Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Introductions
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 08-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #16
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

Welcome back Bobby...glad you made a quick recovery
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #17
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by akomplis
I think the hardest part was polishing off a 24 oz steak in Hoboken at Arthurs and getting back on the bike...
Should of went for the 'ol 96'er...glad to see ya out and about.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #18
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Thanks everyone....yeah the Dr. was pretty much amazed at my recovery....It all came down to how bad I wanted to get back on two (feet & wheels)....I am doing a great agressive physical therapy, but like someone mentioned I dont want to overdo it...but taking it very serious with heat in the mornings to get that area warm and ready to go and ice in the evening to bring some swelling down...

I was like a kid in a candy store...excited to be back, took up Rt. 521/519 roads by WCW and was just ridn like there was no tomorrow....

Amanda's huh...I will have to check that place out...I love steak! It was last minute, but if I hit it up I will let you know so we can meet up.

Rac:
The Kid/Kit car was pretty cool...but there was this Ford Silver truck with orange flames...that sh*t was nice!!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #19
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
yo bobby..this saturday shamster is holding a "picinic" run. basically..we get a list of food we can bring to a park and eat it at the park. lol..he is working out the basics now.but u think u and myra wanna come with me and pits
Wont be able to attend homie....I have 2 birthday parties to attend this Sat.

If not I would have brought by some good Puerto Rican food...Arroz con Gandules, some Pernir (pork) & flan... what you guys know about that?

Would have love to gone...haven't been to a picnic in some time....should be fun enjoy!! Keep the invites comn doggie...if I am available I am there

Old 09-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #20
Kracker
Learner's Permit

welcome back bobby ..sorry i missed this post...sent you a pm about the road you were looking for...how did your bike make out, alot of repairs? i know it didnt look good that day..

Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #21
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracker
welcome back bobby ..sorry i missed this post...sent you a pm about the road you were looking for...how did your bike make out, alot of repairs? i know it didnt look good that day..
What's good Andy?

My bike made out alright...the insurance keeps bringing her back!! I named her Christine (as in the movie/car) this bike just doenst die and it runs good thus far...no problems...only my lighting/wiring is a little coo-qoo due to the integrator I have installed...might need a new one.

Thanks for the directions, looking to hit those turns and finish riding 651 since I was cut short the last time...nice road though, I enjoyed it while it lasted

Be safe peeps and get your last rides in before the season is over....you know Im making up for lost time for sure!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #22
Shelly
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to Shelly

Welcome back Acomplis Great to hear ur back out there....just be careful! I know how long it takes to recoop. from ankle injury and the PT involved as well. Keep at PT strong and you'll be good.
~Shel

"Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth."-- Ken Blanchard

Old 09-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #23
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagirl
Welcome back Acomplis Great to hear ur back out there....just be careful! I know how long it takes to recoop. from ankle injury and the PT involved as well. Keep at PT strong and you'll be good.
~Shel
Thanks ninja...

Yeah I found that out the hard way...parents just had their entire pool done over and the old diving board was great had alot of spring to it...the new one didnt at all (sucks!) so I went up and my fat ass came down with all the weight on my ankles the baord didnt spring a bit! Stood its place and well lets just say I spent the rest of the day with a swollen leg.

Its a bit deceiving but yeah its going to take some time...but for riding its all good to go...1 down 5 up!!

Old 09-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #24
pmdez
Burnout

Hi Bobby,

All this time and I didn't even know it was you. Just saw the pics of you and Maira in the other thread. This is Patti, Liz D. & Maira's friend...(Lana Lounge). I'm so happy to hear your doing better and back on the bike. I heard you had Maira all shook up, poor thing. Tell her I said "hi".

Take care!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #25
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdez
Hi Bobby,

All this time and I didn't even know it was you. Just saw the pics of you and Maira in the other thread. This is Patti, Liz D. & Maira's friend...(Lana Lounge). I'm so happy to hear your doing better and back on the bike. I heard you had Maira all shook up, poor thing. Tell her I said "hi".

Take care!!!

Wassup Patti!?!? Whats good?

Yeah man glad to be back....for real, it sucked sitting out most of the summer...but I didnt miss much since June/July were mostly rained out!! We reached out to you a few times to ride but you were unreachable...lets try and get together and ride before the season is over...I will have Mai give you a holla and set it up...be safe and see you soon.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #26
pmdez
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by akomplis
Wassup Patti!?!? Whats good?

Yeah man glad to be back....for real, it sucked sitting out most of the summer...but I didnt miss much since June/July were mostly rained out!! We reached out to you a few times to ride but you were unreachable...lets try and get together and ride before the season is over...I will have Mai give you a holla and set it up...be safe and see you soon.
chiliando lol.
really? i know maira called me once but i wasn't riding then, my fault for not getting back to her. i lost my phone last month so i don't even have her # anymore, but yeah we should all get together and ride some. if this rain would stop, maybe this upcoming weekend or something. do you guys hit any of the bike nights?

Old 09-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #27
akomplis
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdez
chiliando lol.
really? i know maira called me once but i wasn't riding then, my fault for not getting back to her. i lost my phone last month so i don't even have her # anymore, but yeah we should all get together and ride some. if this rain would stop, maybe this upcoming weekend or something. do you guys hit any of the bike nights?
Yeah man this rain sucks!!! Bike nights are cool but I dont hit em up week in week out...large in part because I would rather be riding than sitting still looking at all the bikes around...but its cool to go from time to time & chat/catch up with fellow riders.

For sure once this weather pattern breaks and sunny skies come thru we will need to get together and ride.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #28
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Hey bobby, check your PM's.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.