Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Dealer - Vendor Experience
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

exoticsportbike.com *FINAL UPDATE*
Old 01-29-2007, 02:50 AM   #1
Retom7
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Retom7 Send a message via Yahoo to Retom7
Thumbs down exoticsportbike.com *FINAL UPDATE*

Waiting for exact opinion of company/service, but here's the deal to date. PS, if the price wasn't right, I would have ordered from RPM, I HATE mail order...

Anyway, I ordered a seat cover from Second Look Design, which is orange/black to match the bike. The quality is great except that there's a tattoo on the orange part... some sort of dark stain that went all the way through, so I want to get that replaced with a clean version.

Secondly, I ordered the Wolf Exhaust oval c/f slipon. The packaging was poor to say the least... the only wrapping the can had was a thin plastic bag with some crumpled paper on both sides and a piece of cardboard seperating it from the pipe. So, there are knicks and scratches all over it in the clear, otherwise the twill is really great looking. The pipe is also for a different bike completely, with two bends in it instead of the one bend like my stock exhaust. The mounting hardware in the envelope came with one clamp to fit around the can and mount to the rear set, and 4 bolts while I have no idea what for. It also has "GSXR B/O" written on the envelope, so I'm guessing I got the exhaust for a GSXR of some sort rather than my 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4.

So, I sent them an email with a full description of the problems and pictures of everything I mentioned, and I'm waiting to see how their customer support is before my final say on the company. Website mentions needing to request an RMA # online, but there is no link on the "click here" option, so I sent an email to customer support and a message to the customer support message box on the website. If I don't hear back tomorrow, I am going to call their 1-800 number and see what I can get.

Products took a while to receive (a full month before both items came), and the order status is very poorly designed, giving hardly any details. Just figured I would post my experience thus far here and reiterate how much more I like dealing with companies in person.

Ye Olde Myspace

Last edited by Retom7; 03-05-2007 at 09:17 PM..