Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Paddock Press
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Duhamel on D-200 pole AGAIN
Old 03-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Default Duhamel on D-200 pole AGAIN

Last min lap and brought home the Rolex.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Mar/sp2/070308g.htm
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Last edited by CBRBob; 03-08-2007 at 04:33 PM..

Old 03-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #2
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

AGAIN is right pal...he's still got it!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
lateapex
Skid Mark

That was great to watch.

Did anyone notice the low line Miguel took in the banking on that lap. The front tires must have been pushing the whole way around the banking. Then he does a wheelie on the banking too.
Team Pro-Motion Coach #929

"It's so much better goin' nowhere fast"

Stickers: See Chris at http://www.drippinwet.com

Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

He's a great rider but until he's racing the 200 against the top riders and top teams (SBK) they don't count IMO.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
He's a great rider but until he's racing the 200 against the top riders and top teams (SBK) they don't count IMO.
His stack of championships speak for themselves. He's past his prime and riding with numerous old injuries and still manages to do as well as he does. In his prime those guys probably couldn't touch him.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 03-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

Like I said, he's an awesome rider but he's not Mr. Daytona until he wins 5+ against the best teams and best riders.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Or the too good to be on a FX bike pusses get their dicks out of their purses and actually compete in that race.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:02 AM   #8
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

That too but they moved the "200" from SBK to FX, it's not like the pussies all got up and left. FX is a stupid formula anyway, it's basically honda cup until there's another manufacturer willing to race. Can't take anything away from Duhamel (although, I guess I am... he is Canadian), just don't think you can bestow that title on the guy, it's really not the same thing.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #9
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Well the main whiner, Mladin, was complaining about tires for years. Then he said he wouldnt race Daytona on his superbike. Fine, make smaller 'superbikes' and run the race. Nooooooooo, he won't ride a 600. Can't have it both ways! Call it what you will, the superstock has always been a suzuki-cup. How many years did no one but suz make a competitive 750? Kawi had one that was 80lbs too heavy. Yamahas cost $25K and Honda had the VFR. At least in FX, everyone makes a top level bike, 600, 750twin or even the umm, aBUELLbimation LOL!
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

Rob, I know you know more about this than me but I disagree that everyone makes a top level bike in FX. It's basically the Honda cup. Supersport (despite Hacking's effort) has been the Kawasaki cup for a little while and superbike has become the Suzuki cup too. Plenty of riders complain about tracks that are unsafe, I'm sure Mladin wasn't the only one. Heaven forbid that there's an accident involving the wall on the banking at Daytona but I dare say it wouldn't be pretty. He has a point. Lots of tracks get removed from the calendar due to safety over time (Spa, Suzuka, Laguna spent loads to stay) Daytona's banking is dangerous, and there's no way to fix it.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
Plenty of riders complain about tracks that are unsafe, I'm sure Mladin wasn't the only one. Heaven forbid that there's an accident involving the wall on the banking at Daytona but I dare say it wouldn't be pretty. He has a point. Lots of tracks get removed from the calendar due to safety over time (Spa, Suzuka, Laguna spent loads to stay) Daytona's banking is dangerous, and there's no way to fix it.
Duhamel never had an issue with the banking in SBK, neither should Mladin. Miguel's gone down hard on other sections of other tracks but that was his error, not the track's, and he never complained about it afterwards. To my knowledge there was never a serious incident on that bank due to track conditions, like any other track it's all about testing, bike setup, and knowing the proper lines to take before the race. Every track is dangerous simply due to the speed, we all know that, it just happens to be one of the most challenging sections of any track in the world, trying to run wide open throttle in top gear with the suspension fully compressed and massive heat buildup on the tire's left crown under extreme G's, it's not a matter of safety, more so talent in that arena.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 03-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #12
EvilSteve
I are not David Hicks

I agree with (most of) that Ron, my point is that there's a freaking wall right there if you do screw up, not to mention the fence above it. All the riders in the field go out there and race on this track, the point is that the combination of speed and the proximity to a *very* hard (not even air fenced) wall is what's extra dangerous about it. Everyone complained about Watkins Glen because of close walls, it's the same point. It's not about skill, it's about safety, the two are not mutually exclusive.