Washington Cycle Works

Go Back   Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice > General > Stunts "Я" Us
FAQ Members List Member Gallery Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #16
sonny
Craigslist Champion

practicing and wheelies go hand in hand with crashing

it's gonna happen.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #17
AkrapovicR6
Squid

Send a message via Yahoo to AkrapovicR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
practicing and wheelies go hand in hand with crashing

it's gonna happen.
I know that, but it's a risk i'll take. That you tube video was pretty good, I'll try and follow that. And if I wreck my bike i'll just buy another one.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #18
sonny
Craigslist Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkrapovicR6 View Post
I know that, but it's a risk i'll take. That you tube video was pretty good, I'll try and follow that. And if I wreck my bike i'll just buy another one.
Find a stunter and practice w/him, or her. Find someone with a 4stroke dirtbike..

wheelies are fun, just dont be a dumb0

Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #19
Rev
Moder-Snookie-ator

Send a message via AIM to Rev

Quote:
I am a noob but i have gotten pretty good on my bike, no chicken strips on my tires.
Just a hint...just because you don't have chicken strips, it doesn't make you good! And I'm sure you have chicken strips!

but if you really want to learn to wheelie, there is a site out there that you actually pay them to learn to wheelie. They let you ride thier specially custom bike made for wheeling with wheelie bars and all...

I forgot what the site is and don't feel like wasting my time to googling it...good luck on your mission If you really want to know all ron.google.com

Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #20
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Dude if you just started riding keep riding and eventually it will come naturally. THROTTLE CONTROL IS KEY. Start off by doing power wheelies....they are very predictable. First gear power wheelies are probably the easiest because you know where the power comes on and where it doesn't so you wont get bucked off as if you clutched it up.

After you can hold your power wheelies for awhile try shifting into the next gear and hit second. Like I said this is all about throttle control. I've done back when I was into wheelies 1st gear power wheelie shifted to second and even then shifted to third. Once you become comfortable on your bike it comes naturally so if it's a new bike ride it alot FIRST. Then attempt to do wheelies once you know how its going to react.

Hopefully its just a phase because man that bike can do so much more than just wheelie!!! Good luck.....and when you get comfortable and want to try clutch wheelies ask me or someone you know can wheelie.

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Last edited by Kennedy; 09-07-2007 at 03:48 PM..

Old 09-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #21
Kennedy
Cake Cop

Send a message via AIM to Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Just a hint...just because you don't have chicken strips, it doesn't make you good! And I'm sure you have chicken strips!

but if you really want to learn to wheelie, there is a site out there that you actually pay them to learn to wheelie. They let you ride thier specially custom bike made for wheeling with wheelie bars and all...

I forgot what the site is and don't feel like wasting my time to googling it...good luck on your mission If you really want to know all ron.google.com
If it's the site I'm thinking of someone just died on one of their bikes recently trying to learn how to wheelie........

THE WICKED FLEE WHEN NO MAN PURSUETH BUT THE RIGHTEOUS ARE BOLD AS A LION

Old 09-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
AkrapovicR6
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Dude if you just started riding keep riding and eventually it will come naturally. THROTTLE CONTROL IS KEY. Start off by doing power wheelies....they are very predictable. First gear power wheelies are probably the easiest because you know where the power comes on and where it doesn't so you want get bucked off as if you clutched it up.

After you can hold your power wheelies for awhile try shifting into the next gear and hit second. Like I said this is all about throttle control. I've done back when I was into wheelies 1st gear power wheelie shifted to second and even then shifted to third. Once you become comfortable on your bike it comes naturally so if it's a new bike ride it alot FIRST. Then attempt to do wheelies once you know how its going to react.

Hopefully its just a phase because man that bike can do so much more than just wheelie!!! Good luck.....and when you get comfortable and want to try clutch wheelies ask me or someone you know can wheelie.
Thanks for a real answer, I've just started looking for an older sportbike to do stunts on, so I don't have to worry about wrecking my new bike. And I don't want to be doing wheelies all the time, I just want to learn to do them so if I want to I can do it.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:05 AM   #23
buckle up
Burnout

Send a message via AIM to buckle up

wow you guys really beat up on the poor guy he just wants to wheelie and you guys are like oh i got dibs on ur bike when you crash thats just not right

some people wanrt to learn how to wheelie just to get over the fear of it and just incase the bike pops up that they can handle it with out spazzing out

every one has to start some where

the cheapest thing for you to do is get on a quad or a dirt bike preferably a quad and learn brake control... brake control is when you clutch up the bike and use the rear brake like a pengilum to keep the bike from going over and from the frontend comming down ..you balance out the bike by feathering the rear brake and the throttle at the same time the more gas you give the more brake preassure you applie...you can learn this on the quad and transfer it to the street bike

its hard for me to type out all the steps but if you ever want to start learning i have a clean title stuntbike that is set up this way you dont have to mess up your nice bike

not sayin you will mess your bike up but there are only 2 types of riders...the ones who have been down....and...the ones who are gonna go down..
i know that is sort of harsh to say but it is very true..

but if you are willing and want to learn and know that it will come with some pain

hit me up i'll be more than glad to help some one out

hell i still fall its just a part of the game

Update!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #24
AkrapovicR6
Squid

Default Update!

Well guys I managed to get some practice in before I parked it for the winter, I've gotten pretty good at the standups, just pushing down on the front forks and as it comes up rolling the throttle on and giving her a good pull. and I feel pretty comfortable hitting the balance point doing it this way. Over winter I'm dropping a tooth on the front sprocket and adding a Power Commander, so it should have a little more pop up ability. Anyhow I made it thru my first season without any accidents, and thanks to those who gave me some positive feedback. Look here no scratches or cracks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1304.jpg
Views:	1271
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	4572  

Last edited by AkrapovicR6; 11-01-2007 at 05:52 PM..

Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #25
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern

I've been trying to teach myself too dude. They are hard/scary/dangerous and fun as hell when you start to get it. I started over the summer doing first gear roll ons, now I'm working on 2nd gear standup/bounce ups. I've got the idea, its just holding onto it that I need to do. Once I find 12 oclock I usually shit my pants and drop back forward. I have however gotten a few awesome awesome ones that I had to put back down due to upcoming road conditions or a car coming or something. But yeah wheelies are a hoot. I want to be able to just bring it up on command and hold it indefinetly.

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED

Old 11-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #26
AkrapovicR6
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by causef0rconcern View Post
I've been trying to teach myself too dude. They are hard/scary/dangerous and fun as hell when you start to get it. I started over the summer doing first gear roll ons, now I'm working on 2nd gear standup/bounce ups. I've got the idea, its just holding onto it that I need to do. Once I find 12 oclock I usually shit my pants and drop back forward. I have however gotten a few awesome awesome ones that I had to put back down due to upcoming road conditions or a car coming or something. But yeah wheelies are a hoot. I want to be able to just bring it up on command and hold it indefinetly.
I hear ya! it took me about a month of screwing around with first gear rollon's before I started feeling more comfortable at 12 o' clock, It's a crazy rush doing stand ups at 130k I can't imagine doing a wheelie at 200k.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #27
sonny
Craigslist Champion

for some reason, i dont believe you're doing stand ups.

BOO THIS MAN

BOO.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #28
AkrapovicR6
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
for some reason, i dont believe you're doing stand ups.

BOO THIS MAN

BOO.
Who gives a shit what you believe? Why would anyone just decide to make that up? And FYI I got to learn the standups cuz a good buddy of mine spent some time showing me how to wheelie and that is the way he taught me to do it, it aint Rocket science.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #29
CBRBob
A 37 Production

As long as it's not on the street and you don't call your insurance co. when you crash, good for you!
TPM Certified Coach#29
TeamPromotion
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoach and Site Coordinator @CCM & RVCC
RiderEd of NJ Inc.

Cakes206:fuck the devils

Old 11-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #30
causef0rconcern
Up On One

Send a message via AIM to causef0rconcern

First of all, nobody said they were sick nasty at the one wheeled approach to sportbiking, so don't interpret either of our posts as stating we are stuntmaster superstars. Second, the only thing worse than people who go on forums and make up stories regarding their motorcycling abilities are people who accuse everyone but themselves of being that guy making shit up online. Supposedly there are alot of those out there, but don't throw AkR6 and I in the mix. I see no reason to try to discredit anybody.

'00 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Lonely in NJ.
'92 Honda VFR750 streetfighter: 500lbs of all weather, curb hopping, apocalypse-ready, pothole-eating urban assault device

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE MOTORIZED