Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Track Events
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 07-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #16
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

cakes, what kinda times were u running?

Old 07-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #17
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Ain't no way I'm postin ma'times :embarrass

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:48 PM   #18
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
So that's where the boobie bar is. LOL
If you get off at exit 12 from 81, go east on 9 (left off the exit) and make a right onto 11 south, it's a quarter mile on the right.

We stayed at the economy inn and walked there. Beer and drinks were cheap! It was only 3.50 for a bottle of Bass and my friend had a johnny walker on the rocks and that was only 4.50.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 07-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #19
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Was a great day...fuggin Africa hot and about 2 seconds off my time..but all in all still a good day...stayed up on two wheels so thats a definite plus. Had a guy lose it right infront of me goin into the carousel, I can remember yelling "Don't look, don't look," and just kept on going...he musta gotten up and back on track though cause he wasn't there next lap...was a fun day though...was good hangin with all you mofos...even a certain someone with that obnoxiously loud TiForce coughdougcough As with every trip theres always something...coming back on 287 almost near 23 when I look in the rear view and something doesn't look right...my bike leaning all the way over using qetesh's bike to lean on...musta been tired I guess...whatever...pulled over real qwik and both front and back straps somehow unhooked from the trailer...POS! Fixed the straps and off we went...

Pics coming soon...

Mosport here we come!

Eric, was cool meatin ya man...I'll get back to ya soon...
Ah man, was it really that loud??? LOL I'll repack it for the motor rebuild....just like Jetrey did his, which was obnoxious down at VIR.

My Gix did the same thing. Luckily we stopped for Omar to use the little boy's room, and Shawn told me about it. I knew it was smart sticking the spare rear bike tires with foam between the bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onedwn5up
If you get off at exit 12 from 81, go east on 9 (left off the exit) and make a right onto 11 south, it's a quarter mile on the right.

We stayed at the economy inn and walked there. Beer and drinks were cheap! It was only 3.50 for a bottle of Bass and my friend had a johnny walker on the rocks and that was only 4.50.

Good deal. I know where we are staying next time down there. LOL
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 07-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #20
Vin
Ducaddilac

Send a message via AIM to Vin

Nice pics and posts, folks. Glad to hear you all had a good time.

Facebook | Flickr | NYCGo - New York City

Old 07-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #21
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

You mean you didn't have a lap timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Ain't no way I'm postin ma'times :embarrass
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 07-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #22
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

My lovely trip home from summit was quite interesting,
(long but worth reading)
the old rule of the road is simple, "keep right, pass left", but apparently there are those who ignore that rule and problems may arise.
so we're cruising up I95 in Maryland, Michelle is driving my truck, and for those that don't know her, lets just say she's not shy with the gas pedal (she also races cars, so thankfully has great car control). Then this car jumps over from the center which is empty at this time, to the left lane and cuts her off, mind you we're going between 80 and 90, and this car is around 50. Now the traffic, including Sean and his hirl Alecia, and Jeff and his girlfriend Doug, are all getting backed up behind us, so Michelle flashes the high beams real quick and the nutcase slams the brakes. we're now going just under 45mph, and every body just starts passing us. Too late for Michelle, she's now pissed and starts leaning on the horn waiting for them to move, which they don't. She finally gives up and passes them on the right, and as she does some crazy girl (not michelle, another one) starts yelling at us out thier window, so Michelle grabs an open water bottle and flings it at them, hitting the top of the door, just above the open window and probably splashing water onto her. Michelle takes off and resumes her speed, at this point the car comes flying upto my rear bumper (I guess now she can go 90) and starts flashing high beams, so the road rage picks up a notch, and Michelle starts grabbing handfulls of my change and flinging out the window at them, till they back off, and we resume normal driving.....
but it doesn''t end there, as we aproach the maryland/delaware toll plaza this car comes shooting accross 2 lanes, barely missing the median, within inches of my front bumper and slams on the brakes. some fat crazy bitch jumps out and starts yelling as she walks towards the truck, of course Michelle yells back, and she comes up to the window as Michelle is trying to unlatch the seatbelt and starts slapping at her, untill michelle finally gets the belt off and hits her back, opens the door into the bitch and jumps out, at which time she starts backing up. Meanwhile I see the passanger door open, and jump out myself, to see another fat chick, though taller, come running out. I'm just confused at this point, because I'm not gonna hit a chick (nomatter how ugly), but at the same time I can't let them team up on her. so I just jump in front of the passanger, yell at her to get bach in the car and keep on eye on my crazy girl. So they just keep yelling and stuff till some transit cops appears out of nowhere. At this point fat driver ho tells him that michelle threw water at her, and she wears glasses. yes, we were all confused by that comment. We point out to the officer they cut us off, slammed the brakes, and were traveling at 45mph in the left lane, and the passanger tells him it's because they were unsure of where they were. Once again, we are all confused, and the officer asks them why the hell would they be in the left(fast) lane if they didn't know where they were going and were planning on going slow? They had no answer, and he tells us all to go through the toll plaza and pull off to the side so we can chat, which we did (along with Sean and Alecia who were behind us at this time), yet the two dumbass dirty girls took off! Michelle thinks of taking off after them, but the cop tells us to hang out and calm down. We tell him the story (minus the 80 -90mph part) and takes our side 100%, plus the fact that they took off makes them look bad. He tells us he got thier plate, and I ask him what's he gonna do about it. He says they'll check the EZ pass camera, and see if they have her cutting us off at the toll plaza, and if so they will issue a reckless ticket. in otherwords they won't do a thing I bet. so after he holds us a bit, to make sure they are far enough away, he lets us go to enjoy the rest of our trip home.
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Old 07-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #23
Qetesh

Did you at least enjoy your pizza???

Old 07-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #24
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Omar: Sorry we weren't back there for you guys...we were wondering what the F happened..that is why I started calling, you, then Shawn. Too crazy. How is Michelle???

Jen: The pizza was good..getting back on the road quicker was even better..but as it was we still didn't get home till close to midnight. If we went to where you guys went, it would have been much later.
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 07-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #25
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onedwn5up
You mean you didn't have a lap timer.
Umm...yea...thats it...no lap timer...thats my story and I'm stickin to it, lol...I do have one, they were just pittiful though

On a side note, I finally sold the motor I had...a fuel pump...set of calipers and my air tank...gettin closer to my exhaust for the street SV

Old 07-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #26
Qetesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
Jen: The pizza was good..getting back on the road quicker was even better..but as it was we still didn't get home till close to midnight. If we went to where you guys went, it would have been much later.
I was bustin' Omar's nuts about the pizza

We had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. We got back around 1AM and unloaded the bikes. I got in about 2:30AM. Thank god I didn't have to go to work until 3PM

I wish I could have been a fly in the truck to see all the fun you and Michelle had Omar

Hey, maybe we could do a reinactment of it at VIR at the end of the month???

Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #27
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

the pizza was lovely! haha
I so wish we had a camcorder on, it was wacky as hell!
what sucks though, is when we got home, she realized that her chain broke and fell into her shirt, there was a charm on it that I gave her over 7 years ago that she hadn't taken off since, and it seems to have been lost. she's been bent about it ever since
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #28
motopix

Hey everyone,
I'm usually in the 2 smoke section but thought I'd add to TPM 7/4 report.

My Rs250 is still waiting for tranny parts so I brought out a new toy: 03 gsxr750. For those of you who don't know me (pretty much all of you), I ride in the white group (blue/white gsxr, high mount devil slip-on, yellow helmet).

I just had some Diable Corsas put on and added steel lines and new Galfer HH pads before the event. I went for a little around town spin to scrub the tires and get a feel for the bike - my first ride on it - and bed the brakes. Everything felt good during my test ride.

First couple of laps in white are always hella-slow so I used this time to further scrub in the tires and get a feel for hanging off the 7-fiddy. As the pace picked up, I start getting brake fade and the front end would shudder under hard braking into turn 1. NOT a confidence booster.

Back off the track, the brakes returned to normal after about 15-20 minutes. From then on it was great brakes for two laps, and more force required every lap after. At least it was consistent once past the initial fade so I felt more confident. Talked to several people about possible reasons for this problem since I've never experienced it on the 250. Boiling brake fluid was the most common explanation and I was recommended to get some Motul RBF ($15 a pint - holy crap).

Anyway, onto the riding...I got some great tips from the coaches without even asking for them: unusual for TPM in my experience. Usually you have to grab someone and hope they hook up with you on the track. I'm not being critical although it sounds it, just stating how it seems to me. I could definitely tell a difference in my cornering.

Diced it up with another guy (had 46 on his helmet; probably not Rossi) for several sessions. Very fun. Had a couple of people got down in front of me, the most notable was a lowside in Turn 1. I thought the next guy in line was going to follow him off as he headed for the edge of the track but he kept it on the pavement. While he rolled along seeming kind of stunned I did an inside pass on him. What was i supposed to do come to a complete stop? I got talked to about that later. No point in arguing. Yes Sir, I'm sorry Sir.

I was told I'd be no faster on a faster bike and it's pretty much true. I only managed to get a couple of seconds faster on the 750 than my best times on my SV. I was running consistent 1:31s when I didn't hit traffic.

If I can get the brake thing figured out on the 750 I'll be much happier but all in all, it was a really excellent bike considering it's still got the stock suspension.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #29
Cakes206
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopix
I was running consistent 1:31s when I didn't hit traffic.
WTF you still doin in white group then...Ant was doin 1:28's and got bumped to blue...get evaluated bro...

Old 07-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #30
Brian78
Bitter Bowler

my brakes were very spongy all day. i should have bled them, but im too lazy