Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Bike chase/fatal pileup
Old 06-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern
Default Bike chase/fatal pileup

So has everyone had a friend tell them about the motorcycle chase in Maryland around the beltway resulting in a bunch of deaths and tons of injuries?

Sorry I don't have a link to the story but I'm sure it would be easy to find. Just wanted to start a venting/discussion thread on this bullshit.

From what I understand: A motorcyclist was evading/eluding a pursuing police cruiser around the beltway parkway or whatever the hell its called by DC. The rider swerved around a vehicle, and the cop somehow managed to run this vehicle off/over the road, causing a pileup that resulted in two deaths and 15 injuries. What I'm pretty sure I heard: the cop rear-ended a car while trying to swerve thrrough traffic at the same rate as the bike. (Last I heard, the biker is still not apprehended)

AM I FUCKING NUTS OR IS THIS COP A COMPLETELY BRAINDEAD ASSHOLE????

The biker is clearly at fault...for RUNNING. He should be charged with ELUDING/speeding, etc, and whatever else he did in the first place. NOT manslaughter or whatever else happened because of the cops dumbass move. The cop should lose his job and feel like shit because he FUCKED UP BIG TIME on a testosterone and adrenaline fueled race that was clearly a losing situation from the start. Usually these assholes think they are above our municipal and federal laws, but this jerk evidently negated the elemental laws of physics as well - a 3804739847lb cruiser CANNOT keep up with a modern overpowered rocketship on two wheels.

But Mike, you insensitive asshole, the motorcycle rider was breaking the law!!! The cop was reacting in an emergency situation making snap decisions! It isn't his fault!!

Sorry, I thought these badge-carrying schmucks were trained for snap decisions and LOGICAL thinking. This piss-funneler obviously doesn't have the wit and mental capacity to keep a job like that. And yes, the rider was a dumbass, he should have manned up and taken his tickets (I don't condone running from the fuzz - I took my citations a few weeks ago!), but since he ran, he should only be charged with things he directly did. Speeding, eluding, etc.

Sorry I'm just venting because I know this has tarnished the reputation of motorcyclists even further and I had a heated discussion with my girlfriend earlier over this. Bottom line: Rider - dumbass who fucked up. Cop - moron who fucked up BIG TIME and whos actions resulted in innocent deaths.

Talk amongst yaselves!!

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED

Old 06-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
SAXON117
Free Rides On A Silverback

Send a message via AIM to SAXON117 Send a message via Yahoo to SAXON117

The guy on the bike was an ass for running especially in heavy traffic. He put himself and other in danger (if he hit anyone)

The cop was a fucking ass for what he did, you can't tell me he couldn't have radioed ahead with the discription of the bike, and if the cop had the plate number(not saying he did) he's a Total dick bag.

Both are in the wrong, but the police officer was trained to use proper judgement and restraint. Its like an adult fist fighting with a 10 year old.

ass + fuckin ass = nothing but trouble

10-08-07 R.I.P. 109
12-06-07 R.I.P. Jack

Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Bad news bears!

Old 06-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Redlinerider
Dan the Man

Location: where you get pulled over just cause you own a bike..

Quote:
Originally Posted by causef0rconcern View Post
A motorcyclist was evading/eluding a pursuing police cruiser
i stopped reading after this line kinda says it all, and yes, he should be charged with Manslaughter, even if we are 2 wheels, we could be on the other end us well.....

my 2cents...

Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
southjersey636
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to southjersey636

Biker should get the normal eluding etc..

Cop should be charged with causing an accident etc..

Old 06-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Quote:
Originally Posted by southjersey636 View Post
Biker should get the normal eluding etc..

Cop should be charged with causing an accident etc..
My thoughts exactly.

I know I come off like I totally abhor every cop and what they do. Let me clarify...I don't...there are just a significant bunch of them that demonstrate pompous attitudes and blatant disregard for laws they cite others for breaking. Cops do tons of good things for the cities and states they work in. I couldn't do alot of the work they do. Accident scenes, domestic disputes, etc...that's crazy shit and I give them alot of credit for putting up with it. But when you personally encounter and hear about shit like this it sets you off.

'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

Old 06-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

I dunno... I don't like cops but... I believe it is the bikers fault. If cops did not chase people then everyone would run and that would be far worse. Just because the dood had a sportbike that has more power then any cop car it does not entitle him free reign to do whatever he feels like.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
causef0rconcern
Up On One

I'm not saying that cops shouldn't chase perps. I'm saying that they should use proper judgement when attempting to pursue them.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #9
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

you see...he is charged with manslaughter..but i'm sure with a good lawyer, it would get dismissed and not likely to be convicted. Yea, some cops are dicks...and some cops are nice....it also really depends on what mood they're in. I got a friend whose a NYPD...got nothing against cops...i just try my best not to talk to them when they're on duty...cause usually it means i'm about to get a ticket......

Old 06-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
Mack
Washes njf4i's Back With a Pink Loofa

Send a message via AIM to Mack

once again our best and brightest are not becoming cops....we allow the "average" people in our society have the power to arrest and use poor judgement on society as a whole....no the cop should be charged with man slaughter if you're going to charge the biker...in MD they are aloud to chase to the death for any crime including a speeding ticket....Personally I don't need cops....I am I law biding citizen and would be with or without cops...besides speeding that is....maybe we should just kill all the morons in the world that can't live in a civilized world....then we could get rid of cops and just live in peace....boy what a thought...obey the laws because it's part of your nature...otherwise you're dead...sounds like a great world to me.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:06 AM   #11
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7

The biker should be charged with manslaughter. Had he pulled over and taken the ticket like he's supposed to instead of running like a douche, the cop wouldn't have given chase and nothing would have come of this. This is the bikers fault in the first place. I will refrain from saying anything about the cop, because for all I know the cop had a clear path and some cager wasnt paying attention and just cut in front of him.

Yeah, it might seem a little severe to start with an eluding ticket/speeding ticket, or whatever and wind up at man slaughter, but the same goes for a lot of things...
1) Arsonist sets fire to a building slated for demolition the next day. Piece of debris falls from the building and hits a firefighter and kills him. Now that arsonist is facing murder/man slaughter or whatever the charge is. But, he was just burning down a building that nobody was in and was going to be destroyed, and he didn't throw that debris, and that firefighter shouldn't have been standing so close!
2) California - 3 strikes your out law. Man shoplifts a candy bar for his 3rd offense. He's been told twice not to do this stuff again, and told on the third time he'll be locked away for good, but goes and does it anyway. Life seems pretty extreme for a lousy candy bar, but the dummy didn't learn.

All I'm saying is that laws sometimes seem unfair to certain individuals. Unfortunately, some people need to be turned into lessons in order for others to learn. Kind of like how most people know someone who's died from drunk driving. Sucks for that person, but puts it into perspective for the people thinking about doing it the next time. If this biker is ever found (which is doubtful anyway), him being turned into a lesson might deter a few others from running and keep ME safe out there. Last thing I need is some guy hitting me because he didn't want a speeding ticket.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 06-03-2007, 02:55 AM   #12
buckle up
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to buckle up

i have read about this on another forum....

i personally think no one has the right to say wether he should be charged or not..

yea what they both did was efin dumb..

but have you ever thought that most police officers especially the new ones want to make a name for them selves and catching a bike is like a badge of ohnor ...

do you think that the officer or the biker were thinking of any one other than them selves?? i think not

and i guarantee that the officer was acting in the thrill of the moment and not thinking clearly

who in their right mind would block a very congested off ramp with their car with out radioing ahead to make sure it was ok and that no innocent motorists would be in that area?? that officer was trying to hit the biker with his squad car thats the only way stuff like that happens

and who is to know why the guy ran from the officer i had a buddy run from the police just because he pannicked and he got caught on an off ramp no deaths no innocent people hurt cuz the officer called ahead and made sure the road way was clear....

yea this makes sport bikers look bad but what about all the people in cars that run?? should cars be outlawed to?? so people cant try to run in them... i think not

this is a bunch of bs actually and innocent people had to die because of it

this is just my not like what i say makes a diffrence

Old 06-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #13
liquiddevil2000
Tank Slapper

its always the cops fault!!!
thats why bikes run...
they never just give u a ticket..
they wanna tow your bike, put a gun in your face or ram u off the bike even if your already pulling over!!
cops arent like they used to be back in the days!!

Old 06-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #14
sonny
Craigslist Champion

never had problems with cops.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #15
buckle up
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
never had problems with cops.
yea me neither