Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Track Events
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

VIR South Pics - NWS - Report
Old 06-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
Respect_My_Authorita
NY NY Sports Sports

Default VIR South Pics - NWS - Report

i took a few.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
ronaldo9
Benedict Arnold

Send a message via AIM to ronaldo9

Congrats on the bump Levi you look great out there.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Grats levi!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

What you do to your bike? You're a mess lol. Congrats on the bump.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
Respect_My_Authorita
NY NY Sports Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes206 View Post
What you do to your bike? You're a mess lol. Congrats on the bump.
thanks joe.

the bike was a hit with VIR corner workers, lol.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
Respect_My_Authorita
NY NY Sports Sports

My first day at south [2nd or 3rd session], I go in too hot in turn 1 and said fuck it and went straight, turned around, came back on to the track after traffic cleared.

now i am goin into turn 2, i saw corner worker giving me thumbs up for not crashing and doing ok, i gave him thumbs up too. BAM turn 3 comes up [the downhill], i fuck it up over there again, went straight into the grass and kept going till i reach the otherside of the track, felt like half a mile, stopped waited for the traffic to clear and got back on again

Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Dude what happened to your bike
you should get your self a seat pad it might be a little more comfortable then the duct tape.

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
landshark
Short Shifter

Congrats! It was cooker. Day the temps came douwn slightly and that was the green for some fast laps.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

Started out great, Levi, Tom and Karen were at my house Friday morning by like 8am. Got a real early start to the long drive. Everything was loaded up, my bike, Levis bike our gear, ETC just had to wait for Tom. When they got here, loaded his bike and stuff into the trailer and off we went. Everything is cool, no traffic what so ever. We get to our 1st , pull into a gas station and.... PROBLEM #1 The electric cable for the trailer came disconnected from my truck, the trailer cable was dragged for so many miles that it sheared off a pin. We found a trailer place and got it fixed, $45 we were on our way 20 minutes later.

Get into Virginia maybe a hour or 2 from the track and all of a sudden and the sky opened up, pretty bad. But drove right through it. Got to the hotel at a decent time, about 4pm or so. Checked in put our stuff in our rooms then went to the track to drop off and set up. We were probably the 3rd group of people there. Took the barn which was great because both days was extremely hot but it was nice and cool in the barn and most important NO SUN!

After dropping off and setting up we walked the entire track discussing things took like another hour or so. And for the people who see the dark tire marks on the track from the cars and think its slippery when going over it on the bike, IT IS NOT SLIPPERY AT ALL. After we finished walking the track it was off to dinner, get to the Texas place order our dinner then were ready to pay PROBLEM #2, A BIG PROBLEM!!!! On the way to the diner I took my money out while we were driving and put it under my lap so I can take the $8 dollars or so in change and put it on the side of the center console and forgot it was there. But I got out of the truck and it slid out with me and dropped onto the ground without me noticing so yes I lost $500 in cash.

Tommy and Levi helped me out. I feel bad borrowing money from people but Levi forced $220 down my throat just so I can buy in on Saturday because I was on the waiting list. But Saturday before we went to dinner my wife switched money from 1 account to another so I can pay Levi back, INSTANTLY.

After losing that amount of money I wasn't sure if I should punch a wall out of anger or just cry. And I even said to myself I wonder how the rest of the weekend is going to be after the cotastraphy I had last month at VIR. see link here if you didn't already --->> http://shopphilly.com/teampromotion/...pic.php?t=5258 But Tom, Karen and Levi made things all the more better for me and brought smiles back to my face, not to mention cbrbob sending me the 37 things to my phone from his hotel room right behind us, which by the way, one of them is now my ringer

Saturday, Red group had 35 people total, which they say is full. (I'll get to that in a bit) but we won't know if we get in until 10am. Okay no problem I might not get in. My and Ian (who was also on the waiting list) were in that little tower right off the front straight talking and I was also video taping a lot of people. 10am rolls around me and Ian go to the TPM trailer with fingers crossed and BAMM, we were able to get in. So both of us had a cool aid smile on that reached from ear to ear!

I completely blocked out the fact I lost $500, had to make a pit stop to get the trailer fixed and most important blocked out the messy weekend I had last month at VIR. Now I gave myself a chance to see how the bike ran after dumping a little over $1000 into her. Changed the gearing, new front wheel bearings, new front brake lines, pads, tune-up, fixed the exhaust leak, tighten the steering next bolt and other stuff.

Went out there missing 2 sessions while everyone is almost up to speed. But I kept up with just about 70% of the crowd. 35 people on the track "so they say" and you can do anywhere from 4 to 6 laps before the first group of riders pass me, those guys that are probably ready for Blue. A lot of track to myself and everyone else too.

Great day I had with another cool aid smile. On Sunday I put my lap timer on my bike and after my 1st session I noticed I took 6 to 8 seconds off this weekend then from what I did there 2 years ago, Yes its been 2 years since I did South! But I was running a constant :31 - :32

But so far my best time from Sunday was a :25, second best is a :27 then a :28 but over all its a constant :32. If I can run a constant :18 to :20 then that's beginner blue group speed, dropping 5 to 7 seconds don't sound like a lot but it is, and I know where I can make it up but like Ralph says with the UPSIDE DOWN DIAMOND IS A PUSSY, I am able to do it. This time I took cbrbobs and Ralphs advice and used it.

Also the change of gearing helped out to, some turns 2nd gear was to fast, high RPM, 3rd gear I was dragging and getting a bad drive now its perfect whereas I can give it more throttle at places where Bob and Ralph told me. They came into the barn area and was like look, we told you 2 countless times about this and that, with that attitude as if they really want us to go faster NOW, not later, but NOW. BOB AND RALPH --- YOU GUYS ROCK AND THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Overall I had a great weekend and I'm sure everyone else did but I wish there was a 3rd day LOL

I got a shit load of pictures of people but couldn't get any from blue group, I had no clue who the hell was who out there. I was filming JimRBlue just to find out I was filming the wrong person

cbrbob has pictures too, but here's the kicker. I seen bob taking pictures for like 3 laps right off the front straight by the tires, then all of a sudden he was on his bike next to me, I had to take a triple look and I was like wadafuk, how did he change so fast and get on the track

Also congrats to Levi for the bump to Red and Jake for the free track day and training wheels

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 06-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
Respect_My_Authorita
NY NY Sports Sports

great write up john. you were looking terrific out there . Thanks for the work you did over the past few weeks on my bike, it feels great.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #11
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Wheres all the pics?

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

Quote:
Wheres all the pics?
imma kick you're ass

I'll do them later, that takes a long time lol
theres 75 of them

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 06-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Respect_My_Authorita
NY NY Sports Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409 View Post
Dude what happened to your bike
you should get your self a seat pad it might be a little more comfortable then the duct tape.
, i am used to the duct tape now, I have a seat/foam to put it on but i think i like the tape, looks butt ugly but comfortable.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Quote:
Wheres all the pics?

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue

Here are a few. Good times were had by all. Levi. Congrats on the bump.

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion