Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > The Garage - Tech Talk > Wrench It
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

the track bike again...GSXR600 issues
Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Default the track bike again...GSXR600 issues

So, I got everything buttoned up on the track bike last night, filled the fluids, and went to start it up...nothing. Actually, I first got the FI light blinking, checked the diagnotics for the code, got a "C15" Engine Coolant Temp sensor, and found where I forgot to hook up one of the wire harness connectors.

I hooked the sensor back up and then thought the bike would start. Went to start it again..no codes this time, but it was just turning over, and not firing. Knowing that it only takes two things to make a motor run, fuel and spark, I decided to spray some staring fluid(ether) into the air box and give it a try again. This time it started, but only ran till the starting fluid was used up. So, now I know I have a fuel delivery issue.

The fuel pump I have in there I am 99% sure it works fine. I used it before I did the motor swap, and now after the motor swap, I hear it kicking on and priming itself, so I don't think it is that.

The only only other things it could be is the hose that connects between the tank/fuel pump and the throttle bodies, or the throttle bodies themselves. Both of those items are from the new parts that I got, figuring since they only have 4000 miles on them, the should be working fine.

I finally gave up around 9 pm when it was dark and couldn't see anything anymore. I am gonna first try to swap the hose from the old throttle bodies to the new ones and see if that works, if not, I am gonna put on the old throttle bodies, since I know they worked on the old motor.

If those two things don't work, I don't know what else to try. Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Last edited by DougZ; 08-25-2005 at 08:45 AM..

Old 08-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Check the plugs. If they're wet it's not a fuel issue. Check the output power of the battery as well. Also...just an fyi...that starter fluid stuff is no good for the motor...something bout the top of the pistons are made of or something...was talking bout it with Ron from WCW while back and he mentioned something bout it but I can't remember exactly.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
Check the plugs. If they're wet it's not a fuel issue. Also...just an fyi...that starter fluid stuff is no good for the motor...something bout the top of the pistons are made of or something...was talking bout it with Ron from WCW while back and he mentioned something bout it but I can't remember exactly.
I'll check the plugs tonight. I didn't use the starting fluid for any length of time, but it is useful to tell you if you have a fuel or spark problem. If you use the starting fluid and the motors starts, it usually tells ya its a fuel issue...if it doesn't start with starting fluid, its usually a spark related issue, or lack there of.

I wonder if the thottle bodies I got with the new parts may be the culprit. They did sit around for two years with out being used. I wonder if they gum up like carbs do???
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 08-25-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
Ant
Kung Fu Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ
I'll check the plugs tonight. I didn't use the starting fluid for any length of time, but it is useful to tell you if you have a fuel or spark problem. If you use the starting fluid and the motors starts, it usually tells ya its a fuel issue...if it doesn't start with starting fluid, its usually a spark related issue, or lack there of.

I wonder if the thottle bodies I got with the new parts may be the culprit. They did sit around for two years with out being used. I wonder if they gum up like carbs do???
Throttle bodies don't gum up. They don't deliver fuel, they are just air tunnels basically. Fuel lines could be gummed up or injectors clogged. Check the fuel filter too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes
That'll make ya crap where ya stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
gixxer...cage....it's like kicking me in the balls

Old 08-25-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
carl_g

Send a message via AIM to carl_g Send a message via Yahoo to carl_g

Do you have gas?

OCCR
RIP AJ600M

Old 08-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #6
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism409
Do you have gas?
Yeah, that would be really dumb to run out of gas huh, especially while out on the track. duohp.
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

Old 08-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #7
AfricanBootyScratcher
SLOmar

swap out the whole throttle boddy/fuel rail/injector assembly. also check the TPS is set OK.
I was serious, if you have a major problem, you can use my bike on sat, since it will be there anyway, just PLEASE be sure to have it full of gas for me for Sun
TPM Coach #673
www.teampromotion.com

MONMOUTH CYCLES
Yamaha - Suzuki - Honda - Kawasaki

656 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
732-671-1073
www.monmouthcycles.com
Click here for dicount OEM parts

Old 08-25-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanBootyScratcher
swap out the whole throttle boddy/fuel rail/injector assembly. also check the TPS is set OK.
I was serious, if you have a major problem, you can use my bike on sat, since it will be there anyway, just PLEASE be sure to have it full of gas for me for Sun
OK, Omar...I really appreciate that. I am hoping to have this thing straigtened out tonight, but I'll have your offer in the back of my mind just in case.

Besides getting the motor going, I have some small issues to work out as well, like getting the clutch adjusted well..doesn't feel like its releasing enough, and when the rear axle is torqued to spec, the rear wheel barely wants to spin.

Thanks again Oms.
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes:

LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #9
RacerGSX
Learner's Permit

Default LOL

Fuek injectors working??? I think not. Never ASSume that because some joe said they work that they work. If you need help give me a call. I am done with my computer class and passed the test Whooo. Anyway give me a call I will be loading the trailer.

Dan

Old 08-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #10
DougZ
Out of Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerGSX
Fuek injectors working??? I think not. Never ASSume that because some joe said they work that they work. If you need help give me a call. I am done with my computer class and passed the test Whooo. Anyway give me a call I will be loading the trailer.

Dan
5:30- 6pm..be there or be square. BTW, thanks for the help.
1995 KDX 200,

DZC

My bikes: