Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Track Events
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 AM   #46
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

Awesome time on Sunday!
drove down on Saturday night, got there Sunday morning and got a good spot close to my usual. Was coaching in white so I got to play with Jase, Bishop, Ginoe, and a couple of others, while out in Blue I was getting some good consistent times with old tires and compleatly shot brakes. At lunch I changed my rims and bled the brakes for the first time this year (damn I'm lazy) went out in Blue and was actualy slower! Damn brakes worked too well, slowed me down too much. I'm thinking of only using used brake fluid from now on! haha
Had a very bad start in the endurance race, some one stalled on the line in front of me, but we won't mention names, and I wound up going into turn one very close to last! but fought my way back up to the mid pack by turn seven. closed in on the stiff by turn 10 then got blocked inside by Andy who also had a bad start. My tires started coming in so the chase was on, I had a front row seat for the stiffy vs. andy battle which was cool, only thing is they were running a slower pace because of it and some blocking lines so I just sat back figuring I had plenty of time to wait for them to tire out from almost killing each other before I make a move on both of them. Low and behold we come down the straight practically three wide, stiff inside then andy and then me outside. Stiffy dives in and I want to but see andy in my way, I'm thinking just turn it in for god's sake, he then winds up in an endo and I turn in under him, I got a really nice view of his drain plug and set off after stiff. Without the battle he picks up the pace, but is still blocking my advances, I looked back and saw we were alone, so I figured with many more laps to go and no one coming up I had plenty of time, but the red flag came out early and that was all she wrote.
Next came the sprint, once again I suck off the line, but manage to make it into third by turn 4. I'm hot on chris's tale for a little bit, but he starts pulling a little and gets around bobby in the lead. I'm still tight on them but something happened to chris, because while going over the hill on the third lap, this dude was gone, like someone hit some type of switch for warp speed. I'm talking I swear he was right there, to WTF? Oh well, I kept chasing Bobby for a few, before some dude on a Ducati 998 passed us. He was a little slower then both of us in the curves, but pulled us hard on the straights I saw no hope so I settled down for a nice safe finish in forth, that is until I felt and heard paul on my ass, so I ran some blocking lines to fend him off and bring her home.
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #47
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Nice Omar!!!!! I can't wait to get in there.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #48
JimRBlue
Throttle Lock

Send a message via AIM to JimRBlue Send a message via MSN to JimRBlue Send a message via Yahoo to JimRBlue

Sorry I missed this one.. looks like a good time was had by all.. and jase, when you get the "box" (if you can see it as you go by) your in pretty good position for the next set....

[Today 07:41 PM] John217: wait till next season when i BLOW YOU ALL!

[Today 08:28 PM] Jase: i would put my fav. strap-on around the triples and hold on for life

[Today 08:39 PM] landshark: if you are confortable putting your head on someones leg then go for it

2003 Yamaha FZ1
Micron Scorched Titanium Slip-On
Sport tech blue Chrome
Greggs's Flushmount LED
JMV Bodyworks Undertail

2006 YZF R6
Dr X Kit X-treme Undertail
VFX Pivot Plate kit
Pazzo Shorties - black/gold
Puig Race Screen - Black
520 Conversion

Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 PM   #49
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

my bike did in fact go around the track faster then anybodys eles's bike all weekend.!!!!

enough said

I'll write up my weekend report tomorrow....

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 09-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #50
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by John217 View Post
my bike did in fact go around the track faster then anybodys eles's bike all weekend.!!!!

enough said

I'll write up my weekend report tomorrow....

Stiffy rode it in a race?
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 09-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #51
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
Stiffy rode it in a race?
As a matter of fact...
TPM Coach #71

Old 09-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #52
pillaka
Stiffy Pooh

Send a message via AIM to pillaka

Yea man! Rode his 2002 gsxr 600, still had the OEM rubber brake lines and stock rear shock on diablo corsa's. According to andy we were running high 1:04's low 1:05's the first few laps. I really liked the front forks though, john told me he has ohlins internals inside and I got lots of feedback. I bet if I spent of few sessions on that fun bike I could get into the 1:03's on it.

2009 Yamaha R6 Racebike R.I.P
WERA expert #360
CCS/ASRA #360
TPM Coach #360

2009 Sponsors

Team Pro-Motion
Woodcraft CFM Motorsports
Monmouth Cycles
Rider Insurance

Last edited by pillaka; 09-27-2007 at 06:52 PM..

Old 09-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #53
extreme78
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanBootyScratcher View Post
Awesome time on Sunday!
drove down on Saturday night, got there Sunday morning and got a good spot close to my usual. Was coaching in white so I got to play with Jase, Bishop, Ginoe, and a couple of others, while out in Blue I was getting some good consistent times with old tires and compleatly shot brakes. At lunch I changed my rims and bled the brakes for the first time this year (damn I'm lazy) went out in Blue and was actualy slower! Damn brakes worked too well, slowed me down too much. I'm thinking of only using used brake fluid from now on! haha
Had a very bad start in the endurance race, some one stalled on the line in front of me, but we won't mention names, and I wound up going into turn one very close to last! but fought my way back up to the mid pack by turn seven. closed in on the stiff by turn 10 then got blocked inside by Andy who also had a bad start. My tires started coming in so the chase was on, I had a front row seat for the stiffy vs. andy battle which was cool, only thing is they were running a slower pace because of it and some blocking lines so I just sat back figuring I had plenty of time to wait for them to tire out from almost killing each other before I make a move on both of them. Low and behold we come down the straight practically three wide, stiff inside then andy and then me outside. Stiffy dives in and I want to but see andy in my way, I'm thinking just turn it in for god's sake, he then winds up in an endo and I turn in under him, I got a really nice view of his drain plug and set off after stiff. Without the battle he picks up the pace, but is still blocking my advances, I looked back and saw we were alone, so I figured with many more laps to go and no one coming up I had plenty of time, but the red flag came out early and that was all she wrote.
Next came the sprint, once again I suck off the line, but manage to make it into third by turn 4. I'm hot on chris's tale for a little bit, but he starts pulling a little and gets around bobby in the lead. I'm still tight on them but something happened to chris, because while going over the hill on the third lap, this dude was gone, like someone hit some type of switch for warp speed. I'm talking I swear he was right there, to WTF? Oh well, I kept chasing Bobby for a few, before some dude on a Ducati 998 passed us. He was a little slower then both of us in the curves, but pulled us hard on the straights I saw no hope so I settled down for a nice safe finish in forth, that is until I felt and heard paul on my ass, so I ran some blocking lines to fend him off and bring her home.

Yeach good job on blocking me for two laps in the race.
When is your next track day?
TPM Coach #08