Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Introductions
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 08-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #16
Qetesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokes35
Yea, thats the up hill left hander---

wasnt going in to hot at all-- i was running some sportech M-1 metzeler tires-- they were on the end of their 3rd track day--- and the rear end just had no traction and just slid right out from underneath me... it was super weird-- better upgrade to some better tires...

i was there on the 14th as well... i think i remember the red F4i with the primered plastics... i started the day in white, then ended up in red-- cakes-- does he have his name stiched on the back of his leathers?? If so-- hes one smoooooooth rider.

we definately have to get together one of these days-- networking baby networking-- gotta find some other track addicts.

Oh shit! You were gridded up behind me when we had to come in for a red flag. I got off my bike and went up to you, asked you if you were about to pass me? Is that you? If so, I could hear you coming from a mile away

When you lowsided the other day, were you running the track counter-clockwise? Clockwise, the uphill turn is right hander (T5) and at the top is a left (T6) and then T7 is the downhill.

Yeah, Joe has "Cakes" stitched on the back of his leathers. I'm sure he'll pop in this thread any time now

We definatly all need to hook up at the next Beaverun day. We'll give ya some cards if you're interested in handing them out to other riders in your area.

FYI, SBA has a deal with Fred Voit. He's offering all SBA members a discount on their CD's PM Joe (Cakes) for all the info.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #17
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
-- cakes-- does he have his name stiched on the back of his leathers?? If so-- hes one smoooooooth rider.
Thanks for compliment man...appreciate that...Definitely come find us at Beaver in Sept...green EZ-up, red Trailblazer with a big ass SBA logo sticker on the back window...SBA has an agreement with the track photographer there...ALL your pics from the weekend on a cd for $40...can't beat that...check out the sticky in the track day forum for more details...

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 PM   #18
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

Thanks for the info about Freddy Voit... i hate how he wont let me right click and save! AH! out smarted again!

I guess the TL does get a little loud-- i think someone may have come up to me... but not really sure-- the days just blurr together at my ripe old age....

I wrecked in the lefty at the top of the hill, technically, the turn in is still up hill, Mr. Details! I guess i got my turn numbers mixed up... i concider turns 2-3-4 to be one big turn anyways. but yea, the left turn right before the down hill right is there my bike got squirrely... it ended up stopping its slide in the middle of the hill-- was quite impressive... looked like an out of control yellow and black merry go round.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #19
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
I wrecked in the lefty at the top of the hill, technically, the turn in is still up hill, Mr. Details! I guess i got my turn numbers mixed up... i concider turns 2-3-4 to be one big turn anyways. but yea, the left turn right before the down hill right is there my bike got squirrely... it ended up stopping its slide in the middle of the hill-- was quite impressive... looked like an out of control yellow and black merry go round.
The left after you crest the uphill is T-5 I believe...carefull with 2-3-4...from the begining of 2 to the exit of 3 you want to make one turn...that short shoot right before 4 is a nice little passing zone so just be carefull right in that spot.

Oh and yea...Fred is an awesome guy...takes some kick ass pics too...I buy a cd every time I'm there...

Old 08-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #20
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

damn it-- we need a map-- and some label the damn turns-- ha

i know what your talking about-- i like to late apex that last right before the uphill right and pass people down that straight.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:48 PM   #21
Cakes206
The Solution

Cool...nuther tip, before the downhill right...theres a white painted square right in the middle of the track...hit that and tip it in for the downhill...its the smoothest line right there.