Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 12-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #16
Gear Dog
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Gear Dog

yeah I think I'm going to take a class as well. Jase how old was your son when he started? Mine will be four soon and I love watching the little guys flying down the mountain

Old 12-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #17
JasonB
.doosh

Send a message via AIM to JasonB Send a message via Yahoo to JasonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Dog
yeah I think I'm going to take a class as well. Jase how old was your son when he started? Mine will be four soon and I love watching the little guys flying down the mountain
He started at age 3 at Jay Peak in Vermount. Yeah it's a good site to see the little ones coming down and enjoying themselves.

This is him how at age 9...i'm so proud of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00690.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1818  
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~ View Post
Jason is one good looking black man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Donna~Today 04:29 PM
you are a hot black man in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
but instead i"m sitting in an airport internet chatting with a two bald men, one former gangbanger who drives a volvo and the other who thinks he's monk
1999 Red Kawasaki ZX6R – Sold
2001 Black and Silver GSX-R1000 - Sold
2007 Blue GSXR 600 - Sold
2006 Black GSXR 600 – Sold
2008 Blue and Orange Yamaha R6 – Current track bike
TPM/Nesba #819

Old 12-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #18
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

I'll go snowboarding. Mark would have if he didn't have a cast on. Throttle and Lurker would probably go too....

Old 12-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #19
pillaka
Stiffy Pooh

Send a message via AIM to pillaka

+ on taking lessons! About 5yrs ago i got a cheap costco snowboard, mostly took it on little hills, at most 600 yards long, not too steep or long. So anyways also at the time my parents were making me attend church youth group. This youth group was planning a ski trip up to VT. I was in a convo with some people talking about that I was riding my snowboard at holmdel park, and so they said I should come on the trip. So I went, didn't put much thought into, just wnet. I wasn't until I am sitting on the ski lift going up the hill suddenly thinking, damn this mountain is huge! What the hell am I getting myself into? Getting off the lift, strapping in, starting to go down the hill (blue square trail), going faster, going even faster now, trying to turn, then catching my outside edge and getting body slammed into the ice. Getting up, busting my ass, getting up, getting a hang of it, going fast, then really busting my ass summed up the 2 days of my trip. You will fall learning, but probably having someone there to tell you what you're doing wrong will help a lot. Either way I guess you learn, but trial and error isn't too much fun!

2009 Yamaha R6 Racebike R.I.P
WERA expert #360
CCS/ASRA #360
TPM Coach #360

2009 Sponsors

Team Pro-Motion
Woodcraft CFM Motorsports
Monmouth Cycles
Rider Insurance

Old 12-13-2005, 02:05 PM   #20
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

i wennt snow boarding this weekend.. (like many i used ot be a skier- ot agood noe but i skiied) the rental gear is horrible but i think ill be buyin my own snoboard and crap by the end of this week
NJF4I trust me take a lesson... i started last seaosn with my friends and all my friends have been doing it form 5 to 10 years it comes naturally to them ..its liek asking a bball player how to dribble... it jsut come naturally
my friend tried to teach me but didnt turn out well at all.. i took a gay lesosn this past weekend and the little poitners the guy taught us really helped me out. i notticed improvement... i only fell liek 4 times the entire day (ones cause of an ice patch and once cause i took a jump by mistake) and was takend blues and greens with no problem. take the leson.. !!!!!!
shawneee is having a promo 50 bucks for lesson and rental and all day pass you cant beat that... i have coupons..

if you are intersted i am either going to hunter this weekend or back to pa to shawnee or camelback.. let me know ( hunter only has day skiing butis a better mountain shawnee has night skiing so youcnagoin the mornign and come back in the evening..)

nick and dont worry you can always crash at my place..

Old 12-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #21
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

JAse do u have any hook ups for Snow board gear? sinc youare an instructor...
or cna yourecomend goodplaced to get gear from?

Old 12-13-2005, 04:39 PM   #22
ffejtable
Shoutbox Killer

I made the transition from skiis to a board a few years ago... Like pillaka, my first time (at camelback) was a lot of falling on ice and very painful... I didnt get the nerve to bother trying it again until I went to visit a friend who is now living in colorado.. Wow what a difference it is when there is actual real snow on the mountain...

Plan on going out there again in Feb... Maybe an entire week... at least a day at vail, probably twice at beaver creek, and i want to try copper and breckenridge too...

i might hit some place up this sunday, gotta look into it tomorrow....

Old 12-13-2005, 07:02 PM   #23
njf4i
BlackBerry Tech Support

Send a message via AIM to njf4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
i wennt snow boarding this weekend.. (like many i used ot be a skier- ot agood noe but i skiied) the rental gear is horrible but i think ill be buyin my own snoboard and crap by the end of this week
NJF4I trust me take a lesson... i started last seaosn with my friends and all my friends have been doing it form 5 to 10 years it comes naturally to them ..its liek asking a bball player how to dribble... it jsut come naturally
my friend tried to teach me but didnt turn out well at all.. i took a gay lesosn this past weekend and the little poitners the guy taught us really helped me out. i notticed improvement... i only fell liek 4 times the entire day (ones cause of an ice patch and once cause i took a jump by mistake) and was takend blues and greens with no problem. take the leson.. !!!!!!
shawneee is having a promo 50 bucks for lesson and rental and all day pass you cant beat that... i have coupons..

if you are intersted i am either going to hunter this weekend or back to pa to shawnee or camelback.. let me know ( hunter only has day skiing butis a better mountain shawnee has night skiing so youcnagoin the mornign and come back in the evening..)

nick and dont worry you can always crash at my place..
'

Shoot for $50 you can count me in. Let me know whens a good weekend for you kon and i'll bring the vodka and beer.

I use to dance like this--> Now I dance like this-->

MYSPACE MY WORK

Old 12-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #24
skid vicious
Burnout

went to shawnee on sunday. they friggin closed at 5PM! i was hoping to stay till 9 when it gets nice and cold out. shawnee also has a $10 off online coupon. it wasn't too bad though. had a couple of falls just to start the season out right.
nick, if you're going to start, go to LOWES and buy a pair of masons knee pads. the ones with a hard plastic shell preferrably. your knees will thank you. trust me on this one. NJ and Pa trails are nothing but hard packed snow and ice. thats what ya get when you fuckin groom the trails every day. stupid asses

Old 12-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #25
sterling
Squid

What's a snowboard? Aww hell for that matter, what's snow? You guys can bust your asses on the ice, I'll be out riding in the beautiful Florida sunshine.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #26
skid vicious
Burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling
What's a snowboard? Aww hell for that matter, what's snow? You guys can bust your asses on the ice, I'll be out riding in the beautiful Florida sunshine.
is that before or after the 4 or 5 hurricanes that blast thru down there?

Old 12-13-2005, 11:00 PM   #27
sterling
Squid

Thats the beauty of Jacksonville. We are located in a part of Florida that hurricanes don't hit. We haven't had a direct hit by a hurricane since the 60's.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:05 PM   #28
skid vicious
Burnout

Quote:
Thats the beauty of Jacksonville. We are located in a part of Florida that hurricanes don't hit. We haven't had a direct hit by a hurricane since the 60's.
yeah but.....
The Relocation Crime Lab Index gives the city's crime rate relative to the national average of all the cities in our database. A value of 100 means that the city is exactly average. A value of 200 means that the city has twice the crime rate as the average city. A value of 50 means that the city has half the crime rate of the average city.
Robberies 274
Rapes 38
Homicides 12
Aggravated Assaults 633
Motor Vehicle Thefts 736
Crime Lab Index 208
Jacksonville has a Relocation Crime Lab Index of 208 which is a higher crime rate than the national average.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 PM   #29
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Just jinx'd yerself...good thing you got them nice long strait roads to outrun any hurricanes

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:20 PM   #30
sterling
Squid

The crime here isn't as bad as people think. Considering how big this city is, it's not uncommon to go two or three days without seeing a shooting on the news.

And Cakes, We have lots of curvy roads here. You just have to know where they are.