Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 01-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #46
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Ok from what I have found there is some research being done with 2 drugs. Gabapentin, and topiramate. In 02/03 they discovered that botox injections can relieve symptoms and keep them away for several months. The theory is that id numbs some of the sensory nerves in the skull. However there are some side effects including worse headaches and facial droop/paralysis.

Tom
Thanks Tom
I will look into those
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #47
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsVtec View Post
They fucking suck. I get them a few times a year and always have to throw up 3-5 times before it completely disappears. No lights, no noise and the fucking hot flashes suck ass too! I fucking hate them. I popped my Imitrex pill too late and lost that in the toilet along with 2 Excedrin Migraine pills, which don't really work for me. The Imitrex would have, but I wasn't about to snatch it back. I'm done now.....

BTW, thanks for the flowers biscuit!

Pit, have you tried the Imitrex nasal spray? Much faster than the pill and you're not gonna puke it out. It cost more than the pill but it works much faster.

BTW - I have a friend that gets them a few times a week and he lives on the nasal version.

Oh yeah.......smokin da green is the only other thing that keeps him from putting a bullet in his head.

njracer

Old 01-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #48
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer View Post
BTW - I have a friend that gets them a few times a week and he lives on the nasal version.
Oh yeah.......smokin da green is the only other thing that keeps him from putting a bullet in his head.
njracer
Few times a week? Since when? That has to be the worst feeling. What do the docs say?

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #49
EuniceEstelle
Short Shifter

ouch...hope everyone feels better, these migraine stories sound truly awful

www.2WheelAffair.com
THE ULTIMATE MOTORCYCLE PARTY SHOW 2007

ADD ME!!:
www.myspace.com/2wheelaffair

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

There are two types of people in this world, people who ride motorcycles and people who wish they could ride motorcycles.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #50
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes982 View Post
Few times a week? Since when? That has to be the worst feeling. What do the docs say?
He's been getting them for at least 20 years (thats how long I've known him).

I know he's been to tons of doctors and has had just about every test know to man. He just happens to one of these people that get them all of the time.

Recently he left his job and went on disability because of the migraines.....thats how bad they are.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #51
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

My mother has gotten them since 1980....she uses imitrex pill and when that doesn't work she has imitrex shot that she injects herself.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 01-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #52
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

Yeah they suck...I've had them for a long time and recently just started the imitrex pills, but no way in hell would I use the needles for the headaches...

Old 01-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #53
tommymac
Heavy Thumbs

Quote:
Yeah they suck...I've had them for a long time and recently just started the imitrex pills, but no way in hell would I use the needles for the headaches...
Go to the ER and tell them your headache came on suddenly and its the worst headace of your life and see what kind of needle you will get

Tom

Old 01-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #54
njracer
Team Kessler

Quote:

The one shot nose spray involves NO needles and is super fast acting. A bit on the spendy side but worth it IMO.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #55
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Go to the ER and tell them your headache came on suddenly and its the worst headace of your life and see what kind of needle you will get

Tom
When Imitrex first came out in 93-94 (I think) had the epi-pen to self administer the shot for my migraines. It was drastic, but necessary. Unfortulnately for me, all it did was heighten the feeling of nausea and it did very little for the pain.
If I went into an ER, the pain would be severe, but if I was there to begin with, there would be no needle I would complain about if it meant getting rid of the pain.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain