Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 05-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #31
CuCullin
MCSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
I read that as Librarians.
Still better than the politicians we've got in there now

Old 05-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #32
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

I wear my seatbelt cause it keeps my ass on the seat, literally, there are turns where i take so quick that a seatbelt really is necessary to keep me in place sometimes. Also, when i totaled my car, my head would of been through the windshield if it wasn' for the seatbelt, and no, my airbags DIDN"T deploy because of where it was hit (go figure).

Laws are PASSED through humans who decide what is better for society itself, as a whole, not as an individual. If laws are ONLY passed if ALL humans agreed on it, then there won't be laws at all since there will ALWAYS be someone to argue that its unfair/unjustice.

P.S. IF YOU TRULY DON'T WANT TO WEAR A SEATBELT, THEN NEVER DRIVE A CAR AND JUST RIDE THE BIKE ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #33
CuCullin
MCSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
I wear my seatbelt cause it keeps my ass on the seat, literally, there are turns where i take so quick that a seatbelt really is necessary to keep me in place sometimes.
This isn't to seem a dick, but from experience and being on a hell of alot of scenes as an FF. Rethink how hard you're taking those turns, seatbelts and airbags only do so much to help - its the driving that has the most significant effect. And just because you're wearing a belt doesn't mean others are, and you'd be surprised how many people broke down after being in a serious accident and killing someone. Just something to think about.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #34
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
Any idiot can understand that living in a free country..means that the use the term very loosly...just cuz it's free don't mean you can rape a baby and get away with it...
easy Rev, maybe you should sit the next play out. nobody is talking about killing babies here and there is no such thing as a loose interpretation of the idea of living in a free country. WE LIVE IN ONE.period.

now i came back on this thread expecting the worse but i was surprised. its comforting to know that some people are actually thinking and agree that we're being fucked.

and to answer some of the points mentioned.
YEA i disagree with the helmet law for motorcycles too. what am i a friggin monkey? i cant determine for myself whether or not its a good idea to wear a helmet on a bike? listen, ive ridden in states w/o helmet laws and i ride here. i am more confident on the bike wearing a helmet. i would wear one with or without the law just as jen would wear a seatbelt whether it was law or not. but thats the my point, once the government starts TELLING you HOW to be FREE you cease to actually be free.

i wont address the health care issue b/c seatbelt use isnt even a factor as to why that is out of control. thats another conversation entirely. and for you to use that as a backing to your argument proves you are brainwashed and will never understand what im talking about anyway.

and your wrong about "laws are ONLY passed if ALL humans agreed on it". to get around that they call driving a "privilege" as so many of you have pointed out but dont realize what you are admitting to. by it being a "privilege" its like saying you belong to a club. and in this club the DMV (a faction of the government) makes the rules NOT YOU. its not a democratic decision.
think about this: you have been driving for how long?? did you ever get to vote on the seatbelt law? or any law pertaining to driving for that reason? nope. did any candidate that you ever heard of run on the platform of changing the seatbelt laws. NO why? cuz the DMV governs that. if they wanted to they could tell you that you have to wear blue on Wedneday while you drive and there isnt a fuckin thing you could do about it. then what are you gonna be saying to me "well, it makes sense that blue on wednesday is a good idea cuz then we'll all know its fuckin wednesday."

think about it. how free are you?

Old 05-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #35
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaducati
i am more confident on the bike wearing a helmet. i would wear one with or without the law
Explain in detail, why?

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #36
CuCullin
MCSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
Explain in detail, why?
I can cover that one. Very simple, one line detail.

I don't want my melon to crack

Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #37
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin
I don't want my melon to crack
Precisely...the state of NJ feels the same way.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #38
CuCullin
MCSE

Quote:
Precisely...the state of NJ feels the same way.
Except they don't have the right to tell me that

If I'm moving my bike out to the front of my house, I don't need my melon case.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #39
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Except they don't have the right to tell me that

If I'm moving my bike out to the front of my house, I don't need my melon case.
You're reachin' now...

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #40
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

Quote:
This isn't to seem a dick, but from experience and being on a hell of alot of scenes as an FF. Rethink how hard you're taking those turns, seatbelts and airbags only do so much to help - its the driving that has the most significant effect. And just because you're wearing a belt doesn't mean others are, and you'd be surprised how many people broke down after being in a serious accident and killing someone. Just something to think about.
No offense taken, but i'm sure you've turned sharply once where your back seat passenger has flew from one side of the car to the other. thats what i'm talking about. From what i wrote, it does seem a lil bit extreme. But i've never taken a turn too quick where my car,tires, and i couldn't handle. Otherwise, it be a goner. However, my back end did kick out like 2 nights ago. But i was actually taking it slow, went about 10 over the posted cause it was a lil wet out. Go figure

Old 05-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #41
gottaducati
Gear Nazi

Quote:
Explain in detail, why?
for the same reason we have windshields in our cars... i dont want all those bugs and shit hitting me in my face. im a goodlooking son of a bitch and i want to stay that way.

plus did you ever get hit in the face by a bee or a moth at 90mph?? it sux

Old 05-18-2006, 12:21 AM   #42
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
you ever get hit in the face by a bee or a moth at 90mph?? it sux
You ever have your head bouncing & skidding off the pavement like a rag doll at 70 mph? That sucks even more.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Last edited by High_Revs_17; 05-18-2006 at 12:26 AM..

Old 05-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #43
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
easy Rev, maybe you should sit the next play out. nobody is talking about killing babies here and there is no such thing as a loose interpretation of the idea of living in a free country. WE LIVE IN ONE.period.

now i came back on this thread expecting the worse but i was surprised. its comforting to know that some people are actually thinking and agree that we're being fucked.

and to answer some of the points mentioned.
YEA i disagree with the helmet law for motorcycles too. what am i a friggin monkey? i cant determine for myself whether or not its a good idea to wear a helmet on a bike? listen, ive ridden in states w/o helmet laws and i ride here. i am more confident on the bike wearing a helmet. i would wear one with or without the law just as jen would wear a seatbelt whether it was law or not. but thats the my point, once the government starts TELLING you HOW to be FREE you cease to actually be free.

i wont address the health care issue b/c seatbelt use isnt even a factor as to why that is out of control. thats another conversation entirely. and for you to use that as a backing to your argument proves you are brainwashed and will never understand what im talking about anyway.

and your wrong about "laws are ONLY passed if ALL humans agreed on it". to get around that they call driving a "privilege" as so many of you have pointed out but dont realize what you are admitting to. by it being a "privilege" its like saying you belong to a club. and in this club the DMV (a faction of the government) makes the rules NOT YOU. its not a democratic decision.
think about this: you have been driving for how long?? did you ever get to vote on the seatbelt law? or any law pertaining to driving for that reason? nope. did any candidate that you ever heard of run on the platform of changing the seatbelt laws. NO why? cuz the DMV governs that. if they wanted to they could tell you that you have to wear blue on Wedneday while you drive and there isnt a fuckin thing you could do about it. then what are you gonna be saying to me "well, it makes sense that blue on wednesday is a good idea cuz then we'll all know its fuckin wednesday."

think about it. how free are you?

Like i said before...if people have so many complaints about the "freedom" our goverment let's us have...then they should just leave...and fyi...DMV doesn't make the laws.....they do NOT have that much power...

it all boils down to this..

Don't wear a seat belt because you don't agree with the law...shit...I know I will...I don't feel like paying for fines..lol..but if your rich enough to..then so be it...I'll be a puss and follow the law...

Old 05-18-2006, 06:41 AM   #44
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

I wear my seatbelt every time i see a cop. Other wise i choose to not wear it. Its not because i fighting the man or care about the law, i just take my own choice to not wear it.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 05-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #45
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i
I wear my seatbelt every time i see a cop. Other wise i choose to not wear it. Its not because i fighting the man or care about the law, i just take my own choice to not wear it.
I can understand why you do it. The over the head harness and crotch strap is a bitch.

...I gotta find a new joke with you

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism