Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Today's Posts Donate

Old 09-15-2005, 08:07 AM   #46
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
well my friend. it all depends on the job you take. when i was about 20 i started taking classes at devry in north brunswick. i was taking anywhere from 13 to 19 credits a semester. and i was also working full time nights at MONOC (in eatontown) driving an ambulance. this meant some nights i would just wear my uniform to class and after class i would head straight in to work. on a slow night i could get homework done and catch a nap. now i work nights at a hospital and its far too busy to pull a stunt like that so i cut down on the credits because i dont have the benefit of sleeping at work. but the moral of the story is if you are a commuter student, you should be able to hold down a job, even if just for a few hours a week. like everyone else said, having cash in your pocket is helpful. im no voice of experience or anything, but i would say it helps you with a sense of responsibility.

Thanks Orion, I don't have the liberty of being EMT and finish up HW and what not when it is slow, Im working hard in the shop sanding and staining my wood :embarrass .....but for now I am working 3 days a week about 10 hours a week tuesday thursday and fridays (my day off from class )

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 09-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #47
PitsVtec
SBA Evangelist

When I was working on my Bachelors, I worked about 25-30 hours a week. I took morning classes and got out around 1-2pm. Then went to work at a law firm until about 6-7pm. I had Fridays off so I worked all day. I used the evening and weekends to do homework. Now I'm a full-time paralegal and a full-time grad student. I do homework when I can. You need to do what works for you...this worked for me...