought from another site (which is being shipped and should be here any day now), I will not buy something online again, except for parts and stuff from other people on here or other forums, that I'll still do.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 02-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
Retom7
Tank Slapper

2 months later... wrong mid-pipe, damaged can, TERRIBLE fucking customer service. They were supposed to send a label to send the exhaust back to their warehouse in NJ, but the label they made up was made out to send to "Kingston, Route 9W, Kingston NY 12XXX... so, my mom called up to get them to send the right label and was cursed out by an idiot that couldn't understand why they would send out a label like that, and if they had, why the package would be send back to us... probably because it's tough to send an entire city one package and there's a return address... fucking idiot.

So, he says, and I quote, "well, I didn't make the fucking label," and hung up on my mom when she asked if someone could give her a call back when they fixed the issue. So, she called back, got a girl, who's been courteous (too bad the rest of ExoticSportBikes.com is filled with asses), who is going to correct the issue and hopefully call my mother back tomorrow. It just sucks that I can't call about it since I don't pass off well as a Nancy.

Basically, it comes down to this... they are going to either give her a call back tomorrow or they are going to have a cancelled order first thing on wednesday. It's been 2 months and the wrong part hasn't even been shipped back to them because of their poor service. I had to deal with their vendor for the seat covers because they aren't capable of doing that either.

Rule of thumb... don't EVER deal with these scumbags.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 02-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
liquiddevil2000
Tank Slapper

i got my cowl in like 2 days later like i was supposed to and the cowl looks great!!!
the box it came from was stamped kawasaki so i guess it was legit!!!
sorry for your bad experience dude..

Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #12
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiddevil2000 View Post
i got my cowl in like 2 days later like i was supposed to and the cowl looks great!!!
the box it came from was stamped kawasaki so i guess it was legit!!!
sorry for your bad experience dude..
What pisses me off is how they are handling problems. Somehow it's up to me, according to their policy, to contact that maker of the seat cover, even though THEY are the dealer. It's also the fact that they never accept blame for any part of this, they blame other workers there for incorrect things, blame the shippers for the damaged products, the exhaust company for the wrong parts, and my mom for the problem with the return label. One thing I learned in customer service with the bank is to not blame others for mistakes made, even if it's not your own fault, apologize and work with the person to find some arrangement that will correct the problem and/or make the customer happy.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #13
shadoxkila
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to shadoxkila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
i feel that thought exactly, but the problem is, how many places do you know around here that can compete with most of the prices you find on the internet

Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 AM   #14
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoxkila View Post
i feel that thought exactly, but the problem is, how many places do you know around here that can compete with most of the prices you find on the internet
You're right about that, however, the headache I have from dealing with these people, I would pay money right now to see that go away. It's worth the extra cost just to make sure you have the right product and advice from peopel selling it.

Note on situation... order is being cancelled. The package sits in limbo. They are trying to ship it back to UPS saying UPS damaged it, while it was due to crappy packing that the can has blemishes (along with clear coat issues unrelated to shipping), and the midpipe was the wrong pipe, not a damaged one. So, they won't have the package shipped back to them, UPS won't take the blame because they didn't do anything, and it keeps getting sent back to my house. It's been over 2 months, no sign of them wanting to correct the issue, and I can't take the headache. Credit card has already sent the forms for cancellation of payment (though past the 30 days, since the company is not correcting the problem, it will be no problem). I will deal with Second Skins through RPM or someone when I want the seat cover, they've been nothing but helpful with it all, it's exoticsportbikes.com that's the problem.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 03-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #15
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Okay, so, persistant and annoying phone calling has resulted in them no longer taking our calls. They just put me on hold forever and don't come back. Order is being cancelled through credit card and they are going to get their products back so long as they come to my house and pick them up. Second Look seat covers is still sending me the cover since they have received payment, so that will also go back if they come to pick it up, but they SUCK. They wouldn't allow for us to ship the product directly to them, because they still wanted UPS to take responsibility for the damage, which they weren't going to do. So, instead of working that out with UPS themselves, once again, they make that my problem. They will never again see a dime from me and I hope this keeps others from using them.

They also cursed out my parents... AGAIN. Not really nice.

Ye Olde Myspace