Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > Exhausts
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Laser CF Hot-Cam for my CBR...
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7
Default Laser CF Hot-Cam for my CBR...

Finally got an exhaust after 6 months of hassle. Thanks to the guys at RPM, I got a Hot-Cam CF pipe from Laser Exhaust. The pipe fit beautifully, went on in about 5 minutes, add 10 for taking off plastics and putting them back on, and I love it. Took a few minutes to get the rivet off to swap out silencers. I left the off-road tube in the can because it's still quiet as hell for an exhaust. Sounds great though. It definately has a deep tone like Laser says, and even in the high RPMs, I have no worries about being pulled over for noise. I think the Db level is somewhere in the mid to upper 90's, and if I must go quieter, I can put the street silencer right back on. Very happy with it though.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 06-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
CBRBob
A 37 Production

The can has yet to break in. As it does, it will get louder. Very cool!
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
Lucky7
Tank Slapper

Thats a really clean f4. The pipe looks sweet.

"Footpeg, knee-puck and side tire wear tell how deeply the devotee partakes of our cult sacraments: the scuffs, scrapes and feathered side rubber from conquered forces, or the fractured plastic of triumphant ones, are worn proudly up and down our two-lane tabernacles as proof of personal enlightenment."

Keith Code

Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
FigNewTon
Shredded (Cheddar) Moderator

Looking good...and like Bob said, give it some time to break in and it will get louder.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #5
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
Thats a really clean f4. The pipe looks sweet.
Thanks. That's actually dirty though... dead bugs all over it, but I try to keep a nice coat of wax, and then follow it up with a wipedown before I ride it each time with the detailers spray... unless covered in dirt and mud, then it's time for a full blown bath. I'm a firm believer that things work better when they're clean, it just seems to be the case that even my car runs better when it's clean.

I'm looking forward to the loudness once that develops. How long does it take for a pipe to break in (estimate of course)? Good thing I can always go quieter with this one.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #6
CBRBob
A 37 Production

Too many variables, just ride it and enjoy.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
sonny
Craigslist Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retom7 View Post
Thanks. That's actually dirty though... dead bugs all over it, but I try to keep a nice coat of wax, and then follow it up with a wipedown before I ride it each time with the detailers spray... unless covered in dirt and mud, then it's time for a full blown bath. I'm a firm believer that things work better when they're clean, it just seems to be the case that even my car runs better when it's clean.

I'm looking forward to the loudness once that develops. How long does it take for a pipe to break in (estimate of course)? Good thing I can always go quieter with this one.
Bikes are meant to be ridden, not washed!!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
Lucky7
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retom7 View Post

Can of Honda Polish and Cleaner for a one stop solution.

"Footpeg, knee-puck and side tire wear tell how deeply the devotee partakes of our cult sacraments: the scuffs, scrapes and feathered side rubber from conquered forces, or the fractured plastic of triumphant ones, are worn proudly up and down our two-lane tabernacles as proof of personal enlightenment."

Keith Code

Old 06-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #9
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Hey now! I ride it plenty... I'm about to hit 10k. I got it with 2700 in October. I just choose to clean when I should be sleeping.

Ye Olde Myspace

Old 06-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #10
shadoxkila
Gear Nazi

Send a message via AIM to shadoxkila

your one of the few people worried that there bike will be too loud, i think i cleaned my bike once last summer....if the choice was to ride it or clean it for an hour, i said F it....its just gonna get dirty anyways

Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 AM   #11
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Well, I live in a quiet town.... loud motorcycles with frequent midnight to 3am home times = angry neighbors. The cops have pulled me over multiple times for my last car which was not loud at all, etc. I also do a lot of riding, and loud = annoying if you're just cruising and hitting that sweet spot for 20 miles. Don't get me wrong, I love loud, it's just not practical.

Cleanliness thing... in the time my bike needs to warm up, it's already cleaned and ready to go. It's not like there's much surface area. Waxing even takes no time. I don't get in there with a toothbrush or anything though, I'm not that anal about it.

Ye Olde Myspace