Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Dealer - Vendor Experience
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

DO NOT buy from 58cycle.com!!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
BadKitty
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to BadKitty Send a message via Yahoo to BadKitty
Default DO NOT buy from 58cycle.com!!

OK, so i ordered a steering damper for my SV from 58cycle.com. They sent my one that fits and SVS. So I called to get the right one, and was told that I had to "send pictures of the problem" and that then i could get store credit less a 20% restock fee. I explained that there is nothing to photograph since it was all still in the packaging and that NO, would not accept store credit or a restock fee for their error. This is the e-mail convo that ensued ( in reverse order, sorry)

So, yeah, I still have the wrong part, and called my credit card company to deny the charge. If this is indeed the right part, nobody can seem to tell me how to get it to fit between the brackets on my handlebars without buying clip-ons.

DO NOT buy from them. Their customer service SUCKS.
----------------

-This is what the correct one looks like. See how it fits between those 2 brackets?
[pic was inserted]

This is the wrong one like what you sent me. The correct one is smaller than the one you sent me. See how it wouldn’t fit between the 2 brackets above?
[pic was inserted]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 3:43 PM
To: 'Iris'
Subject: RE: store.58cycle.com : Order #71071

We have information that both for the GPR's are the same. Please send us a picture of problem.

Thanks,

Ashley

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 3:18 PM
To: ashley@58cycle.com

The problem is that the item you sent me is for a SV650S, which has clip on handlebars. My bike is a SV650 with standard handlebars. Nothing is defective. It is just too wide to fit between the clamps on a stock SV650. Please process a return authorization for this part in full ASAP so I can try to get the right one by Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 12:58 PM
To: 'Iris '

That picture doesn't tell us anything about your problem with the fitment and why it does not fit on your bike. That pictures tells us that you got the correct part. We do not know what the problem is with the installation because you have not described anything to us and we have no pictures showing the issue. We have to contact GPR because it is there item and they would let us know if it was the wrong part or if something was defective. I'm sorry but we can not do anything with out this info. We will try to get this taken care of for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ashley

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 7:49 PM

Like I said, there is no problem with the GPR and it is still in the packing except for the main piece as it was when I got it from you guys. IT IS THE WRONG PART FOR MY BIKE. You send me the damper for and SVS. I have an SV. Why do you have to contact GPR???? Please send me a return authorization ASAP so I can order a new one. I NEED THIS ITEM BY THURSDAY 5/22/08!!!!!! I attached a picture in my original mail as well. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I have a track weekend next weekend and NEED THIS DAMPER!!!!!! PLEASE tell me what I need to do to get the CORRECT item ASAP.

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:51 PM
To: 'Iris '

Ok can you sent me pictures of the problem that you are having with the GPR? Also please describe in detail the problem we will have to contact GPR, with this info.

Thanks,

Ashley

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:42 PM

It does not fit my 2002 SV650 because I still have stock handlebars and you guys sent me the one for the SV650S or one with clip-ons. I need it for a track day next weekend and do not have $$ to buy one from somewhere else.

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:34 PM
To: iris

What is the problem with the GPR? what is the year make and model of your bike?

Thanks,

Ashley
58cycle

Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

ashley sounds hot.. j/k i ordered 2 exhausts from there.. man im glad they sent the right ones.. i wouldnt want to deal with their CS
Team Pro-Motion Coach #300
CCS AM #300

Old 05-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

I ordered an exhaust from them as well. I called the order in actually, this way the person on the other end knows exactly what I'm ordering. I hardly ever trust using online order forms. Sorry to hear you're going through these issues. Which GPR damper was it by the way?

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

How did you order the part? Internet form, call a person and they told you what you needed, call someone and give them a part number?

What is the part number for the bracket they sent vs the one you need? I assume it's a standard damper and a specific bracket for your bike.

Nothing for nothing, but they're asking for legitimate information. If this was a high school math test, I would have to answer "Not enough information provided to solve this problem".

Go to GPR's website, get the model number for the bracket kit you need. If it's different than what you ordered and your fault, you owe them 20%. If it's different and they told you incorrectly, they owe you a replacement without 20%. If they sent you the wrong part, they owe you a replacement without 20%. If they sent you the correct part and you just can't get it mounted, you need to contact GPR. Sorry.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 05-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
CORNBREAD
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz View Post

Nothing for nothing, but they're asking for legitimate information. .
How many times does she have to explain to them it's the WRONG part?

Their CS sucks. Sorry about your order kitty. When I had my 636 i ordered a lot from 58cycle and didn't have any issues with them. Hopefully you get the part you wanted.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
suzis_date
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to suzis_date

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
......DO NOT buy from them. Their customer service SUCKS.....

I'll keep that in mind...... Thanks Bad Kitty

I ride to fill in the gaps inbetween snowboarding seasons.....

Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
jcblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORNBREAD View Post
How many times does she have to explain to them it's the WRONG part?

Their CS sucks. Sorry about your order kitty. When I had my 636 i ordered a lot from 58cycle and didn't have any issues with them. Hopefully you get the part you wanted.
As many times as it takes to get more information that "IT'S NOT RIGHT". They're saying the information they have says it's the correct part. Unless she provides information to show what is incorrect about it, they can't remedy it without going outside their return policy. Something like "you sen't me part #svs2001SD when I actually ordered (or need) part #sv2001SD" is a two second fix.

I just went on GPR's site and they only list two models,
Suzuki SV650 99-02 5011-1177
Suzuki SV650 03-06 5011-1169

So assuming you received one of those models, they've done their part. If you cannot get it to fit, either you or they need to contact GPR. They can't send you the right part because it doesn't exist if those don't fit. If GPR confirm it does infact not fit, they should take it back and refund all your money and have GPR pay for the mix up.

Their customer service isn't outstanding, it could have been handled/worded a little different, but to write them off as a place not to buy from is a little premature.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 05-21-2008 at 01:55 PM..

Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
BadKitty
Short Shifter

I had a friend call GPR for me directly. They do NOT MAKE a damper for the nekkid SV! SOOOO 58cycle sold me something that does not even exist!

I had told them on the phone 3 times that they sold me a part for an SVS. The e-mails started after than because I wanted a paper trail.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
jcblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
I had a friend call GPR for me directly. They do NOT MAKE a damper for the nekkid SV! SOOOO 58cycle sold me something that does not even exist!

I had told them on the phone 3 times that they sold me a part for an SVS. The e-mails started after than because I wanted a paper trail.
Well no, GPR more or less told 58cycle it does fit, because the sv650 is listed as the model, so they sold you a part for the sv650. GPR is the one that fucked up here, not actually 58cycle. They sold you what exists on paper to them, a sv650 damper. To them, a svs650 damper doesn't exist so they couldn't have possibly sold you one. You must not know how to following the directions in the box to install it.

If they had good customer service, they would have called GPR for you to figure out what is up or if there is a known problem. At this point, if I was the business owner, I would take the item back and offer you a full refund and pass the cost off to GPR, which is shipping and that 20% restocking fee if they feel it's still necessary. But them asking you for more information is still reasonable to me, it should have been clearer though.

Minarchism

Old 05-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #10
CORNBREAD
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblitz View Post

Their customer service isn't outstanding, it could have been handled/worded a little different, but to write them off as a place not to buy from is a little premature.
What, do you mop their floors at night? If she feels they did her wrong she has every right to say "don't buy from them."

Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #11
jcblitz

Quote:
What, do you mop their floors at night? If she feels they did her wrong she has every right to say "don't buy from them."
Part of my job is to analyze business process work flow. From my perspective, the steps taken were correct. I'm not sticking up for 58cycle, but the process that was followed was a valid one. The fact of the matter is customers are usually wrong, they just are. 58cycle needed info on how it's not fitting because they were told by the people that designed and created it that it does. I'm not saying BadKitty is an idiot or just trying to return a part she doesn't want, but they don't know that.

I didn't say she has no right to say that, all I said was saying don't buy from them was premature, seeing how this was posted before the problem was resolved or even the core of the problem was recognized. I don't like the philosophy that if I don't get my way I'm going to scream to the internets until I do. It takes away from people that have problems that have hit dead ends. Again, BadKitty, I'm not knocking you, this could have been handled better, but I see things like this all the time.

Quote:
Does she have the right, (gets out the American flag I have in my desk and waves it around) absolutely, but is it right, I don't think so.

Anyway, did you find one that fits?

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 05-22-2008 at 09:35 AM..

Old 05-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
BadKitty
Short Shifter

No. I can't buy another one until this is resolved. cash flow is tight. And i realize that 58cycle may not have the right info from GPR, BUT, if they are going to sell GPR stuff they should know what the hell they are selling. I sell a lot of stuff at the spa I work at and you better believe I know the ingredients of every product i sell, where it comes from, what it's purpose is. And if someone had an issue, I would call the manufacturer and tell them about it so they could fix the problem, but still make it right with my customer. And certainly not charge them a restock fee or hassle them about the return.

FWIW. still no Return Auth from 58cycle. So i'm glad I called my credit card company and disputed the charge. If they finally send me one, i'm gunna send them an e-mail and ask them for pictures of what they want me to send back.

Last edited by BadKitty; 05-22-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

if you ordered the wrong part, and their return policy states a 20% restocking fee. you have zero ground to stand on
Team Pro-Motion Coach #300
CCS AM #300

Old 05-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
BadKitty
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianR6 View Post
if you ordered the wrong part, and their return policy states a 20% restocking fee. you have zero ground to stand on
See that's just it, i DIDN'T order the wrong part. Their website said SV650 steering damper. They have since changed it to read SV650/S damper and put a note in to read SVS with clip-ons. So at least they are fixing the problem.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #15
sonny
Craigslist Champion

"Ashley"
Wow, this "Ashley" has horrible grammar.

Have your credit card company deny the charge and keep the damper.