Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > General Bike Talk
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

What is it about Rt 21 that people just don't get?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up
Default What is it about Rt 21 that people just don't get?

What is it about Rt 21 that people just don't get? That road straight up kills people. It has the single highest fatality rate in the area, if not State. And yet people think this road is worth something? Like it is a proving ground or something? I just don't get it. Who cares if there are limited places for cops to radar? Is going fast on this road worth you life, or the well-being of the family you're leaving behind?

Rt 21 is just straight up ****ed up. I have a rally car and I routinely get airborne in that thing. It's hard enough keeping 4-wheels on the ground, nevertheless two.

The road has sections of pavement that are missing or dropped out. Concrete patches that are poorly done. There are sections of lane where the seam is separating. But yet people race down it like ****in morons. People think it means something if you can tap your bike out going down this shitty road? Get a clue people.

Being a racer who pretty much shows up to bike night on a race bike with a small bar-end mirror I have had plenty of people ask me to race them for money on 21. I tell them they are out of their ****ing minds if they think I am going to take that kind of risk. Could I do it? Sure. Is it worth the risk? Absolutely not. I am a professional nut job who picks his risks accordingly and Rt 21 is not one of them.

Having balls means nothing if they are separated from your brain and you are laying in pieces across the highway. So next time someone mentions that road, be smart enough to stay away from it or from pulling antics on it that will get you killed. If you want to race, go to englishtown or find a trackday.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. I hate Rt. 21 and I hate reading about people losing their lives on that road even more. Nuff said.
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 10-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
CBRBob
A 37 Production

It's not the road....

It's the people that ride/drive like IDIOTS on it.
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 10-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

It's the road too. It's dangerous and not in the best condition which just exacerbates the stupid behavior people exhibit on it.

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 10-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

That road's been taking lives for longer than some of us are alive. My father used to race is 442 along side my uncle's Road Runner on that road with his friends on weekends for fun back in the day. He saw many cars go over the rail for a swim.

It's just a simple idea that attracts riders to it like a moth to a flame, they know it's dangerous, and to make it out alive at the other end is their only goal to prove who the tough guy in their group really is.

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
BadKitty
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to BadKitty Send a message via Yahoo to BadKitty

lol. Rte 21 around here is one of the prettiest roads around and somewhat fun...finger lakes road!!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Smokes35
(+2)Bully on the Internets

Send a message via AIM to Smokes35

Rt 21 in PA has like stop signs and houses and shit...

Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post

It's just a simple idea that attracts riders to it like a moth to a flame, they know it's dangerous, and to make it out alive at the other end is their only goal to prove who the tough guy in their group really is.
I don't think anyone has a goal in mind but to just race or go fast. I'm sure they don't look in the mirror before they drive on 21 and say "this is it...live or die". Most of them just don't realize how dangerous it is and end up flipping thier cars when they become airborne. A lot of these kids are youngster's who just bought a vr6 or evo...or squidily kids on bikes. Most who know how dangerous it is don't go on it. Most who die on it are nubs who don't know the road. Honestly I can admit once or twice i've fel't my shocks extend all the way out..and that scared me..I didn't know the road that well but you know what, I didn't do it again. I'm sure you do have a handfull of people who know it's dangerous and still go fast anyway....those are the one's that don't give a hooot and dangerous to be next to!

Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
SPL170db
Throttle Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
lol. Rte 21 around here is one of the prettiest roads around and somewhat fun...finger lakes road!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokes35 View Post
Rt 21 in PA has like stop signs and houses and shit...

RT 21 that runs from Clifton to Newark in northern NJ

CCS AM 478

"Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."

-- Dwight Schrute

Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
nyskg
Squid

Send a message via Skype™ to nyskg

That's the road I got the skills at
It's not the road ,the people are the problem. Most of the fatal accidents are involving unexpirence riders who want to keep up with the fastest dude out there , or people on stolen bikes.Most of them have no fear of opening the trottle on the straight but when the turn comes they simply freeze at controls.Same thing with the cars.21 gets the most fatalities in NJ simply b/c it actually got a lot of somewhat tight turns unlike others! Would I race there?? Hell NOOOO!!!!I have seen people do that though! ( was passing both of them )
TPM Coach #421
Wera Ex #421

Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #10
Onedwn5up
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to Onedwn5up

Well, we can't all be as fast as you Greg. lol
Team ProMotion Coach & NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/LRRS #973
www.myspace.com/roadracerx
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
Middleweight SuperSport, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Grand Prix, Heavyweight SuperSport, Heavyweight Superbike, Unlimited SuperSport, Unlimited Superbike
Need Tire Service, an Oil Change or Parts Installed? For Competition-Level Service Call Paddock Race Service * Wayne, NJ * 973-704-1555 *

Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
John712
Puke Boy

Send a message via AIM to John712

IM GUILTY

well, I haven't benn on the road in like 5 years, but it was pretty shitty then to

Cakes towards Ian on having to save money to see family in St Lucia.... 'or some girl u hadnt seen since kindergarten u just connected with on FB'? -

The Sportbike Website known around the

Old 10-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
Xracer264
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to Xracer264 Send a message via Yahoo to Xracer264

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob View Post
It's not the road....

It's the people that ride/drive like IDIOTS on it.

Agreed.... Yo anyone seen my BUSA!!!

"Me and Max we no like" Valentino Rossi in "Faster"

Old 10-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
nyskg
Squid

Send a message via Skype™ to nyskg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onedwn5up View Post
Well, we can't all be as fast as you Greg. lol
there were faster then me!!!
I'm guilty too!!!It's like TT on 21hehe!!!!
TPM Coach #421
Wera Ex #421

Old 10-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #14
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

For those in tune with their ideals, it's not about having a death wish, just harnessing that inner sense of adventure and risk that all males possess. Some choose to enhance it more than others, risk verse reward is a powerful drive for one's personal goals, especially on two wheels, if one's so inclined. However others out there are plain just plain clueless, and be it fast or slow, if one's around them and gets tangled up, they can still leave a big mess behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I don't think anyone has a goal in mind but to just race or go fast. I'm sure they don't look in the mirror before they drive on 21 and say "this is it...live or die". Most of them just don't realize how dangerous it is and end up flipping thier cars when they become airborne. A lot of these kids are youngster's who just bought a vr6 or evo...or squidily kids on bikes. Most who know how dangerous it is don't go on it. Most who die on it are nubs who don't know the road. Honestly I can admit once or twice i've fel't my shocks extend all the way out..and that scared me..I didn't know the road that well but you know what, I didn't do it again. I'm sure you do have a handfull of people who know it's dangerous and still go fast anyway....those are the one's that don't give a hooot and dangerous to be next to!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Last edited by High_Revs_17; 10-13-2007 at 01:56 PM..

Old 10-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
BadKitty
Short Shifter

Send a message via AIM to BadKitty Send a message via Yahoo to BadKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 View Post
For those in tune with their ideals, it's not about having a death wish, just harnessing that inner sense of adventure and risk that all males possess.
If that isn't sexist i don't know what is!

Girls are capable of the same ya know!