Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Media > Pics and Vids > Group Rides
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Cold Ride!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Joker750
Learner's Permit

Default Cold Ride!

So a buddy and I decided last minute that we should get a good trip in B4 the weather gets unbearable. Headed out @ 7:30 this morning to meet up with 3 other guys. By 8:30, 2 of the 3 guys decided that they couldn't stand a little frost on their manginas and chose to stay in their warm beds. Made it about 30 miles when my fingers started to sting from the pain of frostbite. Probably would've turned back but buddy had an extra set of Held gloves that did the trick.

Got up to Bear Mt.- Rt.23 area just to see the area this time of year

Then worked our way up to West Point. Sun felt great if you were standing still but didn't help at all while on the bike. After a cup of coffee, we were feeling brave and decided to head west to try and make it to HP and Sussex. After getting lost for an hour in upstate NY, we overshot deep into PA by another hour, lol. After another cup of hot coffee and a spirited run back east, we finally made it back into NJ. WTF!!!!! Where did all this snow come from?

With the exception of the early morning chill that lasted throughout the day, it was a great trip to end the season for me. My buddy's Beamer had an outside temp gauge on it and he said that we rode all day in the 30s. Highest it ever got was 49 but that was back home already.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Some of us ride every sunday throughout the winter with the polar bear club. Today wasnt very cold at all.

I just bought some Gerbing heated gear so I'm looking forward to that 25 deg day to see just how good it works. I didnt need it at all today.
TPM Coach #71

Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
sonny
Craigslist Champion

Snow, wtf?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM78 View Post
Some of us ride every sunday throughout the winter with the polar bear club. Today wasnt very cold at all.

I just bought some Gerbing heated gear so I'm looking forward to that 25 deg day to see just how good it works. I didnt need it at all today.
once I get the futura sorted out I may have ot make one of those I have the gerbings jacket and gloves and they more than do the job. At least on the street and you on a cruiser I have a fighting chance to keep up

Tom

Old 11-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
RCM78
Tech Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
At least on the street and you on a cruiser I have a fighting chance to keep up

Tom
I doubt it...
TPM Coach #71

Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
Brian78