Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Track Events
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #31
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Wow, those are great! I'm stealing the 1st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 09-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #32
Chris
Brian's Daddy

Nice paul.Good to meet you.
tpm coach#15
ccs#15
08 CCS Mid Atlantic MWGP Champ
08 CCS Mid Atlantic HWSS Champ
08 CCS Summit Point class champ:
MWSS,MWGP,MWSB,HWSS and HWSB

Old 09-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #33
extreme78
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Wow, those are great! I'm stealing the 1st
Here you go:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	555 1.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	4439   Click image for larger version

Name:	555 2.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	4440   Click image for larger version

Name:	555 3.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	4441  
TPM Coach #08

Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #34
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

EXCELLENT weekend...it just keeps getting better and better. Long story short, perfect weather, got to our usual spot, got about 12 text msgs to hold spots, LOL. Next morning, perfect weather again, go out for the first session and I was a mess, literally. Having the gix on Beaver for the first time, most of my reference points were all off. Basically had to relearn the track again. On top of that, my heel kept hitting the exhaust bracket, so that was another thing to throw off my concentration...and to top it all off 1/2 way thru the session I notice my shift lever getting lower and lower...to the point where I couldn't reach down to shift and I was stuck in 3rd gear at the fastest part of the track Pit in, loose shift rod cause the lever to back out...brought it back up, made tight, good to go. Second session was better, still trying to understand how the gix is handling the Beav...3rd session we really bonded and started picking up the pace even more. Forgot what session it was but almost got kicked and ran off the track by someone who pulled a knucklehead move, guy apexes 10 kinda slow and then decides he wants to pit in...problem with this is I was making my move around the outside of a right hand turn with pit in on the left...guy puts his leg in the air almost takin out my head...yea so that almost got ugly. Anywho...more riding, I had dropped another second from the last time there...but I was stuck...couldn't get out of the :08's. Got a tip from CBRBob and Chris, by the last session Sunday I got into the :07's, dropping 2 more seconds from August. All in all I'm pleased with everything...even the exhaust bracket after Chris tweaked it so my heel would stop hitting it, lol...thanks man. I really had an awesome time with everyone too...I'd list everyone's names but I'd be here a while...thanks again everyone

Pic1 - T2
Pic2 - Me/CBRBob T10.
Pic3 - Cool pic...check the heat from the exhaust.
Pic4 - Chris on the hunt, lol.
Pic5 - SBA train, me/Jimmy/Ant nice riding tight, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	4442   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	4443   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	4444   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	4445   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic5.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	4446  

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #35
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme78 View Post
Here you go:
Great, thanks Paul!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #36
pillaka
Stiffy Pooh

Send a message via AIM to pillaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme78 View Post
Thats my favorite pics
Brian: f#%k those slow guys.......
Hmm think I am ripping a tear off from the visor, there were some big bugs out there!

Good weekend, kinda wish I didn't have my off track excursion sunday morning, but shit happens. Spent the morning fixing the bike, thanks everyone for givng me a hand. Despite reassembling my front end after the crash, something was still tweaked, so the bike had some headshake issues on the straights, and the front end got a little wobbly and unstable going into the turns. Still managed to win both the superbike and dash race and run laps in the 1:00 range. I was going to go for a :59, but better luck next year. Also did the supersport race, which was a whole lot of fun. Thanks john for lending me your bike. Started in 16th in the way back of the grid, got a good start and picked off some riders on the brakes. I had a good battle with andy on his r6, but he was feeling the pressure and riding very aggressive on the brakes, he wound up pulling a nice endo braking for T1 and went off track, I took his position with omar hot on my tail. Race was red flagged so I took 9th overall. My goal was to get top 10, and beat omar . This was a special weekend for me, this weekend last year I pulled off my first race win ever, crazy how much I have improved in a year, looking foward to going to beaverun again. Good to see everyone.

2009 Yamaha R6 Racebike R.I.P
WERA expert #360
CCS/ASRA #360
TPM Coach #360

2009 Sponsors

Team Pro-Motion
Woodcraft CFM Motorsports
Monmouth Cycles
Rider Insurance

beaverun 9/22-23 pics
Old 09-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #37
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

Default beaverun 9/22-23 pics

coach greg evaluating me for red group

probably holding up some red group folks.

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 09-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #38
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

looks like I missed a great weekend at the Beaver, next time for sure. Glad to see everyone had a good time.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 09-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #39
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
EXCELLENT weekend...it just keeps getting better and better. Long story short, perfect weather, got to our usual spot, got about 12 text msgs to hold spots, LOL. Next morning, perfect weather again, go out for the first session and I was a mess, literally. Having the gix on Beaver for the first time, most of my reference points were all off. Basically had to relearn the track again. On top of that, my heel kept hitting the exhaust bracket, so that was another thing to throw off my concentration...and to top it all off 1/2 way thru the session I notice my shift lever getting lower and lower...to the point where I couldn't reach down to shift and I was stuck in 3rd gear at the fastest part of the track Pit in, loose shift rod cause the lever to back out...brought it back up, made tight, good to go. Second session was better, still trying to understand how the gix is handling the Beav...3rd session we really bonded and started picking up the pace even more. Forgot what session it was but almost got kicked and ran off the track by someone who pulled a knucklehead move, guy apexes 10 kinda slow and then decides he wants to pit in...problem with this is I was making my move around the outside of a right hand turn with pit in on the left...guy puts his leg in the air almost takin out my head...yea so that almost got ugly. Anywho...more riding, I had dropped another second from the last time there...but I was stuck...couldn't get out of the :08's. Got a tip from CBRBob and Chris, by the last session Sunday I got into the :07's, dropping 2 more seconds from August. All in all I'm pleased with everything...even the exhaust bracket after Chris tweaked it so my heel would stop hitting it, lol...thanks man. I really had an awesome time with everyone too...I'd list everyone's names but I'd be here a while...thanks again everyone

Pic1 - T2
Pic2 - Me/CBRBob T10.
Pic3 - Cool pic...check the heat from the exhaust.
Pic4 - Chris on the hunt, lol.
Pic5 - SBA train, me/Jimmy/Ant nice riding tight, lol.
looking great Joe, look for me next season on a 600.... I may be shopping for an R6 for next season. Keeping the TZ and selling the TLR's. After renting an R6 at Pocono, I am convinced that a smaller bike is the ticket.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 09-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #40
ronin_01r1
Throttle Lock

2007 Kymco Grand Vista 250
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2001 Yamaha R1
1976 Honda CB360t

Old 09-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #41
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES View Post
looking great Joe, look for me next season on a 600.... I may be shopping for an R6 for next season. Keeping the TZ and selling the TLR's. After renting an R6 at Pocono, I am convinced that a smaller bike is the ticket.
Ken
Thanks Ken. Aww man...look out...you'll have a blast fo sho

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #42
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

FUCK....thats all.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 AM   #43
Chris
Brian's Daddy

Great weekend guys,I wish that the endurance race went the distance though.Me and bart were just haulin.I think I could have got him,I was waiting for him to make a mistake but Ill take 2nd behind him.If he would have been in the ss race we would have had another good battle.Oh yeah I took first place in the ss race.
tpm coach#15
ccs#15
08 CCS Mid Atlantic MWGP Champ
08 CCS Mid Atlantic HWSS Champ
08 CCS Summit Point class champ:
MWSS,MWGP,MWSB,HWSS and HWSB

Old 09-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #44
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
Will you be travelling 90mph the whole time?
Pegged at the speed limiter the whole way! (About 95mph)

Overall a great weekend... First time in a while that I have felt comfortable out there, even after running wide in 10. Got a great front row view of CBRbob trying not to run over a rider that went down hard and was sliding along side of him. Don't know who the rider is, but he is fortunate to walk away with was a busted ankle, it could have been much worse.

Last edited by ffejtable; 09-25-2007 at 09:42 AM..

Old 09-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #45
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

Good weekend guys. Good to see old the faces and meet some new ones. I haven't been to the track since last season.

First time at beaver and that's a nice track...did i say i like beaver...

First session wanted to get the lay out of the track. Second session started to pick it up a bit and hitting all the apexes or at least getting close to em. But the suspension is not working and the bike is all over the place. I try to tweak a bit, check tire presure, loosing the chain and still nothing. Had to have Defan look at it. After about 3 or 4 laps the bike was much better...not excellent but it worked. He said with the stock shocks, there's only so much that can be done. Third session got CBRBob to work with my lines on a few spots and head movement. Starting to feel better and more comfortable on the bike (Damm 1K is killin me out there scared to get on the gas and when i want too ). Practice head movements and it made a difference. Forth session still working on head position and lines...a coach wants me to follow him and his lines. I do so, then he follows me. Im too wide at turn 10 (damm 1K again ) He tells me to go in slower it will allow you to get a good drive coming out. He also tells me to work on body position and that will allow you to carry more speed in the corners. I work on body position the rest of the afternoon and feel real comfortable.

The second day feeling really good and hitting apexes. Im still having that problem at T10. Some time im on and others im too wide. I started to notice that T7 lots of people are staying to the left and not in the middle. I asked about it and everyone said dont follow them cause as you pick up speed you will have enough track to make t8. Ok I did try it once or twice, then thought to myself, dont want to pick up bad habits at this stage of the game. So i get as close to the box as i can, and see what everyone was talking about. I was passing people a lot coming out of T8 and when i did hit T11 the correct way got alot of people there as well.

So hopefully during the winter months i will be picking up a 6 for the track.

All and all had a great weekend. My fam loved it. My son is already asking when is the next one.

But he said that he doesn't have to worry about John...
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819