Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

It pays to complain!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
vice86
Skid Mark

Default It pays to complain!

Back story very quickly:

Jeep broke down on me on Rt. 80 and made it to a Firestone off Exit 45/Whippany. After looking over my truck, the manager said it was teh catalytic converter and suggested changing wires, plugs, filters all for almost 1000.00..and this was after knowing that my fuel pressure was low. I asked how much JUST for cat change...he gave me attitude saying how he suggests the rest of the stuff and I said JUST THE CAT..and he gave me the price....another mechanic walks in and says its gotta be the fuel pump...the manager changes his diagnosis to "yeah, most likely the fuel pump"....so they change the fuel filter since it was the cheapest to do and the first step....didn't work and wanted to charge me an additional 750.00 to change the pump..ended up making it home and having another garage do it for 500.00

Week later I email the corporate office cuz it really pisses me off thinking how this moron wanted me to spend almost a grand on something that would have made NO difference....someone from Firestone actually called me back to appologize and at the end of the convo he said he'll talk with that station and credit me back the money I spent there...about 90.00

Sometimes it pays to complain.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

I'm learning that. I always just accepted things and just said "they did the best they could" because thats what I do. Well most people do the absolute least they can and I've been learning that the hard way. The newsest thing is mold in my apartment. When I get time I'll tell the story from the start but holy shit do people suck.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 06-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
vice86
Skid Mark

yeah...sometimes you gotta bitch about things to the right people. 90.00 is 90.00 back in my savings account.

Plus when you get a VERY LOW fuel pressure reading...and suggest a new catalytic converter and muffler....you need to find a new job.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
ImmaSquashYou
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to ImmaSquashYou

its funny, cause i worked in staples for over three years and basically know how all staples stores work. I know a bit about od, cc, n bb cause they're mostly the same. I went into od to ask about a rebate, had no help n told me to call sony.....i said uhhh...its an office depot rebate..n he said ohhh......well why did you wait so long to do the rebate..i said what...18 days??? n he went oh...but they have to be post marked by a certain date..i said yea.....the 28th......he prob still thought he was cool n knew it all.....my g/f n her sis just laughed..heh

point being.....MOST managers don't know ANYTHING.........but some of them do, and those that do are very nice....n don't try to give u bullshit.....n even if a cat fails, all it'll do is throw a code n make ur exhaust smell really bad...nothing to do with driving the damn car..

Old 06-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
Taz
Hurricane Katina

Send a message via AIM to Taz

For some things it's worth complaining about. Like Vices jeep.

I work for an office supply company and get the dumbest complaints every. Only receiving 98 paper clips in a box of 100. Who takes the time to count the dam paper clips? Plus I have to send them free stuff. Give me a break. If your going to complain make sure it's worth it.

~No good deed goes unpunished~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
Tina, you could have just ended that sentence with " I'm the smart one"...but we already knew that.
http://profile.myspace.com/Tazg24

Old 06-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #6
vice86
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
For some things it's worth complaining about. Like Vices jeep.

I work for an office supply company and get the dumbest complaints every. Only receiving 98 paper clips in a box of 100. Who takes the time to count the dam paper clips? Plus I have to send them free stuff. Give me a break. If your going to complain make sure it's worth it.
werd...it just pissed me off when I thought about the guy trying to sell me on a grand of unecesary work.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #7
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Damn right it does...I went snowboarding a few years ago and we took lessons and they sucked so we complained & got a free day pass for the next day! I've got other stories too, but who cares right now...the point is made....and I get what I want, when I want it!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec
Damn right it does...I went snowboarding a few years ago and we took lessons and they sucked so we complained & got a free day pass for the next day! I've got other stories too, but who cares right now...the point is made....and I get what I want, when I want it!

OMG..this girl is the best complainer I have ever scene...She complains about everything.....She's the reason why businesses have thier own complaint department...I mean..she complains if one finger nail is slightly larger then the other.... (oh boy i can't wait to get smacked the f*** up later on.)

Old 06-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
Taz
Hurricane Katina

Send a message via AIM to Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
OMG..this girl is the best complainer I have ever scene...She complains about everything.....She's the reason why businesses have thier own complaint department...I mean..she complains if one finger nail is slightly larger then the other.... (oh boy i can't wait to get smacked the f*** up later on.)
So she the type of person that I would love to

~No good deed goes unpunished~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
Tina, you could have just ended that sentence with " I'm the smart one"...but we already knew that.
http://profile.myspace.com/Tazg24

Old 06-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
vice86
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
Does she ever complain about the way you give it to her? lol

Old 06-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #11
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice86
Does she ever complain about the way you give it to her? lol
she's gonna complain about that comment home boy...be prepared for the wrath..

Old 06-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #12
vice86
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
she's gonna complain about that comment home boy...be prepared for the wrath..
pssshh...bring it on. I was in a relationship/marriage with a bitch for 10 years.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

You mother fuckers............Rev gives it the best and now for him calling me a constant complainer - he's on punishment! BASTARDS!!!!!! Taz, WTF you hate me now? If something is done wrong, I'm going to bitch about it.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #14
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Quote:
You mother fuckers............Rev gives it the best and now for him calling me a constant complainer - he's on punishment! BASTARDS!!!!!! Taz, WTF you hate me now? If something is done wrong, I'm going to bitch about it.
Taz don't hate you ya crazy bastage...lalalalalallalalala taz you and hubby coming paintballin or what

Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #15
vice86
Skid Mark

Quote:

How you do it Rev...I have no idea.