Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Extreme Lean Angle > Track Days
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

My first track day! Pocono West (8/26)
Old 08-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

Default My first track day! Pocono West (8/26)

Had my first track day with TPM at Pocono West this past Saturday (8/26). It rainy, miserable, and foggy, but it was an absolutely amazing experience!

The TPM coaches and the people at the track day were so friendly. I loved the atmosphere. (Maybe they were just friendly cuz I was there with Shamster's wife, and 2 females at a track day together are just too hard to resist! lol jk) But yea it was a great time. We took ART basic and Bill was really helpful. The other coaches were also extremely helpful and encouraging when it came to individual feedback and constructive criticism. Julie, Mark, Joe, and Bill were great. I love Julie, she is a sweetheart!

I especially liked the fact that the mirrors were taken off and I could focus 100% on riding and the turns and what was ahead of me. The controlled environment was such a different feeling. No worries about anything, just riding. It was great, and definitely addictive.

I also liked that I was able to practice body positioning and turns without feeling stupid. I never did body positioning or shifted off my bike on the street because I felt stupid doing it, especially since I don't go that fast on the street. Lol. So the track was a good chance for me to feel it out.

Anyway here are some pictures, don't laugh at my noob body positioning or at the ugly suit that I rented from TPM! lol...I'm working on both!!

my baby

sham's wife and i ride the same bike..look how cute our babies are on the trailer (couldn't take a non-blurry pic from our car)

Old 08-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
shamster
Short Shifter

Good job, both of you! You girls did great out there for your first time. Hope you learned a lot and had a blast. I know Chialin did for sure. She hates the streets now.

Many thanks to Dennis (aka Scrappy), for lending us the trailer and helping us setup the night before. Because of your help, the day went so much smoother, so much appreciation for that!

And to the a-hole who stuffed it in the inside of Chialin's turn...hahahaha...you got what you deserved! (some guy passed my wife on the inside, which is a big no no in the white group...he tried doing this to someone else later on and crashed). I normally don't like to take pleasure in someone else's misfortunate, but in this case, he got what you deserved.

Here's a pic of Chialin in one of the afternoon sessions...

Again, good job to you both. Based on what I saw and what I heard the coaches telling you, both of you were very precise and really did everything correctly. And just remember, you did all that when it was wet and rainy out. Imagine what you can do if the conditions were better. Hope to see you at more track events in the future!

Last edited by shamster; 08-28-2006 at 11:44 AM..

Old 08-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
Shelly
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to Shelly

Damn...great to hear about your first experience on track!!! I'll be out there with ya one of these days when I'm feelin' the itch and feel ready for it. Really lookin' forward to it. Sweet Ninja and good choice, BTW
~Shel

"Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth."-- Ken Blanchard

Old 08-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

we should totally go again together.

your ride isn't bad either!!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamster
And to the a-hole who stuffed it in the inside of Chialin's turn...hahahaha...you got what you deserved! (some guy passed my wife on the inside, which is a big no no in the white group...he tried doing this to someone else later on and crashed). I normally don't like to take pleasure in someone else's misfortunate, but in this case, he got what you deserved.

LOL...terrible

Old 08-28-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

It's about time I've seen someone put a K-250 on the track. Given the correct suspension setup, that little bike can move...great job!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 08-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #7
shamster
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuniceEstelle
LOL...terrible
Well, hey, not as terrible as what that guy did. At first, I was of course concerned for the person (especially since they red flagged the rest of you and the ambulence went out for him). But after hearing he was ok for the most part, and then finding out who it was, I couldn't help but smile. F that guy!

Old 08-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #8
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
It's about time I've seen someone put a K-250 on the track. Given the correct suspension setup, that little bike can move...great job!
lol thanks..we brought two identical ninjettes to the track that day. haha. pretty funny. one of the coaches (mark) had a ninja 500, and chialin and i happened to be lined up behind him with our 250s. and someone cracked a joke saying it was like the mother duck leading 2 baby ducklings! LOL.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #9
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Excellent! Happy you both had positive experienced despite the weather. Bill Sink is a great coach. Welcome to your new addiction

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #10
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamster
Well, hey, not as terrible as what that guy did. At first, I was of course concerned for the person (especially since they red flagged the rest of you and the ambulence went out for him). But after hearing he was ok for the most part, and then finding out who it was, I couldn't help but smile. F that guy!
yea there were several lowsides that day, i think about 4! and they all happened in the second to last session, I guess it started getting colder and wetter, and people started pushing themselves too hard. thankfully everyone was okay. can't say the same for their bikes though.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #11
Shelly
Skid Mark

Send a message via AIM to Shelly

Yeah, that would be great!.....Would be cool to have another female for comraderie and/or maybe even some "mentoring" It's gunnew be awhile til I'm ready to get on track though, by then I will most likely have an upgrade...the 250 is definately very easy to manipulate, just hopin' whatever I upgrade to is also the same...guess we'll see.

I'll be goin to watch a trackday though so I'm looking forward to doin that and learning as much as I can until I actually do it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuniceEstelle
we should totally go again together.

your ride isn't bad either!!

"Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth."-- Ken Blanchard

Old 08-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
CBRBob
A 37 Production

You two looked good out there all day. You were pitted just down from me (Coach #29). I am glad you had fun and a safe day!

See you all again!
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 08-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #13
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

ah! didn't get a chance to meet you bob! maybe next time!

Old 08-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
DSH
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to DSH

Congrats on your first trackday!

Old 08-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

you girls are hot... lmfao..jk..but that's cool that you guys had a good time..i cant wait to see my girl ripping up the track....i love her..