Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Got Gear?
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #61
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer View Post
...They only banned the very low end poly carbonite (sp?) shells...
just a little fyi: polycarbonate

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #62
mullerjd
Learner's Permit

Arai Quantum F Haga
Arai Corsair Wraith
Arai Corsair McCoy
Shoei RF1000 flat black

My girlfriend has a Suomy Spec 1R Extreme pink flowers

Old 01-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #63
nhfirefighter13
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz View Post
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=25781

It does happen to mention HJC specifically, you have to give him credit for at leaset getting the facts right and being more correct than most things posted on forums. But it's only certain HJC's, not all.
Thank you.

Quote:
Yes it does mention HJC but not the ENTIRE line. Only 2 of the low end helmets were banned and LRRS was looking into them. Saying HJC has been banned is just wrong and thats it.

If you are going to post a statement regarding the banning of a helmet....post it...just dont assume its the every helmet they make.

nj
Wow...Have you never been incorrect or at least partially wrong before? I stand corrected before your God-like omnipotence.
I'm amazed how some people like to fly off the handle when someone on a forum makes a mistake and pretend that it never happens to them.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #64
nhfirefighter13
Learner's Permit

Oh, one more thing (not that it is a valid excuse), I am far from the only person who is under the impression that the entire line of HJC has been banned from the LRRS. Seeing as I do not race, you didn't really think that I just decided to pull that out of my ass, did you?

Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #65
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
If you are going to post a statement regarding the banning of a helmet....post it...just dont assume its the every helmet they make.
You'll have to forgive njracer...hes runnin low on Metamucil. Damn dude, ease up on the guy, like JC said, least he tried, and was partial right. Got info? Helps us out, no need to bash

OTOH - Maybe Louden should take a closer look at the actual layout of their track. Forgive me as I go into HighRevs mode(sorry Ron, lol)...Although I never been there, I heard its one of more unsafer tracks for bikes and that being one of the main reasons the AMA doesn't race there anymore.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #66
HondaGalToo
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
You'll have to forgive njracer...hes runnin low on Metamucil. Damn dude, ease up on the guy, like JC said, least he tried, and was partial right. Got info? Helps us out, no need to bash

OTOH - Maybe Louden should take a closer look at the actual layout of their track. Forgive me as I go into HighRevs mode(sorry Ron, lol)...Although I never been there, I heard its one of more unsafer tracks for bikes and that being one of the main reasons the AMA doesn't race there anymore.
Yeah, that and it's just too damned small for modern superbikes to stretch their legs. Screw up turn 3 and you're into a jersey barrier. Ouch.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #67
the955iman
Learner's Permit

Send a message via Yahoo to the955iman

I loved the AGV I had until I crashed a couple years ago. Now I have a KBC VR-1 Euro and I love it. Comfortable, fairly light and quiet, good ventilation. Next one will either be a AGV or Suomy as I wanna go back with either the British or Euro rating.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #68
nhfirefighter13
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post

No need for apologies or forgiveness. I read his comments as sounding like he has never been wrong before... At least I was only partially wrong which means that I was partly correct. Now I know "what the hell I'm talking about."

You're quite right. NHIS is, amongst an already dangerous sport, decidedly more risky than other tracks. This will probably never change (at least anytime soon) as the Bahre Family really has no reason to spend money on anything but the NASCAR oval. I've heard rumors that AMA is looking to come back assuming some changes are made but those are only rumors as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
Yeah, that and it's just too damned small for modern superbikes to stretch their legs. Screw up turn 3 and you're into a jersey barrier. Ouch.
I've personally introduced myself to said barrier on one occassion.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #69
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfirefighter13 View Post
No need for apologies or forgiveness. I read his comments as sounding like he has never been wrong before... At least I was only partially wrong which means that I was partly correct. Now I know "what the hell I'm talking about."
You were not correct....period, you clearly posted that HJC was banned. Here is your quote regarding HJC "(did you know they've been banned at NHIS?)"

How is that partly correct?

BTW - I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, however, I'll just come out and say I was wrong.

(cakes.....U R more than welcome to delete any and all of my posts in this thread.....don't want to hurt anybodys feelings)

Last edited by njracer; 01-04-2007 at 01:21 AM..

Old 01-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #70
nhfirefighter13
Learner's Permit

Uhhh, did you by any chance read the article's title?

Some HJC helmets have been banned. Not all as I incorrectly stated, but some. So I have to ask...WTF is your problem? Do you own stock in HJC? Do you work for them? Have you designed stuff for them? Or do you just like being an ass?

Just trying to understand the superiority complex you have going on there.

From the article
Quote:
In regards to the LRRS ban on HJC CS and CL models, Blakeney said that the models in question have passed all of the required U.S. safety standards.
HJC makes three series of helmets according to their website: CS, CL and AC. So going off a seven month old article that was talked about back in May and then pretty much dropped...the one comment that stood out (and got misconstrued by me) was the one that said 2/3 of the HJC line was banned.

So again, I ask you, what is your problem?

Old 01-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #71
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
(cakes.....U R more than welcome to delete any and all of my posts in this thread.....don't want to hurt anybodys feelings)
And have everyone miss out on all the fun? No way

Your debate isn't holding much water man...HJC helmets were banned...just not 100% of the product line...plain n simple, thats all there is to it.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #72
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

I just went back to Arai after wearing Suomy for the last few years and I have to say I like it a lot more. More specifically, it's a quantum 2 I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 01-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #73
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

arai
icon
bell

oh yeah and my chrom ntazi helmet but only wear t on sepcial occasions with my flip flops and wife beater

Old 01-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #74
D1RT
Learner's Permit

I ride the icon, but I really want to get a Suomy

Old 01-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #75
shadoxkila
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to shadoxkila

i wanted to get that ICON...i've tried on suomy's and they feel friggin awesome i simply don't have 800 bucks to spend on one, if i did, thats what i'd definitely get