Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 07-20-2006, 09:51 AM   #16
PSYCHO1000R
SPF 15

Send a message via AIM to PSYCHO1000R Send a message via Yahoo to PSYCHO1000R

just spray paint em, alot cheaper and look almost as good, thats what i did to me tiller

Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #17
SilverDragon
Veruca Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC
Here is a place in Bridgewater that does powder coating, chroming, and candy chroming. http://www.visualconceptsnj.com/home/home.htm
whew! That web site needs some work!

And Mark, is there anyone you don't know! Mr. Politician!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #18
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDragon
whew! That web site needs some work!

And Mark, is there anyone you don't know! Mr. Politician!

You mean "we"....there's always someone, somewhere that one of us knows. Gerard, wouldn't you like to be part of the popular crowd...LOL! j/k

Old 07-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #19
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Cool....yeah I am not in a rush and will probably hold off till the end of the season...good looking out....right now I just want to ride as much as i can once I get this cast off and just ride with the wheels like that for the rest of the season.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #20
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC
Here is a place in Bridgewater that does powder coating, chroming, and candy chroming. http://www.visualconceptsnj.com/home/home.htm
I've seen the black R6 with the flames and red chrome. Its at the Chatter Box all the time it is a beautiful bike. Craftmanship is awsome

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 07-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #21
RollingSuicide
Learner's Permit

Hey, I am a friend of Mark and Crystal.....I have been doing powder coating for a little while now. I am recently starting up a small business. Here is my website where you can see a few pics of some stuff Ive done.. www.urbancycleworks.com ... Dont mind the site as It is still way under construction but at least you can get an idea of some of the stuff Ive done thus far. You can get a hold of me on my cell at 856-392-3972 or PM me.....I usually get $350 for a set of wheels. This includes Mounting and balancing tires, removal and resitall of bearings and seals and of course the powder coating. Also very popular now id the levers, rear sets, and passenger pegs. Prices start at $175 for the set...let me know if interested.

"You gotta be fuckin kiddin me!"
"I am what I am; accept me for it and dont try to change me"

Last edited by RollingSuicide; 07-23-2006 at 10:52 AM..

Old 07-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #22
Mach1
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000R
just spray paint em, alot cheaper and look almost as good, thats what i did to me tiller
LMAO That's the big work their "ALMOST" and that's before it all chiped away...

This is my Bike, There are many like it, But this one is mine, My Bike is my Best Friend, It is my Life, I must master it as I must Master My Life, With out Me my Bike is Useless, With out my Bike I am Useless, I must Ride Better than the Idiots on the Road who are trying to Kill Me!, I must Pass Him before He Kills Me!, I WILL, Before God I Swear this Creed! SO BE IT!

Old 07-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #23
Mach1
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingSuicide
Hey, I am a friend of Mark and Crystal.....I have been doing powder coating for a little while now. I am recently starting up a small business. Here is my website where you can see a few pics of some stuff Ive done.. www.urbancycleworks.com ... Dont mind the site as It is still way under construction but at least you can get an idea of some of the stuff Ive done thus far. You can get a hold of me on my cell at 856-392-3972 or PM me.....I usually get $350 for a set of wheels. This includes Mounting and balancing tires, removal and resitall of bearings and seals and of course the powder coating. Also very popular now id the levers, rear sets, and passenger pegs. Prices start at $175 for the set...let me know if interested.
No doubt man, good work!

This is my Bike, There are many like it, But this one is mine, My Bike is my Best Friend, It is my Life, I must master it as I must Master My Life, With out Me my Bike is Useless, With out my Bike I am Useless, I must Ride Better than the Idiots on the Road who are trying to Kill Me!, I must Pass Him before He Kills Me!, I WILL, Before God I Swear this Creed! SO BE IT!

Old 07-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #24
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingSuicide
Cool I will let you know if and when I decide to go with powder coating...that R1 looks good. If I decide to go with powder coating I will more than likely just get the wheels & levers done. In any event it wont be till after the season is over...thanks for the info though.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #25
bikerguyzx12
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to bikerguyzx12 Send a message via Yahoo to bikerguyzx12

I DONT WANT TO BASH YOUR BUDDY (VISUAL CONCEPTS) BUT HE DID SOME REAL CRAPPY WORK FOR MY SHOP, HE DID COME THROUGH AND FIXED EVERYTHING HE DID WRONG BUT IT CAUSED ME TONS OF GRIEF WITH MY CUSTOMER AND AN EXTRA 2 WEEKS WORTH OF DOENTIME, NOT TO MENTION BAKED MY WHEELS WITH THE WHEEL BEARINGS IN THEM WHEN HE POWDERCOATED THEM SO NOW I HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER 45 BUCKS FOR NEW BEARINGS

Old 07-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #26
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerguyzx12
I DONT WANT TO BASH YOUR BUDDY (VISUAL CONCEPTS) BUT HE DID SOME REAL CRAPPY WORK FOR MY SHOP, HE DID COME THROUGH AND FIXED EVERYTHING HE DID WRONG BUT IT CAUSED ME TONS OF GRIEF WITH MY CUSTOMER AND AN EXTRA 2 WEEKS WORTH OF DOENTIME, NOT TO MENTION BAKED MY WHEELS WITH THE WHEEL BEARINGS IN THEM WHEN HE POWDERCOATED THEM SO NOW I HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER 45 BUCKS FOR NEW BEARINGS

I dont mean to bash him

That sucks!!! Aside for the mishaps, how was the final product/work?

Recommend, Good, Ok, Alright, Dont bother?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #27
bikerguyzx12
Short Shifter

destroyed my bearings and took 3 weeks to get back, fair job, not real good, my guy in west orange is much better and gets it back to me in a week, overall i would say poor

Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #28
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Quote:
destroyed my bearings and took 3 weeks to get back, fair job, not real good, my guy in west orange is much better and gets it back to me in a week, overall i would say poor

Damn....

Let the rolling suicide fix it....

Old 08-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #29
RAC
Back It In

Quote:
That's not my buddy. I've just seen some advertisement for the place, have never used them, and will think twice about using them after what you said.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #30
bikerguyzx12
Short Shifter

no, its crystal and marks buddy i think