Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 05-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #16
Meshoo
Learner's Permit

Just to clarify the NASA Northeast situation...NASA is a national organization, just like SCCA is. NASA's northeast division, which was only started a few years ago, wasn't doing very well and they decided to fold. The M-Club (M stands for motorsports, not the BMW M class) decided to acquire NASA Northeast's autocross program, dates, equipment, etc. and PDA decided to pick up the track event portion of NASA. This is why The M-Club decided to change it's name to Motorsports Northeast. If you were a member of NASA then your membership will carry over to Motorsports Northeast and if you earn any season points with Motorsports, they apply to NASA national. The same idea applies to the time trials at the track.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:17 PM   #17
Meshoo
Learner's Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o
do you have to do anythign special to your car.. causei got two leased cars that i am just itcing to destroy..
can i race a minivan?
No you don't have to do anything special. You just need to have a passenger seat. For the track you are required to have matching seatbelts or harnesses, but not for autocross.

Minivan..hahaha! No. No SUV's, minivans, pickup trucks, buses... I have seen a Ford Lightning autocross, but it had some suspension work done and it was reviewed and discussed before it was allowed to enter. Although I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:32 PM   #18
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

when i useed to go watch my couin do hi sautocrod ther ewere people there with trucks and shit.. cool stuff.. no i was joking about the minivan i got an altima that i am looking ot destory

Old 05-31-2006, 09:26 PM   #19
ezpunkx
Short Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshoo
Naturally the sooner, the better. I would think (but don't use this against me) that if you sign up in early to mid-July for the August 18th-20th event, you should be ok. If you ever want to go to Lime Rock, you have to sign up early. That gets booked real fast.

If you go, what do you drive?

I have a BMW 330ci.
In the future i would like to start doing this more seriously. I used to ride the track on my bike, i sold it, but i'm still craving some track action. I dont want to beat on my car cause its the only one i have and it needs to last, so i figure a pocono day would be nice just to get out there and have some fun. One day when i can afford a "track only" car i'll be doing this more often.