Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Full auto silenced mp5
Old 04-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
jcblitz
Having Troubles w/His Wood

Default Full auto silenced mp5

I shot a full auto mp5 with a silencer yesterday...it's not that cool. First off the silencer isn't that quiet, it sounds like a deeper .22LR and at full auto is very noticable. The thing is pretty inaccurate, but the one I was shooting was old and used to hell. On single shot I couldn't get that great of a grouping. The first 2 shots would be close and then the 3rd was out in left field. We put 300 rounds through it and at the end it was like boiling hot and smoking. So if any one you always wanted to shoot one, like I did, it was quiet disappointing. . I still want to try out a M4A1 with 3 shot burst, but I'm not that excited anymore.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 04-20-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
IrocRob
Throttle Lock

What were you expecting? Absolute silence and perfect accuracy? - Only in the movies...

...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Maximum Speed...

Old 04-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
jcblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocRob
What were you expecting? Absolute silence and perfect accuracy? - Only in the movies...
I expected it to be accurate with single shot. I'm a pretty good shot and I would put a few in the chest and then a random one would just walk away. I'd say about 1 in 6. As far as the silencer, I don't think it was subsonic. The target didn't show any motion when the bullet passed through it. I've watched training video's where silenced mp5's were used and this one sounded nothing like it. I think the silencer was bad on this one.

Knowledge is free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Minarchism

Old 04-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

Fist off, they are called Supressors, not silencers. Ammo choice is huge when firing a weapon with a supressor. If you fired standard high velocity 9mm ammo, you'll still get the sonic crack as the bullet leaves the supressor because the round is still travelling faster than the speed of sound. Want it to be quieter? then fire subsonic ammunition.
As for accuracy, the MP5 is an entry weapon, not a sniper rifle. Its meant to be compact and put lots of rounds on a man sized target in short order.
Need to fire it more accurately? Practice some more, they are plenty accurate out to 50 meters in the right hands. One must remember this weapon only fires pistol ammunition and must be treated like a glorified handgun. Albeit with the option for full auto.
I have fired them extensively and they are great weapons when one understands their limitations.
Hope it was at least fun to shoot.

The M4 with 3 shot burst is also something that required training to shoot well. Controlling anything that fires rifle ammo in a burst configuration is something that demands training and trigger time. Muzzle flip is more pronounced with a jump to rifle ammo. Learn to control the MP5 with burst first, then you may understand the M4 better later on.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Last edited by NYCSTRIPES; 04-20-2006 at 11:10 AM..

Old 04-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTRIPES
Fist off, they are called Supressors, not silencers. Ammo choice is huge when firing a weapon with a supressor. If you fired standard high velocity 9mm ammo, you'll still get the sonic crack as the bullet leaves the supressor because the round is still travelling faster than the speed of sound. Want it to be quieter? then fire subsonic ammunition.
As for accuracy, the MP5 is an entry weapon, not a sniper rifle. Its meant to be compact and put lots of rounds on a man sized target in short order.
Need to fire it more accurately? Practice some more, they are plenty accurate out to 50 meters in the right hands. One must remember this weapon only fires pistol ammunition and must be treated like a glorified handgun. Albeit with the option for full auto.
I have fired them extensively and they are great weapons when one understands their limitations.

The M4 with 3 shot burst is also something that required training to shoot well. Controlling anything that fires rifle ammo in a burst configuration is something that demands training and trigger time. Muzzle flip is more pronounced with a jump to rifle ammo. Learn to control the MP5 with burst first, then you may understand the M4 better later on.
Ken

May I ask where you got your excellent knowledge?:

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 04-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #6
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

I am a NYPD Firearms Instructor/Supervisor
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session....-Mark Twain

Old 04-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
Cakes206
The Solution

Send a message via AIM to Cakes206

Quote:
I am a NYPD Firearms Instructor/Supervisor
Thats fuggin awesome. I seriously always wanted to get into target/clay shooting.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:31 AM   #8
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

I shoot competitively in two disciplines,
Competitive Benchrest and NRA Highpower Service Rifle anything competitive, even shooting clays can be an expensive hobby.
I tried shooting clays once, got scared away when the host began showing us his 10K shotguns. I knew it was too expensive for me to get competitive in that sport.
It is fun though.
Ken

2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

Last edited by NYCSTRIPES; 04-20-2006 at 11:42 AM..

Old 04-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #9
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
I shoot competitively in two disciplines,
Competitive Benchrest and NRA Highpower Service Rifle anything competitive, even shooting clays can be an expensive hobby.
I tried shooting clays once, got scared away when the host began showing us his 10K shotguns. I knew it was too expensive for me to get competitive in that sport.
It is fun though.
Ken

please tell me youare the guy with the funny mustache..

just kidding.. BTW any chance of some PBA cards for us brooklyn people that get pulled over liek 5 times a night

Old 04-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
High_Revs_17
ron.google.com

Quote:
I tried shooting clays once, got scared away when the host began showing 10K shotguns. I knew it was too expensive for me to get competitive in that sport.
It is a great hobby, I don't enjoy hunting but I'm always up for a nice day at the trap range. The best part is after I pull out the muzzleloader, "BOOM!", powder the target, everyone on the line stops to look.

The pros in any firearm event are amazing to watch, especially the revolvers, very talented individuals!

'92 Honda CB747-Cafe'

Old 04-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
NYCSTRIPES
Meatball's Daddy

The gentleman with the handlebar mustache is my shooting partner. Fortunately I will never live long enough to sport that much facial hair.

PBA cards are really useless these days, they don't carry as much weight anymore. Way too many of them out there.
Ken
2003 TL1000R #489
1998 Valkyrie cruiser

Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
jcblitz

Quote:

Ken
First, I refer to it as a silencer to be clear I'm not talking about a flash supressor, it saves a reply. I also stated about it not being subsonic and I fully understand what that means or else I wouldn't have mentioned it. I have a family friend who use to own a company that built custom "supressors", I've talked to him many times about them which is why I was so interested in shooting an mp5 with one.
We didn't get a choice of what ammo we could put through it. I know it's 9mm, I wasn't shooting a mp5/10 or something else.

I went with my brother, who is qualified as an expert marksman in the marines and also has completed tactical training courses, including room entry and clearing. We also went with one of his friends who albeit is in the airforce, is a great shot too. All of us and the guy who operates the range, who is also a expert marksman in the marines, said that gun isn't that accurate. It was probably just this particular gun, not all mp5s that are new and off the show room. This one has been through hell and it's obvious.

I' shoot an AR-15 with an m4 upper all the time. I quite familiar with it and I understand controlling burst fire is different, but I was talking about single shot accuracy, not burst. I'm well aware I'm not going to hit shit being it's my first time with burst/full...besides bump firing and the usually misfire of the ar15.

BTW, I did these with a M1 iron sights at 100 yards.

and when I want to reach out and touch someone I use this

Minarchism

Last edited by jcblitz; 04-20-2006 at 11:55 AM..

Old 04-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #13
soda7o
Lazy Ass

Send a message via AIM to soda7o

Quote:
The gentleman with the handlebar mustache is my shooting partner. Fortunately I will never live long enough to sport that much facial hair.

PBA cards are really useless these days, they don't carry as much weight anymore. Way too many of them out there.
Ken

better than nothign..
its all good i am waiting for my friend form the 75th to get me cards and that littel badge thingie..

BTW JC BLITZ are you talking about the sam ebrother that was doing lines of salt in hooter LI.. he is he same qualified gun person youare refering to?

and HiRevs does everything youwon as old as you.. bike gun... youprobably still have a 386pc t home with one of those red green blue crt monitorsand the 5.5 inch floppy drive..

ON a lighter note.. since so many people are into shooting things.. ( i am tryign to get into to shooting things myself) i say some one organize some kind of gun shooting event..

Old 04-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #14
jcblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by soda7o

BTW JC BLITZ are you talking about the sam ebrother that was doing lines of salt in hooter LI.. he is he same qualified gun person youare refering to?
Yup. My brothers entire life is guns, seriously.

Minarchism

Old 04-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #15
Gear Dog
Tank Slapper

Send a message via AIM to Gear Dog

man you guys got some nice toys