Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > On The Dyno
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Old 05-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #31
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
High #s or low, as long as there is a before and after with a smooth curve, that's all we need.
Exactly, unless you're racing for a living who cares about top HP #'s, it's all about keepin' that line nice-n-smoooooooooth.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-24-2007, 01:24 AM   #32
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

So to help clarify this somewhat. As you can see Jay's previous post up there the explaination for the high numbers on the sweep test are a calculation to more or less equate what would be seen on a comparable DJ dyno.......a calculation basically.

So I went back and took a look at the step tests that were done on my bike (also posted in this forum) and checked out the step test for 100% throttle and sure enough the readout shows a max "true HP" of 157 HP and 81 ft/lbs.

So, going back to Factory Pro's website and comparing against some known figures that they have up there (since their recorded "true HP" figures are fairly consistent across varying FP dynos) both my K5 and Fuzy's K6 still seem to turn pretty strong numbers compared to the samples below.

http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html

gsxr1000, 05 all stock all stock 136-141 True HP

gsxr1000, 05 race gask, race fuel, exhaust, cams degreed, etc.Michael W. ~ 159 True HP

yzf1000 R1,05 w/ stock exup, slipons, Factory Pro V stacks. 3 samples tested ~145-147 True HP

Hayabusa, 1397cc engine1397cc Wiseco, Web cams, comp exhaust, stock stacks ported, milled head, tuned pc3~ 174.9 True HP
(True hp x 1.15 for DJ hp = ~200 DJ hp)

Ducati 999r, 2005
(several bikes tested) Termi system tuned with a pc3 141-143 True HP
(same as stock gsxr1000 k5!)

RC-51, all years all stock all stock ~ 100-106 True HP

Hayabusa, full system at least 20 samples tested ~ 142 - 148 True HP

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 05-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #33
_Jay_
Burnout

I dunno. All I know is that my bike isn't making 173hp with a slip-on, PC3 and BMC Filters. My guess is around 150hp +/-

Old 05-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #34
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jay_ View Post
I dunno. All I know is that my bike isn't making 173hp with a slip-on, PC3 and BMC Filters. My guess is around 150hp +/-

When you got the map done did Tommy hand you 6 or 7 different sheets of paper?

Go look at them more closely. There should be one in green which is the full throttle sweep test, which displays the high number that is a calculated emulation of a DynoJet number, not a typical Factory Pro number.

There should also be another 6 or so sheets representing the 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% throttle step tests. The blue printed one should be the 100% throttle step test (at least that was the one on mine). The numbers recorded in the step tests are what Factory Pro considers "true HP" and should be a lower reading number.

That is the actual, non ego-inflating number that we are referring to. Go read up on Factory Pro's website from that link I posted and you will understand better.

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 05-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #35
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Dynojet has been making Eddy Current dynos for YEARS. They tune the same way a FP dyno does, in steps. Either one can do a percent sweep test too.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 05-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #36
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Mehhh, a DJ 250i is not much more than an old 150 with new coverings and a quasi electic braking device.

Moreso it's their idea of tuning a/f compared to F.P 4 gas analysis that I don't like (and has been proven to be inefficent). A/f is not an ideal means for performance tuning.

CCS AM 478

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 05-26-2007, 11:16 PM   #37
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Does anyone hear the crickets I do........................?
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 05-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #38
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
Does anyone hear the crickets I do........................?
(as he raises his cell phone to the class)

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 05-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #39
k7 gsxr 1000
Learner's Permit

who the fuck gives two flying shits as to what the fuck you are talking about. fucking tools, i think this dyno does that and this number means this.. what were the before numbers and what were the numbers after, thats all you need to fucking know. everyone in this fucking place is some fucking coach or hero of some bullshit that just means they werent good enough to be a real pro in the motorcycle industry. holy shit didnt this thread start as fuzzy wanting to see if any one else wanted to get a run over to extreme, not what fucking dyno bullshit ur friend used or you think is made by this guy or that. loosers.

Last edited by k7 gsxr 1000; 05-27-2007 at 05:25 PM..

Old 05-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #40
_Jay_
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
When you got the map done did Tommy hand you 6 or 7 different sheets of paper?

Go look at them more closely. There should be one in green which is the full throttle sweep test, which displays the high number that is a calculated emulation of a DynoJet number, not a typical Factory Pro number.

There should also be another 6 or so sheets representing the 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% throttle step tests. The blue printed one should be the 100% throttle step test (at least that was the one on mine). The numbers recorded in the step tests are what Factory Pro considers "true HP" and should be a lower reading number.

That is the actual, non ego-inflating number that we are referring to. Go read up on Factory Pro's website from that link I posted and you will understand better.
Nope. He just gave me 2 sheets. One was a red sheet and one was a green sheet. Red sheet showed 163bhp and the green sheet showed 173bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 gsxr 1000 View Post
who the fuck gives two flying shits as to what the fuck you are talking about. fucking tools, i think this dyno does that and this number means this.. what were the before numbers and what were the numbers after, thats all you need to fucking know. everyone in this fucking place is some fucking coach or hero of some bullshit that just means they werent good enough to be a real pro in the motorcycle industry. holy shit didnt this thread start as fuzzy wanting to see if any one else wanted to get a run over to extreme, not what fucking dyno bullshit ur friend used or you think is made by this guy or that. loosers.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #41
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jay_ View Post
Nope. He just gave me 2 sheets. One was a red sheet and one was a green sheet. Red sheet showed 163bhp and the green sheet showed 173bhp.

Hmmm, I dunno, maybe you have to ask for it then. Well, taking into consideration the calculation that was used to come up with the number on my bike then the max power on the step test for your bike should have ready something about 151 HP.

CCS AM 478

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #42
Commuta_Busa
Slow Ass Busa

Send a message via AIM to Commuta_Busa

it's never a good idea to try and compare two different bikes on two different dyno's on two different air densities... Hell you can run the same bike on the same dyno at different times of the year and your results will be different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf4i View Post
I am so confused. But my friend did make a 175 bhp on extremes dyno with a 07 r1, only add on were power commander, and ack exhaust (not full but with mid pipe)

But my friend on his zx10 got his done on a dyno jet or something with a power commander, full ack exhaust, and ingnition modula was only putting out 168.

So does that mean he would be pushing 180 on extremes dyno???
thanks: Aeromotive/ACL/AIM sport/Tsukigi/AP racing/APE/BDE/Big CC racing/BMC/BoostbySmith/Brembo/Calico/Carbon Lorraine/Carpenter racing/Catalyst composites/Clear alternatives/Cometic/Cosworth/CP/Cycle-tek/Dynojet/Earl's plumbing/EK/FBG/Harris/Hel/Honda/Hyperpro/Innovate/Kickstand racing/Lee Shierts racing/Lindemann Engineering/Machine pro/Magnaflow/Mikuni/NLR/NOS/Pro-bolt/Penske/Puig/R&D/RCC turbos/RCS/RPM racing/SBS/Schnitz racing/Sharkskinz/Spencer cycles/Spiegler/Sprocket specialties/Stedman/The Motorhead/Thermo-Tec/Tiger racing/TTS/Walbro/Yamaha/Yoshimura R&D/World wide bearings/Zukinot