Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Group Rides
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

A good Saturday ride…
Old 09-19-2005, 09:56 AM   #1
BurnCycle
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to BurnCycle
Default A good Saturday ride…

I packed the bike into the trailer and headed out to pick up a friend so we could trailer down to Charlottesville (VA)… at 6am. We met up with a friend (Jay/Soulrider) and headed out toward the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had been going at a fairly good pace for a bit so it was a natural reaction to freak out when we saw the cop car blocking off traffic at an intersection… Turns out there was a mini-marathon going on and he was traffic control. We just waved and headed on.

Near the entrance to the parkway we met up with 2 more riders. One on a ZX9R and B. Myers on his TLS.

As the 5 of us headed out one of the first things we noticed was another marathon stand (start/finish line) the clock on the one was at the 4-hour mark. It was a 100k endurance race (on foot). We only saw a few of the runners but hope each one of them gets a full physiological exam because that’s just fork’n nutz.

The limit on the Parkway is a mild 45 and will the exception of a few sections we didn’t do much more than that. The Parkway was just a means to get to the roads we wanted to run anyway. Once off the Parkway the real fun began. Since this was B. Myers territory he took the lead. I wish I had my camcorder because watching Jay and Myers tear up those roads was amazing. It was like watching a TT in front of me. As we came back through the start/finish line (from the marathon) it was clicking off at the 10hr mark.

By the time we got back to Jay’s to load up the trailer we had done a good 300 miles. My legs hurt and I was a little dehydrated but loving every minute of it.

Just before the enterence to BRP...

Taking a break...

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction… and sometimes a scar.